IGNORED

OUTLOOK Problem

Condor

Lone Eagle and I have had this email problem for several months now and haven't been able to figure out what causes it. I can send or forward emails to Vic, and he receives them just fine, but when he tries to reply using OUTLOOK..not Outlook Express.. the reply disappears into cyber space. He can go to his ISP email account and send me a copy email and I get it.. no problem. So it seems to be a problem somewhere between his local OUTLOOK program and his ISP, and it's a PITA. BTW all other email addresses go through fine. Does anyone know what might cause this?? I thought I might be on the 'bad guy' list, but he's checked that out, and I'm not. I use Outlook Express, and don't have a clue about Outlook controlls.

Lone Eagle and I have had this email problem for several months now and haven't been able to figure out what causes it. I can send or forward emails to Vic, and he receives them just fine, but when he tries to reply using OUTLOOK..not Outlook Express.. the reply disappears into cyber space. He can go to his ISP email account and send me a copy email and I get it.. no problem. So it seems to be a problem somewhere between his local OUTLOOK program and his ISP, and it's a PITA. BTW all other email addresses go through fine. Does anyone know what might cause this?? I thought I might be on the 'bad guy' list, but he's checked that out, and I'm not. I use Outlook Express, and don't have a clue about Outlook controlls.

Go into your own Outlook and double-check your return address and ensure it is spelled correct and that it is the same email address that your Outlook is receiving from.

Also, when Vic does reply, does it appear into his Sent box?

Send me an email from the same Outlook before you do anything so I can look at your return address. My email is rlyerex at telus dot net.

Go into your own Outlook and double-check your return address and ensure it is spelled correct and that it is the same email address that your Outlook is receiving from.

Also, when Vic does reply, does it appear into his Sent box?

Send me an email from the same Outlook before you do anything so I can look at your return address. My email is rlyerex at telus dot net.

I thought of that and did a lot of stuff like having Vic delete my address out of his book and then re-enter it. All 4 of them..... None of them worked except when using his ISP mailer. It's in his program somewhere.

AND I don't know what release he has??

Maybe he'll chime in here???

I thought of that and did a lot of stuff like having Vic delete my address out of his book and then re-enter it. All 4 of them..... None of them worked except when using his ISP mailer. It's in his program somewhere.

AND I don't know what release he has??

Maybe he'll chime in here???

So, is it only happening when he REPLYs to your email or does it also happen when he just creates a new email to you??

Have him check his Rules to see if there is a Rule that is preventing it.

Does it go to his outbox, and just sit there? Does it show up in his 'Sent' folder?

Ex

It just disappears somewhere between his computor and his ISP. He's contacted his ISP and they say they see nothing wrong. That's why I think it's in his OUTLOOK programing. I initially thought it might be me except I receive his ISP email.

It just disappears somewhere between his computor and his ISP. He's contacted his ISP and they say they see nothing wrong. That's why I think it's in his OUTLOOK programing. I initially thought it might be me except I receive his ISP email.

ISP's tend to jack a person around (no pun intended). I've had many battles with several ISP's over the years and in most cases, it has turned out to be their fault.

However, do this test... have Vic send you an email and if it goes into nowhereland, call the ISP and see if they have a record of it.... or have you done that already??

This is very strange ... something is missing here and I'm not talking about the email LOL.

Without specific info I would say the setup of Outlook is incorrect. Here is a link that will take you through the setup for each version of Outlook. Hope this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287532

That's a thought but since Vic doesn't have any problems with any body else's email addy, then I doubt his Outlook setup is incorrect. Either something in Outlook is stopping email to Condor's addy or something on Vic's computer is such as, Virus scanner, spam blocker, firewall, etc, etc

That's a thought but since Vic doesn't have any problems with any body else's email addy, then I doubt his Outlook setup is incorrect. Either something in Outlook is stopping email to Condor's addy or something on Vic's computer is such as, Virus scanner, spam blocker, firewall, etc, etc

I don't think it's the firewall/virus checker or my email wouldn't be getting to the inbox???

My guess is a problem with the outgoing port settings or email security settings. It does seem odd if it's only emails to you. My solution for things like this is GMAIL... I even have gmail handling all my work emails. Love the setup, love the options, love the price.

Frank

I had similar problems a few months ago when my ISP changed over from using their own servers to having all the mail functions handled through Gmail. My email address is still the same as it always was but the mail goes through Gmail servers and this arrangment of using Gmail as a handler has some quirks of it's own and does require some setup of it's own separate from Outlook (which I also use). It's Gmail, but its not. (don't ask) If this sort of change hasn't taken place recently, then I don't know what to tell you except what everyone else has. Triple check everything!

The one think I left off (on purpose) because it's a complete and total "put me out of my misery" experience is setting this stuff up on an Ipad if you DON'T happen to want your mail all web based. But let's deal with one thing at a time!

Outlook is a royal PITA at times.

The simplest procedure when you have a specific contact issue is to delete the contact info in the contacts folder all together and then reenter the contact data in a new record taking special care to get all the characters correct.

Outlook has the self completing capability which saves the previous data in a hidden file for ease of input in subsequent events, but that specific hidden data does not always change when trying to correct a data issue. After re-entering the new contact info, DO NOT use the self completing entry until the self completing file is purged of the old data.

Best thing to do is turn that feature OFF.

Hope that helps.

Outlook is a royal PITA at times.

The simplest procedure when you have a specific contact issue is to delete the contact info in the contacts folder all together and then reenter the contact data in a new record taking special care to get all the characters correct.

Outlook has the self completing capability which saves the previous data in a hidden file for ease of input in subsequent events, but that specific hidden data does not always change when trying to correct a data issue. After re-entering the new contact info, DO NOT use the self completing entry until the self completing file is purged of the old data.

Best thing to do is turn that feature OFF.

Hope that helps.

That hidden file may be it?? I did have Vic delete my address from his book and then re-enter it using the right click>add to book feature off one of my incoming. He may have typed the address in manually but not sure. Outlook Express has the same auto complete feature. Any idea where the file is located??