IGNORED

Better safe

Black Owl

I am a prior Marine and would go there with just a knife track it and skin it alive.

After 20 yrs in Canada's infantry, its clear no KNIFE would be needed for such small prey. Thats why we have fingernails and teeth.

I am a prior Marine and would go there with just a knife track it and skin it alive.

After 20 yrs in Canada's infantry, its clear no KNIFE would be needed for such small prey. Thats why we have fingernails and teeth.

You guys crack me up, I'm just gonna shoot it, just remember, never underestimate your adversary

:whistling:

In all seriousness, it is a tragedy but one that possibly could have been avoided. If you ever see a mother and cubs go the other way fast, that is real life out there and will smack you into the reality of the world in a heartbeat

Around here recently, a woman was mauled to death by a black bear and within the same time period in another area of the province, a man was seriosuly injured when he was mauled by a Grizzly.

It seems that every year we hear more and more incidents of bear encounters. Even deer are getting aggressive as a woman was attacked by a doe a couple weeks ago in the interior.

IIRC, one of the great things left by President Bush is the ability to carry a gun in all National Parks. Might be a good idea to take advantage of that 2nd Amendment right.

That being said, if a grizzly is charging me, and I had a gun, and was able to kill it, I will still hope an extra pair of underwear was packed. I'm not too proud the be terrified by one of the most efficient and effective killers on the planet.

I would prefer to shoot it ------ with a camera (with a telephoto lense).

RR

than sorry.

Just in case anyone going to Cody in a couple of weeks but has been trapped under a rock for the past few days or does not listen to the national news.

http://www.charter.net/news/read.php?ps=1011&rip_id=%3CD9OAG2D00%40news.ap.org%3E&news_id=17094067&src=most_popular_viewed

Just stay alert while in Yellowstone.....

I hear they really like the smell of Chili and will travel for miles to find the source..... :whistling:

:cody

I hear they really like the smell of Chili

:doh: INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW:

• Did Owl just disclose his "secret" recipe for ingredients used in his Chili for the cookoff? :stickpoke:
  • Is Owl going to dress up as a bear - to "scare" everyone into voting for him at the cookoff?? :dancefool:

Stay tuned, folks - these answers and more will be revealed after the International Rally Chili Cookoff - for International braggin rights :rotf:

:doh: INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW: Is Owl going to dress up as a bear - to "scare" everyone into voting for him at the cookoff?? :dancefool:

Stay tuned, folks - these answers and more will be revealed after the International Rally Chili Cookoff - for International braggin rights :rotf:

Dress up??? My secret plan is to threaten to git neeked if the crowd don't convince the judges to vote for me.... And I know I can count on Squidly (yah right. Saw that work at Potato Creek) to help sway the judges.