IGNORED

National Park Pass

Condor

I wondering if any OF's (over 62) on the board have picked up one of those Lifetime Senior Park Passes for $10 bucks? And if so where did you go to apply for it? Seems like it would be a good thing to have if you plan on visiting any National Parks in the future, and the $10 bucks is kinda cheap......

I paid $80 for my one year pass this summer before my trip and it paid for itself. In fact it paid for itself at Yellowstone alone. We stayed in Cody for a few days and to go anywhere west you have to go through the park. It's 20 bucks even to pass through. We went through there 5 times, so I was happy!

$10 for life would be a great price!?!? I got mine online at nps.gov. I bet you could get the senior pass there too.

If I were you, Jack, I'd grab it. Unfortunately I'm still waaaaaayyyyyyy too young! :dancefool:

$10 for life would be a great price!?!? I got mine online at nps.gov. I bet you could get the senior pass there too. If I were you, Jack, I'd grab it. Unfortunately I'm still waaaaaayyyyyyy too young!

The problem with getting a senior pass is that you have to apply in person with proof of residency and age. They won't take the sweepin's from a barber shop..... :) I found a list of agencies where you can get it, but having a hard time finding something local.

I just got off the phone with the Nat. Fish and Game office and they refered me to the BLM office here in town, so things are lookin up. The nor-cal board members are thinking about doing a couple of rides in National Parks, and if it happens this thing will pay off big time....

Any other members over 62 might want to look into picking one up. It's lifetime.

If you are a disabled Veteran drawing a pension of any amount you can get a Golden Access Passport Free.

All you have to do is go to any national park and show proof of disability.

Actually from what I've read you don't even have to be a veteran, just disabled. I might add that you have to jump thru a few hoops to prove disability, so it might be a lot easier to ante up the one time fee of $10 bucks.

I went into Crater Lake Park this last summer, just told them I was old enough, showed driver licence as proof, paid the normal Entrance fee, and they gave me the life time pass.

Next time you pull up to a park entrance gate, just ask.

They don't offer it, unless you ask.

Yeah Condor,

It's like George says, just ask for it at any National Park entrance. I picked up mine when we pulled into Yellowstone this year. He said sure thing and asked two questions. 1. Was a US citizen and 2. Was I at least 62 years old. And when I answered "yes" to both, he asked for my driver's license and he worked me up a Senior Pass for $10 (for the rest of my life). And it covers anyone that is in (or on) you vehicle (up to 3 extra people).

Now because of the proof of age restriction, these passes can only be bought in person from any National Park entrance, unlike the annual passes. And when you use it, you have to show the pass as well as photo id (drivers license).

Rick

Yeah Condor,

It's like George says, just ask for it at any National Park entrance. I picked up mine when we pulled into Yellowstone this year. He said sure thing and asked two questions. 1. Was a US citizen and 2. Was I at least 62 years old. And when I answered "yes" to both, he asked for my driver's license and he worked me up a Senior Pass for $10 (for the rest of my life). And it covers anyone that is in (or on) you vehicle (up to 3 extra people).

Now because of the proof of age restriction, these passes can only be bought in person from any National Park entrance, unlike the annual passes. And when you use it, you have to show the pass as well as photo id (drivers license).

Rick

Question Rick. Do they give you a non-personalized plastic card right then and there, or do they send a personalized in the mail later on down the road. I'm gonna hold off either way until I get to the gates.... :) Thanks for the info....

No Jack,

The card they give you is a nice plastic (credit like) card with a nice scenic picture and "Senior Pass" on one side and all of the restrictions, bar code, magnetic strip and a place for your signature on the other side. But I'm guessing there may be something like your name, address, DL number on the magnetic strip.

Heck no further than you are from Yosemite, I'd ride over there just to get the pass.

Rick

No Jack,

The card they give you is a nice plastic (credit like) card with a nice scenic picture and "Senior Pass" on one side and all of the restrictions, bar code, magnetic strip and a place for your signature on the other side. But I'm guessing there may be something like your name, address, DL number on the magnetic strip.

Heck no further than you are from Yosemite, I'd ride over there just to get the pass.

Rick

Sounds like a plan Rick....as soon as it gets above 60 degs. ...... :snow2::) :rotf: