IGNORED

Panty changer

steamer

As Robin call's it.On our way home from a nice 130 mile ride. We were about 5 miles from home,coming up on a 4 way. We had a yellow flashing light,the cross road had a stop sign. An old gezzer about 85 to 90 years old, can barely see over the steering wheel. He came to a complete stop.He is on our right,both of us are looking right at him.He never looked to his right or left,just straight ahead. He sits there at least 2-3 seconds. I'm thinking because he's not moving he must have seen us. NOPE,he pulls out, heads staight across our path. All I can say is thank god for the trike kit.I locked them up good.All you can hear is screeching tires and the smell of rubber. with all that noise he still doesn't look our way.Maybe a good thing he didn't,he may have panicked and hit his brakes.we would have T boned him for sure. The trike kit kept us up. I'm sure we would have gone down without it. All in all it was a very nice ride.

It's bad enough when they do not see you but when they do and still cut you off. I had a girl in a pickup yesterday pass me then immediately turn into the shopping center from the left lane directly in front of me I was sure glad I changed brake pads Friday. I turned into the parking lot behind her to check my drawers, and to have a few words with the young lady but my wife kept beating on my back saying let it go let it go so I just told her to learn to drive and we went on our way. Hopefully I scared her a little but I doubt it.

Your experince is a pretty good example of being on 3 wheels is good. While I haven't had to do any evasive manuvers like this I do know I could stop in a much shorter distance if need be.

I did a test once and dilberately stomped on the rear brake at about 45 mph. Yep those big discs and extra rubber screamed stop right now.

Anyhow your experince shows one must never take what other drivers do for granted cause they just might do the unexpected and put you in harms way.

Thanks for sharing and glad nothing more happened than a scare to you & the Mrs.

Larry

I had one two days ago. Riding up to a red light that was green for me.

Old blue hair in a Caddy sitting at the light, red to her. She was sitting at the red light.

She blows the red light right in front of me.

I am just far enough away I miss her.

I do not think she ever even saw me.

My birthday is Monday. I will be 55. I have ridden bikes since I was 10.

I sometimes wonder if it is worth the risk.

I had one two days ago. Riding up to a red light that was green for me.

Old blue hair in a Caddy sitting at the light, red to her. She was sitting at the red light.

She blows the red light right in front of me.

I am just far enough away I miss her.

I do not think she ever even saw me.

My birthday is Monday. I will be 55. I have ridden bikes since I was 10.

I sometimes wonder if it is worth the risk.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY a few hrs early!! You been riding that long you ain't quitting. I tried. You know how tired I am of getting ran over??:whistling::Happy Birthday::Happy Birthday: Hope you have a GREAT one!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY a few hrs early!! You been riding that long you ain't quitting. I tried. You know how tired I am of getting ran over??:whistling::Happy Birthday::Happy Birthday: Hope you have a GREAT one!!

I kowwhat ya mean Yammer. I will never quit riding. Old age must be making me more aware though.

TY :cool10: for the BD post.

MoS

Had one of them moments yesterday. Was riding in a group and I was 4th inline of about 6 of us.

Had a car almost run a stop sign on a side road. The bike in front of us speed up to get out of the way. Luckily I had spotted the guy coming pretty hard towards us. I had already slowed up some and was breaking hard when he finally stopped.

He then looks at us like we were in his way and it was our fault he had to stop. Like others commenting here, I got the TALK from my wife on why I wasn't going to turn around and have a TALK with them. LOL:rotf:

I kowwhat ya mean Yammer. I will never quit riding. Old age must be making me more aware though.

TY :cool10: for the BD post.

MoS

Yea, I'll be 55 Friday. Started at about 12. Seems Like I been thinking the same from time to time. I think the ones I worry about the most is turning left in front of me and then stopping dead in my lane. But I keep getting on and smiling till then..

Had a woman in a mini van sitting at a stop sign. I was on the through road. She sat and watched me coming. We made eye contact. When I got close she pulled out and stopped, completely blocking the road. I did a panic stop while she laughed. She took off and I turned and followed her ( boss was not on board). I chased her until she finally pulled over. I pulled up beside her and just stared. She looked frightened. I did not say a word, just shook my head at her and left.

Weekend before last Linda and I were in Banner Elk, NC following a truck on a two lane thru a business area. The guy in the truck turned right and an older woman in Jeep Cherokee was coming out of the business and I got a small glimpse of her moving before the truck completely blocked my view of her. I immediate went for the brakes and sure enough, she pulled right out in front of me. I hit the air horns and she then realized what was happening. She did go across the street into another business and I do believe I scared her.

I am just glad that I was paying attention or I would have T-boned her right in her door.

RandyA