IGNORED

165/80/15 would it work on the front ? (triked)

Cougar

OK, first of all My bike is triked and it is amazing the side to side scrapping of the front tire

and the wear it causes so forget about another new (front bike tire) then I was thinking of going with a M/C rear tire on the front to get better wear of of it.

As I was searching I found that you darksiders are using a 165/80/15 on the rear

of your bike, with that in mind I was wondering if that would work for me on the front as I have

a brand new Nankang 165/80/15 sitting out in the garage, I matched it up with an older

front M/C tire and the hight seems about right , did notice that the inner ring of the C/T was a bit smaller. now that might bike does not lean anymore would this work?

boy it would last a lot longer I bet.

Thanks for any help.

Just racking my tiny brain.:eek:

Jeff

Not unless you've changed your front wheel out.

The factory front wheel on an RSV is a 16 inch wheel.

Yea what he says. I looked around when I put a rear Dunlop on my trike and couldn't even find a comparable car tire in the size it needed. The car tires were just too wide for the rim and lack of clearances of the fender itself if trying to larger than the standard size.

Almost all of the MC tire companies offer a rear tire in the size we need for the front so you'll have a wide varity of thread patterns / cost choices to choose from.

Larry

Edited by Carbon_One

Jeff I have the Dunlop D404 on my trike. As I said in a pm it has given me great wear and service with just under 10,000 miles on it and still has 1/4" of thread depth in the tires center.

Here's a link from Jake Wilson -- http://www.jakewilson.com/productDetail.do?navTitle=Motorcycle+Tires&webCatId=57&navType=type&webTypeId=493&prodFamilyId=19444&listingId=&sizeAttr=5307

& from MC Superstore -- http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/31/401/9955/ITEM/Dunlop-D404-Metric-Cruiser-Rear-Tire.aspx?WT.ac=Recently_Viewed

Ron Ayers -- https://www.ronayers.com/ProductDetails/N/2103/SKU/1200143 # 310515

Larry

PS: check all dealers as some offer free shipping.

Edited by Carbon_One
added info

2 Cents worth.....Just changed out my Dunlop 404 (rear tire mounted backwards) with 16700 miles. Looked new...But...beginning to cup a bit. Noticed it real bad above 85. I've tried all the rest and with the rake I have (E-Z-Steer) the Dunlop is best for me...Bit pricy...but it works....(Beats Bridgestones shot at 6000 miles).

My solution for this year is to run an E3 rear tire in the right front size. I'll loose the WSW of the 404 but the rear tires are blackwall only as you already know. The load rating and wear of the E3's is about the best on the market. Unfortunately I won't know about the wear until next year after a season of riding...

OK, first of all My bike is triked and it is amazing the side to side scrapping of the front tire

and the wear it causes so forget about another new (front bike tire) then I was thinking of going with a M/C rear tire on the front to get better wear of of it.

As I was searching I found that you darksiders are using a 165/80/15 on the rear

of your bike, with that in mind I was wondering if that would work for me on the front as I have

a brand new Nankang 165/80/15 sitting out in the garage, I matched it up with an older

front M/C tire and the hight seems about right , did notice that the inner ring of the C/T was a bit smaller. now that might bike does not lean anymore would this work?

boy it would last a lot longer I bet.

Thanks for any help.

Just racking my tiny brain.:eek:

Jeff

Would antique car tires work??? http://store.cokertire.com/550-16-excelsior-blackwall-tire.html