IGNORED

Lil emergency crisis here! Maybe some help with info.

Snaggletooth

Ok, I know we don't have a lot of members from the Norfok, NE area but maybe someone has better access to weather information than I do.

Weather channel says severe thunderstorms and high winds in that area tonight.

So here's my issue.

My daughter in working at a fireworks stand with friends in Norfolk, NE this weekend. We have been texting back forth over the weekend and staying in touch. She was supposed to be headed home this evening.

A while ago she sent a text that the wind was coming up real bad and hail was beating the hell out of the tent. She said people had talked about a tornado. The next text was the tent had gone down and everthing was gone.

That was the last text I got and no response since.

Anybody able to find any info on the situation there?

I'm packing up to head that way shorty if I don't hear from her soon but it's a couple hours ride up there in nasty weather. Like to know what I'm headed into.

The reason I'm asking here is I am deaf and not able to jump on the phone.

Thanks.

Mike

Hope this helps:

http://www.chasertv.com/watch/video-streams-in-imap/

The web site has live radar and video from storm chasers. From what I can see it looks like the storms have already passed through Norfolk and are now between Sioux City and Lincoln. If the link doesn't work let me know. When you get to the map just "double click" on the approximate area and it will zoom in. Click on any of the "cars" and it will show streaming video of what they see

Mike,

Sorry we aren't out that way to help.... Best thing is to call the local PD. Nothing good can come from you heading out in the mess. No tornado watch or anything right now. Please post back and let us know if everything is ok.

Frank

I was able to text one of her friends that was with her and they said that my daughter and her boyfriends mom had taken off to return to omaha shortly after that her last text.

Her boyfriend and one of his buddies had taken shelter in a store and the windows blew in and they both suffered some cuts.

So if she knows that and being with his mom there is no doubt in my mind they are both headed back into the mess.

And it does look like it is letting up in that area.

Going to be a long night.

That's just it. They already left Norfolk and headed towards Omaha. Just where they are is the question. They should have been at least to Fremont by now unless they turned around and went back. Nobody has seen them back at the location there yet. So if they are on the road they could be still in the middle of it.

But she knows to check in. And she's not. That is what bothers me.

If she's ok ..... I'm gonna kick her butt.

If she's ok ..... I'm gonna kick her butt.

No your not!!!!!

Your going to hug and kiss her and tell her much you love her......... and then you'll read her the riot act.

And yes I'll take bets on that.

I hope all is fine.

and then you'll read her the riot act.

Yeah, I know. She just turned 19 in March and I've raised her by myself since she was 8 months old. She's independent, head strong, stubborn, strong willed, and oh crap ....... she just like me!!

So being a PITA is apparently a hereditary thing. :bang head:

OK. The daughter and her boyfriends mom have been located safe and sound if not a bit more than a little damp and scared out of their minds. They holed up in a truck stop outside of Fremont, NE and were waiting to for the storm to let up so they could go BACK to Norfolk. Daughters cell was dead.

Convinved them to make their way back to Omaha and wait it out until morning.

So that made for an exciting night.

Thanks guys.

Mike

Charger is a good idea......huh DAD! :whistling:

She had hers with her. It was in her bag. Kids eh?

Everybody was ok except her boyfriend. Took 16 stitches to his back and shoulder to sew him up where the glass blew in on him. He had just made it inside the door of the store when the window let loose. Lucky kid.

All I can say is I'm a firm beliver in Frogg Toggs now and my full face. Maybe a couple more coats of Mink Oil for my boots though.

I'm staying indoors for a few days. Last night was enough storm chasing for a while.

Mike

I lost contact with my daughter 11 years ago while she was driving back from college (Greeneville, NC) to our home in Wilmington, NC. She told me she was leaving and wanted to get home since there were hurricane warnings along the line from Charleston, SC to Elizabeth City, NC. I kept calling, etc. My wife and I were absolutely bonkers from worry until she drove up to the house. Yes, she got hugs, kisses, and more to them. Then I jumped on her about why I gave her a cell phone and she wouldn't answer it.

Very politely she told me that she was only to use the phone for emergencies (my orders) and she did not have and emergency. That was when cell phones were expensive.

God I love her, and she taught me well.

:farmer:

Ain't it a Witch when then do exactly what you tell them to.

Dang little smarty arses. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Glad every one was all right then and now.

My kids are in their 30's and I keep telling them we worry about them and always will no matter how old they get.

Some day they will finaly understand and experience it on their own.

Then they can worry about me chasing the nurse down the hall of the old folks home.

What do you do with them when you catch them...again?

Edited by Bubber

Ain't that the truth, Bubber. We had our fortieth wedding anniversary yesterday and my daughter commented on my lack of remembering things. I told her "it won't be long and I won't remember you, so you better visit more often so I can keep your face in my mind."

:farmer:

Ain't it a Witch when then do exactly what you tell them to.

Dang little smarty arses. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Glad every one was all right then and now.

My kids are in their 30's and I keep telling them we worry about them and always will no matter how old they get.

Some day they will finaly understand and experience it on their own.

Then they can worry about me chasing the nurse down the hall of the old folks home.

What do you do with them when you them...again?