IGNORED

Home from trip with no OVERDRIVE

OK well I started the bike just now. No crazy noises or anything concerning. Still need to fill the brake fluid, clutch fluid and put saddle bags on but IT RUNS.....the wife made me call it a night early and my son is off school tomorrow so no progress will be made. Next time Ill be able to work on it will be saturday so Ill update on the ride then.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my son took a 2 hour nap and gave me just enough time to FINISH everything. I pulled the bike out of the garage and drove it back in, seems fine. I cleaned the garage and to my surprise not a single exta part lying around,,,,gotta be a first. Wife should be home from school soon and a real test ride will take place. Thanks for following this and if you have any questions regarding my ordeal I would love to help out in any way I can.

Guest tx2sturgis
Thanks for following this and if you have any questions regarding my ordeal I would love to help out in any way I can.

Now that you have a good idea of how to do all that, you should start over and video record it, from start to finish.

Narration would be good. Sound effects and beer consumption included is ok too.

But best of all is bikini-clad women in the background handing you the tools.

Yeah. And dont worry, I'll do the hard part and edit the video and upload it to youtube.

Hey, what are friends for?

:happy34:

Well its official the bike is back to normal. I have put about 150 miles on it, and it is back to 100%. The carbs seemed clogged and I had to ride it like I stole it for a few miles but all of the sudden whatever it was came free and MAN WHAT A RIDE. Included is a pic of a nice clean bike. The last one had no motor and about 3500miles worth of road grime.

Well its official the bike is back to normal. I have put about 150 miles on it, and it is back to 100%. The carbs seemed clogged and I had to ride it like I stole it for a few miles but all of the sudden whatever it was came free and MAN WHAT A RIDE. Included is a pic of a nice clean bike. The last one had no motor and about 3500miles worth of road grime.

Look great.

Sounds like good news that all is well.

But what is that circlip laying on the ground under the side of the tranny??????

:stickpoke:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ryan,

I have been following this thread closely, for obvious reasons! You have done an excellent job with this repair. I have seen damage like this result in the parting of a bike more than once, and for the money you spent to affect this repair, you would have been hard pressed to find another Venture in as nice a shape as yours! There are few things in life that give you as good of a feeling as when you repair your bike yourself, and then enjoy the fruits of that labor by taking your newly repaired bike for a nice long ride! Ride safely my friend, and if you ever need any other parts for your Venture, please feel free to call on me. Your father must be very proud of you Ryan, I know I am!

Ya' Done Good! :thumbsup2:

Earl