IGNORED

If money wasn't an issue

Gary N.

This is how my neighbour at the campground is hauling his HD Road King. First he removes the tour pack and windshield. Then he tilts the handle bars down a little. He has a winch to bring the bike in and out. I looked at one of these Prevost motor homes at a big RV show when we were in Tampa Fl and it listed for just over $2 MILLION.

You would think he could afford a nice trailer and save a lot of hassle.

But if ya got the bucks..............

my buddy has a road king and it isn't difficult to remove the tour pak - takes about ten seconds - the windshield is four or five screws and moving the bars down is easy. if i was in his shoes i won't pull a trailer either - the bike is weatherproof and secure where it''s at but to each his own idea of the perfect setup. just not sure if you can consider yourself 'camping' in a rig like that !!

my buddy has a road king and it isn't difficult to remove the tour pak - takes about ten seconds - the windshield is four or five screws and moving the bars down is easy. if i was in his shoes i won't pull a trailer either - the bike is weatherproof and secure where it''s at but to each his own idea of the perfect setup. just not sure if you can consider yourself 'camping' in a rig like that !!

I don't consider anyone using anything beyond a tent or a tent trailer as being in the category of "camping" and that rig is about as far from that as you can get ... it's really a luxury home on wheels (albeit a tad smaller than most homes).

(well maybe a small camper trailer still qualifies LOL)

Two spring latches and the windshield pops right off.

The RSV is over 10" longer than a Road King so there's no way you're going to get one in that compartment.

That blows that idea all to He**....LOL

I've seen every method you can possibly think of for hauling a bike while I've been here. I really hate anything that involves hauling the bike exposed to the salt and slush we get in the northern climate when I leave to head south.

The world would be dull if everyone were the same.... My two cents.... How many nights in very nice hotels can ya get for the price of one of those?

If it were a decision I had to make, I would just ride the bike (much more fun) and stay in hotels etc. Heck, for that kind of money you could stay in a nice place for a week, then Fedex a Sh*t load of stuff to the next place on your itinerary and have it waiting for you to arrive.

Cheers,

Dan

just not sure if you can consider yourself 'camping' in a rig like that !!

For me, camping is Motel 6........

I am currently shopping for a used RV and it will probably be 0.5% of the price of the top of the line Provost RV's.....

Where can I get an RV that a Goldwing will fit underneath without removing parts of the bike??

Nice rig. But personally, I would rather RIDE the bike to my destination and just motel it. You can stay in some real nice places for 2 million plus gas. Then you don't have to worry about unloading that beast on someone else when your done with it.

Folk who can spend $2 Million on an RV don't actually think like that :)

Some of them don't even do the driving themselves.