IGNORED

A game of.....What the heck is that?

Snaggletooth

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a bracket to be used on either 1st or 2nd gen to mount the flat antenna that you get for the xm or sirius radio. It look to be the same shape of the flat antenna. :confused24::confused24::fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo Did I win?

I was gonna say that except usually the antenna is magnetic mount so why make it out of plastic???

That magnet just doesn't seem strong enough to me. I tried it and was constantly having to scoot the antenna back into place every few miles. It also has screw holes in the bottom and the mounts are drilled for the holes. What good is the magnet if you need to screw it down also.

I'm not sure but I suspect that the magnet is there for if and when you use the unit in your car so that you can stick it to the roof but the screws are there for when you use it on your bike. Although, when I have mine in the car, I just lay it on the dash and it works fine.

I hate to admit it ..... but BradT hit on what started this whole project. I had cracks and missing pieces on the tops of the fairing panels that drove me nuts. Repaired....but still had to look at them. I ended up making a set of eyebrows, or shades to cover the tops. Looked better.

But sorry Brad......No cigar on this one.

It evolved way past a coverup for cracks.

Obviously it is a bracket to hold all the that cracked plastic from falling off. :stirthepot:

Brad

All this build up to this?

Your gonna have to do better Mike.

What does it do, how much are they gonna cost us, where are the drawings. What colors are available??

Don't make me come out there !!

Gary

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/gdingy101/wtf.jpg

Jointventure brushed on the camera idea but as the camera won't be on when the bike is parked there will not be any pics of a 2nd gen blowing by me. However....it will be recording the ones I pass.

It evolved into this bracket. It places the SnakeEye camera in an easy to reach position where I can change it's position and turn it on and off with my left hand. It even gives me a place to hang my glasses when I'm in a hurry.

I'm still getting a lil waiver in the vids when the bike is rolling but way better than it was when I first tried using the camera on the bike. The stronger mounting helps I'm sure but I still think some of it is caused by interference from the electrical system.

Went with a higher quality SD card and that may have helped also. I can get about 4 hours from the 4 gb card. The still captures look good.