IGNORED

Don't mean to complain but.....

dmoff1698

I received my renewal notice email on the 14th of this month (six days ago). Been on the run for the last few days and haven't had a chance to renew or return to the site.

So tonight I tried to check in and had a red banner across the top saying that my trial membership would expire in 1123 days.:confused24: Also noticed that my welcome box said my Private Message box was full. :think:

Even though that little box at the bottom of the page said I could reply, edit and post, when I tried to post something I got the screen that I didn't have the proper permissions to perform this action.:bang head:

OK I get the hint...Logged out and sent in my dues. Now all is right with the world.:dancefool:

My only thought is "less than Six Days and you're shut off? And for a returning 4 year membership? Geese, new members get more slack than that.:doh:

Its probably in one of Don's programs. He does pretty good for an amateur but by no means is he a professional programmer. He'll figure it out though. Gotta remember he does this sites programming all himself. We expect a few snafus every now and then:whistling::rotf:.

No need to get miffed or something like that. You most likely got the Message to renew some three Weeks ago or longer than that. Within a Computer, there allways has to be dead Line set. When you go past the Dead Line, the Machine will cut you off. Period. Regardless of the Member. Even Don himself would been cut off !!:rotf::rotf:Renewing Process takes around two Minutes when using Paypal.

It wouldn't been nice if the programing would have dumped your Profile and everything else, but i believe Don would never do that. At least not in such short Period of Time.

I will take a look at this. The problem is, the subscription code is programmed in by default. I'm sure that I can modify the code to add more time to the email notification but I'm trying to keep hard code changes to a minimum. Every time I have to upgrade the software here, all those changes are set back to default and I have to go through all the code and re-program all the changes that I had made. It takes a lot of time and I usually end up forgetting about some of them until it is mentioned again.

No need to get miffed or something like that. You most likely got the Message to renew some three Weeks ago or longer than that. Within a Computer, there allways has to be dead Line set. When you go past the Dead Line, the Machine will cut you off. Period. Regardless of the Member. Even Don himself would been cut off !!:rotf::rotf:Renewing Process takes around two Minutes when using Paypal.

It wouldn't been nice if the programing would have dumped your Profile and everything else, but i believe Don would never do that. At least not in such short Period of Time.

My experience echoes dmoff1698's. I got the notice less than a week before the deadline (4/14, and it expired 4/18). I checked when that would be, and put it off for a few extra days to let my mad money account recharge. I forgot to renew before I left for the weekend, and suffered the consequences when I got back. No big deal, but it really was a short fuse.

Dave

I think a 2 week notification would be good. I know I was just away on a 8 day trip and stumbled upon a internet connection after 5 days gone. I could have been in the same situation, but as it has been told before you can renue at any time even months before if you like. Ill try to monitor my renewal date.

I can easily change the time that the notification goes out. It is just at the default value now. Like I said, the only issue will be me remembering to do it each time when I upgrade the software, I may forget.

So, what do most of you want? Two weeks, 30 days ?

I can easily change the time that the notification goes out. It is just at the default value now. Like I said, the only issue will be me remembering to do it each time when I upgrade the software, I may forget.

30 days is my recommendation ... for what it's worth :rotf:

If you add it as a "task" of things to do after an upgrade.....

Customized so that each member can have the choice setup down to the second. :witch_brew::witch_brew:

Seriously, if the default is more than 1 week, I would say just let it go at whatever the default is. No sense in causing yourself MORE work, eh?

Customized so that each member can have the choice setup down to the second. :witch_brew::witch_brew:

Seriously, if the default is more than 1 week, I would say just let it go at whatever the default is. No sense in causing yourself MORE work, eh?

What LilBeaver said.

Can´t see what is causing the frustration here. You have limited access when you haven´t paid the dues and it takes a person three minutes to pay. The time factor can´t be the issue here. The princip of not being locked out ? A small price to pay to save Don some work in my eyes.

Just my humble opinion :whistling:

I was not that concerned that I was shut off because, as was said, renewal is a snap and there never was a question whether to renew or not.

I was just supprised at how quick it happened. I also wanted you to know that the red banner at the top said I had 1123 days to renew and the Privledges box at the bottom still showed that I had full privledges when in fact I did not.

Since I started this I should probably post my preference for the time delay. I would say set the same as a "trial membership".

More likely, will forget, like the post counts after upgrades..... :duck:

I think two weeks would be sufficient, 30 days and you'll tend to put it off and forget it. JMO

C.R.

2 weeks, sounds good to me as well. :2cents:

As an alternate approach, does the emailed text get reset as well? I don't mind having a 4 day notice, but it would be nice to know that it is short. Is it possible to have the text say,

This is a notice that your membership will lapse in 3 days...

(an extra grace day). If you set the text, will it stick after upgrades? Then your work is over, and the goal of setting a fire under the member is accomplished.

Dave

I am thinking of doing some sort of renewal thing with some of my church members. I haven't seen them since last Christmas! It will be good to see them this Sunday!!

Mark, maybe you need to back off on those jokes we've been feeding you ... :no-no-no:

:D

I was not that concerned that I was shut off because, as was said, renewal is a snap and there never was a question whether to renew or not.

I was just supprised at how quick it happened. I also wanted you to know that the red banner at the top said I had 1123 days to renew and the Privledges box at the bottom still showed that I had full privledges when in fact I did not.

Since I started this I should probably post my preference for the time delay. I would say set the same as a "trial membership".

The trial membership is a one time thing and is for 60 days. Are you saying that you want to be notified 60 days ahead of time that your subscription is going to expire? I think that many would forget about it if it is that far ahead.

The trial membership is a one time thing and is for 60 days. Are you saying that you want to be notified 60 days ahead of time that your subscription is going to expire? I think that many would forget about it if it is that far ahead.

what about a red banner that appears and stays in your view to remind you of an upcomming renewal date ?:confused24:

WHY NOT JUST ADD A RENEWAL DATE NEXT TO YOUR SCREEN NAME AT THE TOP RIGHT SIDE OF YOUR PAGE...THEN EVERYTIME YOU ARE ON IT IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.. ooooops sorry about the caps :bowdown: I have to look up when I type.......... Actually why go thru all that bother...Its fine the way it is..........:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf::fnd_(16):