IGNORED

Thanks to this forum, I have no wheels on my bike!

Rear wheel removal Gen 1

I need new tires for my bike.

After reading many threads today on the different procedures, I came up with a process that I thought would work well for me.

Basically I pulled the axle on the rear wheel, used a floor jack and removed the front wheel then finished removing the rear wheel.

Everything went according to plan. I think one of the best threads that I read told me to strap the center stand. Great idea!

Thanks to everyone that posts!!

Ray

http://www.raymondstacy.com/nowheels.jpg

Ya, I know what you mean. But also thanks to this forum, you can get opinions on the tires you are looking at, and then if needed, you can grease the splines and all the fingers in the rear wheel while you have this off. Then if you need help to get the wheels back on, well everyone is rooting for you.:cool10::thumbsup2::banana:

Notice that you have a real lawn machine sitting there,,, when you get fed up with let me know,,,, it'll be a long time before I'm fed up with mine.

And,,,,, have fun putting those wheels back on,,,, not really, but they do come off easier than they go back on,,,, just a little time and a little patience.

Notice that you have a real lawn machine sitting there,,, when you get fed up with let me know,,,, it'll be a long time before I'm fed up with mine.

Thats my second favorite toy!

So whatcha gonna put on there?? My choice is Dunlop E3's, they wear like iron...

I went with the Dunlops. They get put on the rims later this morning. The bike should be back together tonight.

:255: Phew?? i thought you took a ride through harlem.

It looks good. Wish i had a center stand:clap2:

I bought one from Ponch.You should check out his classified for the center stand add /or does he have an add there ? Maybe not, but he will build you everything and send the bolts. He/we put mine on at Freebirds MD. After getting the bike home and doing some mods of my own, it works wonderful. My side stand now passes the center stand and goes all the way up. As suggested by Ponch, I carry a 9 1/4 inch piece 2x4 in my hard bag. Just put the 2x4 under the front of rear tire (makes an almost impossible job of pulling the bike up, easy), pull the bike up onto it and then side stand down and pull down the center stand with the foot and pull bike forward. You can then remove the 2x4 and your rear wheel/tire is off the ground/blacktop. To raise the front wheel, just lift easy and place the 2x4 under the crash bar(this is why it is 9 1/4 inches long). You can even fix a flat on the side of the road with this set-up. I carry a Wall-Mart plug in type to power supply air compressor in my hard bags, and also a fix a flat plug kit. Check out some of the threads here, for the center stand.

Fuzzy

Edited by FuzzyRSTD
Shoot, I need to go back to school.

The bike went back together without issue.

It did take longer reassembling it. I replaced a lot of missing or incorrect hardware. I also did an oil/filter change.

I'm glad that I did it. I learned a lot about the bike and now its ready for Bongobob's.

Ray