IGNORED

Just thinkin'

Orrin

I was just sittin' here reading what some others had posted regarding the way people look, young versus old, and aliens versus those who have been here a while. It seams to me that we have been dealing with those problems since this country was first settled at Jamestown, VA.

The older generation has always been inventing new stuff that made life both better and and more difficult for the younger generation. We often did'nt like the way they looked or dressed, hell we didn't even like the music they listened too. Now some of it has become classic. My dad (now gone) could not stand men with long hair or mustaches, now it is the fashion. Well, things change and we have to change with them and learn.

When we came back from Viet Nam, we were not welcomed home and were harassed. Now when the troups come home they are heroes, and they are. But we are not taking care of them, just like before.

We see, kids with spikey hair, illegal immigrants, different religions that we have known about but never met their believers before. A black man running for president, that is credible candidate.

Wow, things are changing and staying they same all the time. These people and things I mentioned earlier are our furture and we should embrace it. We don't know where it will go, but go it must. Ain't it wonderful.

Please think about the people I mentioned earlier, it is not what they look like, or where they came from that is important; it is what they will do with their lives that will be important. It is our responsibility to help them develope in their own way that is important. We must open our hearts and minds and accept them and their ideas. As I am sure our parents and grand parents accepted us. See these changes as opportunity.

I am not sure what caused me to write this. I hope after you have read it, you will think too. Maybe it is just because tomorrow is kind of a big and anxious day for me. After I get home late tomorrow it will be interesting to see what some of you have to say. I hope I did not ramble too much.

Guest KitCarson

Thinkin!!! That is everyones achilles' heel!! I could get really into this one! But that seems to be the problem lately.

Kit for one......will never again on this site ever get sucked into this kind of thing. Most of these subjects are just too inflamatory for us to discuss them. If it does not concern the bikes......or a meet and eat.......or something directly connected with bikes......safety........or just good fun, most of this stuff has no business being posted or discussed on this site. We are too diverse a group, opinionated, and have strong feelings for our country and our freedoms and rights.

So this kind of stuff , has no business on the site. Government, guns.....religion in any means other than well meant prayers and concern for another, yes thinkin gets us all into trouble.........besides it may stunt your brain!!

Respectfully Kit

Orrin, maybe it's a little bit of Christmas coming out. Tolerance is a good thing. Understanding that how we feel today is how our parents felt back then makes all the difference. I don't like a lot of these kids music today, but my parents didn't like mine either. My dad hated iron Butterfly and Cheech and Chong. I liked Iron Butterfly and thot Cheech and Chong was funny. I liked flairs and hip huggers and paisley shirts too. Kids today would just laugh. Good post.

Steve

Orrin,

I think your post was from the heart and you said it well. Now, I don't agree with every single thing that you said but guess what, that's OK. :) It doesn't make you wrong and me right or vice versa. It does show that you are a good person with a good heart. I'm not going to get into what parts I agree with and those that I don't, that would turn this into a debate. I'm glad that you are one of us and hope to meet you some day.

Thinkin!!! That is everyones achilles' heel!! I could get really into this one! But that seems to be the problem lately.

Kit for one......will never again on this site ever get sucked into this kind of thing. Most of these subjects are just too inflamatory for us to discuss them. If it does not concern the bikes......or a meet and eat.......or something directly connected with bikes......safety........or just good fun, most of this stuff has no business being posted or discussed on this site. We are too diverse a group, opinionated, and have strong feelings for our country and our freedoms and rights.

So this kind of stuff , has no business on the site. Government, guns.....religion in any means other than well meant prayers and concern for another, yes thinkin gets us all into trouble.........besides it may stunt your brain!!

Respectfully Kit

My sentiments exactly. Tis our very nature of being Riders that we are independent and outspoken as well.....and being outspoken has landed me in a briar patch more than once.

I fondly remember the sage advice given to me by a salty old Master Chief years ago....."Put brakes on that mouth of yours son because life will throw a lot of twisty turns at you and you will need those brakes."

Nuff said..........Regards....Boomer

ps: Don thanks so much for what you have done with this Site. I consider this to be YOUR home and will do my best to be a gracious guest at all times.

Good thinkin.:thumbsup2: It's a short time we are here on this earth and seems that way to much of it can be spent in a bad mood. You can't please everyone so you might as well please yourself. Hey, I think there is a song with that saying in it! Not exactly but close to it. My dad used to tell me when things get bad and your down. That you might not understand it now but everything happens for a reason and later on in life you'll look back and understand why. By the way, good luck on your surgury also. Remember, good thoughts and laugh everyday.:D

Being tolerant does not mean that we have to change or relinquish our own beliefs, I am just asking that we respect others as we respect ourselves.

This post is not ment to imnlame or start something, it is only a request to share bikes andd good fellowship.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Thanks for your heart-felt thinkin' Orrin.

I'm an ex-soldier, but I don't believe in war.

My best friend was murdered by a dirty cop, but I respect the job police have to do.

I'm a gun owner, but I'm afraid of an armed society.

I'm an atheist, but I thank God for every beautiful sunset.

I value all life, but wouldn't hesitate to kill to protect my family.

And even though I know it's stupid, I can't stop watching shows like COPS.

Life is complex.

That's why I ride.

And that's why I appreciate your open heart and your open mind. We may not all agree with each other, but as long as we can respect each other, then we might just make it on this troubled planet.

P.O.E.

trond

"We can bomb the world to pieces,

But we can't bomb the world to peace."

M. Franti

Tonight it is making me feel really good to read these well thought out responses. I don't think I would have posted it except I had to speak before it was toio late and I might not be able to. As many of you know I wrecked my bike back on Oct 5th and suffered some broken ribs and a busted collar bone. Today I had surgery to repair the collar bone and it went well. Must have been all of the postive Karma this fine group of people generate. Now I am finally on the mend.

:cool10:

Respectfully Kit

Ditto for me. Youtube might be a good venue for these topics.

Tonight it is making me feel really good to read these well thought out responses. I don't think I would have posted it except I had to speak before it was toio late and I might not be able to. As many of you know I wrecked my bike back on Oct 5th and suffered some broken ribs and a busted collar bone. Today I had surgery to repair the collar bone and it went well. Must have been all of the postive Karma this fine group of people generate. Now I am finally on the mend.

:cool10:

Orrin I want to wish you a speedy recovery. I hope to meet you some day.