IGNORED

Cody-Beartooth Report

Condor

I've been wondering lately on what the road conditions over Beartooth Pass would be like for the Rally in Cody. With all the weather they've been getting, and BT always being dicey, I thought it still might be snowed in. Not so. The highway is actually open thanks the the various agencies responsible for road up keep. It might be a tad cold and it would be a good idea to bring your cold weather gear. It even got a little nippy on top in '09.

Here's the site for up-to-date reports. BEERTOOTH Looks like it'll dry out by late July. :thumbsup2:

:cody

The cold up top does not last long, unless you stop up there. A hoody under your leather and chaps is usually all you need if it's cold up top. I've been up there in cold, snow, WIND, rain and 80 degree heat, ya just never know. Regardless of the weather it's an awesome ride.

Try and fit in Wind River Canyon between Riverton and Thermopolis, Wy. It's a beautiful ride and very close to Cody.

The cold up top does not last long, unless you stop up there. A hoody under your leather and chaps is usually all you need if it's cold up top. I've been up there in cold, snow, WIND, rain and 80 degree heat, ya just never know. Regardless of the weather it's an awesome ride.

Try and fit in Wind River Canyon between Riverton and Thermopolis, Wy. It's a beautiful ride and very close to Cody.

Yep, but youre from Michigan which is a bit cool at times.... and Condor is from Sacramento and he has to put his woollies on when the temp goes down to 68F........:stickpoke::rotf:

Brian

Yep, but youre from Michigan which is a bit cool at times.... and Condor is from Sacramento and he has to put his woollies on when the temp goes down to 68F........:stickpoke::rotf:

Brian

Whazat?? 68f...?? Hey I'm good down to 50.. :) :snow2: My ridin' rules are between 50 and 80 and dry.... :whistling: Left my vents open on the skid lid the last time we went over BearTooth and it was 35f at the top. I dang near froze the tops of my ears off. Couldn't figure out why they hurt so much until the pain started to go away when it warmed up in Red Lodge..

:cody

One of my friends just got back, Monday, after a ten day ride from Michigan to Yellowstone and back. Last Wednesday June 8 they attempted to ride the Beartooth and it was CLOSED. He said the first four days were great. Sunshine, warm weather, little traffic, and Unicorns grazing happily at the side of the road.

The rest of the trip was cold (lowest temp they saw was 38*) rain and fog. It was fun getting his daily phone ride reports. It started out "Man, you are really missing out on a great trip" and as the week went on it turned into "You are so lucky you are NOT on this trip".

Some times a bad day on the bike, isn't better than a good day at work......:big-grin-emoticon:

And just to wet some chops, great video which has been around!!

Yep, the views are breath taking, and after July a lot of members are going to be able to say 'Been there... Done that'.... Truly a bucket list ride. :thumbsup2: