IGNORED

The "Gall" of some people...

SilvrT

The scammers will try just about anything ... I can't believe the audacity of this email I got....

---------------------------------------------------------

TELUS WEBMASTER COMMUNICATIONS

Upgrade/Maintenance All webmail Accounts Holders

We regret to announce to you that we will be making some system maintenance on our TELUS.net Web mail account. During this process you might have login problems in signing into your TELUS.net Web mail account, but to prevent this you have to confirm your account immediately after you receive this notification.

To confirm and to keep your TELUS.net web mail active during and after this process, please reply to this message with the below Web mail account information. Failure to do this might cause a permanent deactivation of your Web mail account from our data base to enable us create more spaces for the 2011 session.

Send your Web mail account for confirmation stating:

*TELUS.net Login ID:

* Password:

* Date of Birth:

Your account shall remain active after you have successfully confirmed your account details. We thank you for your prompt attention to this notification.

Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect your Web mail account.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Powered by telus.net Copyright C 2011

My response....

:sign thanks but no

Normally I just deleted this garbage and go on about my business.

However, I occasionally get irritated enough that I actually do reply. I send them false information in the hopes that some jerk will waste a bunch of time sitting at his computer trying to login to a phony email account with false credentials. Just think.....if we all did that everytime we got one of these, the scammers would be so busy following up on phony information that they wouldn't have much time left for sending out new crap.

You should respond to such emails telling them you have forwarded their request to the FBI for further evaluation.:hurts: :whistling: :doh: :rotf:

The problem with this is it confirms to the scammers that the address is valid and being read. This information is in itself valuable as YOUR address can be added to a list of confirmed addresses, which can be sold to other scammers.

Advise regulatory agencies of scams, yeah sure. Respond to the sender in any way? Nope, unless you want to risk increasing the amount of junk you receive.

That one is actually funny Tell-us communications ROFLOL! That's better than my forgotten millions in any number of forign banks!

-JK

In fact, TELUS is our major telephone, internet, and television provider.