IGNORED

Longest Non-Stop Ride on Record

Bobby G

I forgot to add, the local ABATE district # 14 has a "Iron Butt" ride every June for the past 14 or 15 years. "Around the state of Iowa 1000 miles in 24 hours or less to get the patch."

Most all the roads are two lane till the west edge then it is # 29 interstate. They run,,,,,,,, fast and hard on this ride, some of the small town local LEO's know when they are coming through now and just sit there with their lights on while the group fly through their town,,,,,,"well" above the speed limit!

Bryan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who like long distance there are a couple of real interesting books out. I forget the guys names but the books are "Long way round" and "Long way down". They circled the globe then rode from northern Scotland to Cape of good hope Africa.

For those who like long distance there are a couple of real interesting books out. I forget the guys names but the books are "Long way round" and "Long way down". They circled the globe then rode from northern Scotland to Cape of good hope Africa.

They were BBC mini series and are on DVD. Very interesting. I got the boxed set that also includes the Race to Dakkar (or some such), which was frightening to behold.

Dave

Wife got me the "Long Way Round" for Xmas. It's on two dvds and is outstanding. Would recommend it to any biker.

It realy ain't that tough. my advice is go to the IBA web site and read the 29 tips and follow them. Sitting in the seat and turnin the grip will get it done but reading and following the advice of the "LD Gods" will make it easier and much more enjoyable. Welcome to the Madness. I got my Bun burnrer gold maped out and on the calender already.:7_6_3[1]:http://www.ironbutt.com/tech/aowprintout.cfm

Herb; Thanks for the advise I will look it up.

Mike

When my Venture was just a few months old and still felt terribly heavy I rode from Eldon to Empire CO, 800 miles in 14 hours at the end of July. Mid 90s. I wanted to camp in the mountains. Got off the bike and I felt like I was drunk for about a half hour until I got rehydrated and had a snack. Rode 2500 miles in 5 days and the bike has never felt heavy again.

And you walked 5 miles to school everyday, uphill, both ways. :stickpoke:

Nope.... I rode the bus. One room school house was about a mile away. Took 15mins to get there. Since I can't remember if it was east or west of the house, I guess I only traveled about 260 miles..... :big-grin-emoticon:

Sp far. for me it was 1036 miles in 21 hours .. March this year.

Planning a 2000 miles in 48 hours this summer, and probably about 1100 miles in 30 hours on a Fall Rally.

The first on a 1977 Yamaha Triple, the others will be on my '86 VR which is now on the road and did a flawless 120 miles this morning.

Edited by twigg

When leaving the first Vogel I went straight home (except for getting lost going through Knoxville, TN) 846 miles in something under 14 hours and the temps were around 95-100 deg. Drank 4 or 5 bottles of the Gatorade and never went to the bathroom once. Not good.

Couple of years later I went to New Hampshire for a meet with Pyro then rode to Vogel down the Blue Ridge Mountains, rode around there for a week or so and came home. Gone two weeks rode about 4,980 miles. Someone said I should have rode in circles to get an even 5,000, no no, time to get off that thing.:confused24:

Rode out to Cinderella's in Kansas City for breakfast one time also. 500 miles each way and we probably put on another 3 or 400 miles out there.

I've done several 800 mile days in my life but I'm getting to old for that crap.:rotfl:

BOO

One of the cycle magazine guys did ride from San Diego to Jacksonville on a modified 175 Yamaha. They put a different slide in carb and different sprockets. Had a top speed of about 45 MPH. They had about six or eight gallon tank made.Seems like they got over 300MPG. I think it was done in the '80. Rider said he would never do it again.

tew47

Just finished an ironbutt ride last week. Started from Jefferson Iowa to Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Then to New orleans. Pensecola, Florida to kentucky. Rode around there a bit then back to iowa. Total driving time 6 days and 3200 miles. Next year it'll be around the Great lakes and eastern seaboard.

Just finished an ironbutt ride last week. Started from Jefferson Iowa to Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Then to New orleans. Pensecola, Florida to kentucky. Rode around there a bit then back to iowa. Total driving time 6 days and 3200 miles. Next year it'll be around the Great lakes and eastern seaboard.

Sounds like a great trip.

Which Certified Ride/Rides did it cover?

My wife and I did 1325 straight through from Pigeon Forge to Fort Worth in December a couple of years ago - I think it took us about 26 hours riding two-up. And Ponch and I "accidentally" rode about 1200 straight through coming home from Don's maintenance day last year!

Goose

I started this very interesting thread by noting that I did 14 hours and 600+ miles in one sitting, and it about did me in. Personally speaking, after reading some of your posts and the rides that some of you have done, I think y'all are NUTS! :Venture:

:rotf:

I started this very interesting thread by noting that I did 14 hours and 600+ miles in one sitting, and it about did me in. Personally speaking, after reading some of your posts and the rides that some of you have done, I think y'all are NUTS!

:rotf:

:sign yeah that::rotf::rotf::rotf::sign20:

So far two riders on a western trip from Ky to rockies and back 4500 miles in 12 days. One day trip was Durango, Co to Azrec, NM to Taos, NM to Trinadad, Co to Dodge City KS in about 15 hours total of 650+ miles, with no interstate riding. This was right in the middle tof the trip.:confused24:

Not a record, but personal best. 2750km (1750 mls)in two days. Parksville BC, Tofino BC back through to Nanimo cross the Ferry (2hrs) cross all the Rockies, back to the Winnipeg area, and staying off the Transcanada (That was the challenging part). Don't think I'll do that one for awhile!