IGNORED

Brantford Ride Night

Marcarl

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Severe thunderstorms possibly spawning tornadoes forecast for all Southern Ontario this evening but I'll keep an eye on this thread and if the weather is good next Wed I'll try to catch up with you peops

Steve

Sure glad we didn't ride last week,,, got just a little wet at times and breezy enough to blow the windshield off.

Is that because the 1st gen is so fast....or an age thing? Maybe you should get the 2nd gen you posted about!

Going with the wind wouldn't have been too bad, except for getting a little wet,,, but going against the wind, now that would have been a different story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Would be nice to get together for a ride but its dark before 8pm and cools down pretty quick in the evening. Nicer riding when you can see the countryside.

A weekend ride might be better at this time of the year.

Just checked two weather sites for this weekend and it is looking pretty good. I would definitly be up for a ride. My personal preference would be to take a backroads ride in the direction of Algonquin Park.

Just checked two weather sites for this weekend and it is looking pretty good. I would definitly be up for a ride. My personal preference would be to take a backroads ride in the direction of Algonquin Park.

Now you got my appetite up,,,, when, where and what time,,, I'm ready!!!!!

As far as Wed are concerned,,, it's still bike night, but riding time is getting somewhat short,,, now if I was riding something different, I would only have to make it to the nearest 'Timmies',, but real riding??? in the dark???? naahhh,,, but Saturdays is good I think,, most times!

We would be up for a ride on Monday (the holiday). Gonna be away Friday and Saturday then kids are coming for Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. Monday is OPEN... Weather is looking GREAT!!

Also be up for a ride on the 15th if the weather holds out that long....

Now you got my appetite up,,,, when, where and what time,,, I'm ready!!!!!

As far as Wed are concerned,,, it's still bike night, but riding time is getting somewhat short,,, now if I was riding something different, I would only have to make it to the nearest 'Timmies',, but real riding??? in the dark???? naahhh,,, but Saturdays is good I think,, most times!

I was thinking saturday with monday as a possible backup plan or a even a second ride ...maybe

I was thinking saturday with monday as a possible backup plan or a even a second ride ...maybe

We're headed out on Monday,,,, somewhere???? Marca says its' time to ride, so Saturday would make an excellent practice day,,, just to get ready so to speak,,,,, where and when?

We're headed out on Monday,,,, somewhere???? Marca says its' time to ride, so Saturday would make an excellent practice day,,, just to get ready so to speak,,,,, where and when?

My heart is still set on doing the Muskoka ride on Sat ( and I suspect the boss may suddenly come up with other plans since it will be her day off). I am afraid If I leave it until Monday something might come up and I would end up missing the boat altogether and going by what Evan just reported the leaves are dropping fast up that way. So anyone interested could either meet up at my place or somewhere on route. I am currantly not sure of which is the best route but I plan on avoiding major highways if possible and try to grab the more scenic route. As far as that goes suggested routes are more than welcome, Since it has been many years since I have been up that way.

Edited by saddlebum

Carl have not been on Southwood this year, as it was getting bad last year, to many gravel patches across the whole section of road.

Ben the route I take is normally around 800 km and takes about 11 hours and includes the 400 series hwy

Brad

Playing around with maps This is sort of what I came up with. It seems interesting enough but I haven't been up these roads in years, therefore I am still open to suggestions. I prefer to avoid using the 400 series hwy's unless I have to. Largely because for me they tend to make me think of work too much. crazy as it may sound. The only thing that has become a definite came about with my wifes kind assistance "IF YOUR GONNA BE GONE ALL DAY IT BETTER BE SAT". She works saturday's. sunday is big familly dinner. Mon is, well what can I say she wants us to spend time together. Which if I am lucky could include another ride but it would be a shorter one.

Oh and I beleive I my have managed to get friday off so I can get up early saturday.

Edited by saddlebum

Carl have not been on Southwood this year, as it was getting bad last year, to many gravel patches across the whole section of road.

Ben the route I take is normally around 800 km and takes about 11 hours and includes the 400 series hwy

Brad

Shows how much you know about Carl. Rode Southwood in June and yes it was all tore up and they were doing a tar and chip thing. But this is Oct and all that should be done by now, could be a good time to find out.