IGNORED

WoooooooooHooooooooo!!! I finally got it!

Iowawegian

I am sooooooooooooo excited!!!!:dancefool: I'll try and make this short....our oldest son bought a 2004 1100 V Star Classic about 5 years ago. I've always told him, if he ever wants to sell that bike that I wanted first crack at it......Well, I finally got my chance. He was at the dealers buying a new bike and I got the call! I had 5 minutes to make up my mind!

I ride an 1100 Virago that I just love. I was worried I might not be able to handle the V Star with it being so much heavier....anyway...he brought it home to me Sunday and I put 65 miles on it. The hubby followed me the with Venture....and so far so good. It's going to take me a while to get used to the width of the bike, wider handlebars, floor boards and the braking, but I think I'll be able to do it!!!

I will never sell my Virago because she has been the best bike I could have ever had, but I'm so tickled to get the VStar!!

The only thing I want to add is a windshield. Called J & P cycle...shield was $157.00 but I about fell over that the quick disconnect mounting hardware was $147.00 in addition!!!!

I didn't order it because I was in sticker shock. Anyone know where I can find it cheaper?

I tried uploading a pix of it but I'm getting the message upload failed! Don't know what I'm doing wrong....Can anyone help me out?

You will quickly learn to love it. Marilyn has gone exactly the route you are now going. She started with a 1000 Virago and moved up to the 1100 vstar. She liked her virago but loves her vstar! And she is not much taller than smurf but handles that thing very well.

Congrats...they are a sharp bike.

I ride an 1100 Virago that I just love. I will never sell my Virago because she has been the best bike I could have ever had, but I'm so tickled to get the VStar!!

QUOTE]

You sell your Virago and I will never read your posts again:whistling:

My first bike was a 1998 Virago 1100 and even though I really like my Royal Star then I still miss not having the Virago. What a fun and great bike to ride. Wish I still had it - know the guy who owns it and will squeeze it out of him if he ever decides to sell it :)

Congrats on your new ride. Know you will enjoy it :080402gudl_prv: and ride safely.

Kindest regards,

Jonas / StarFan

jcwhitney.com will have a better price on a windshield for you. they have a retail store in Peru Illinois that we go to often. mike

enjoy the new ride and hold on to the old one, thats how we ended up with so many in the garage.

mike

I tried uploading a pix of it but I'm getting the message upload failed! Don't know what I'm doing wrong....Can anyone help me out?

The size is limited for uploading different type files.

You may need to reduce the file size of the photos.:080402gudl_prv:

i have a number the same as the one in the profile to reach deb and gary, and it's no longer any good??

hey deb! i have a memphis shade shield, oil filter relocation kit, and performance ignition modual in the garage that came off that same year and model bike in 2005.

a bit dusty but i think i can find them?? give me a call.

are we gonna do Wisconsin again this year??

mike/cherie

Deb

I would at least get the memphis shade and oil filter relocation kit. Marilyns bike has both and the relocation kit probably is the best thing I got for her. Oil and filter changes are a snap and the kit takes the same filter as our RSV (at least the walmart one).

Thanks to one of the members here I figured out how to resize the pix....Thank you so much!!

Also, Mike, I edited my phone number so the correct one is now there! Can you give me a jingle when it works for you? Like to visit with you about the memphis shade and also the oil filter mod.

Thanks

Deb