IGNORED

A "In Your Best Interest" Warning.....

BoomerCPO

If you wear a leather vest and choose to put a LARGE back patch on it with territorial "rockers" under the patch you are in violation of the Motorcycle Protocol of any 1%'er Club which may be located in your State.

Make no mistake about it....These 1%'ers take this SERIOUSLY and will confront you. If you are lucky they will request you take off the vest....There will be NO 2nd request forthcoming....There will be no discussion/debate from them regarding your RIGHT to wear whatever you want. Violence is the norm because this violation of their Motorcycle Protocol is a direct insult and show of disrespect to their Club.

I'm posting this in the best interest of ALL members of this Site. I will NOT debate this issue on this Forum. To each his own regarding your individual actions.

Regards and respect to all......Boomer

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been people literally beat to death because they copped an attitude with a 1%'er over what their "constitutional rights" are...

And while I agree this is a free country and a person should be able to do whatever they want within the confines of the law, this is one of those cases where you're not gonna win.

If I remember correctly, there was a guy in Oklahoma a couple of years ago that decided he was not going to comply with the unwritten rule of displaying club logos and rockers...if memory serves me correctly, they beat him almost to death.

Even if you win the skirmish...you'll lose the war.

looks like i need to go buy a leather vest and a "rocker"... I have a nice little surprise under my shirt, though, and I know how to be a violent person, too...

You do have to watch out for those folks from east Tennesse and SW Virginia :innocent:

Since riding season is upon many now Boomer is just reiterating something that was posted several years ago about this subject. While it may be against your constitutional rights you are entering another world when you deal with most 1%'s. They hold the "patch" to some high relevance that they will inflict some serious damage because of it. If you are asked to remove the vest/jacket do so respectfully. Most of the time the 1%'r will respect that and nothing further will occur. Refuse or pull an attitude (or gun) and, well..... remember there are hundreds or maybe thousands of them. You choose.

A simple patch like the VentureRiders patch shouldnt be an issue. Most of the time its when there is a territorial rocker under the patch that gets things going.

It is what it is.........

Besides, those Pygmies get him in enough trouble with those 1%'rs all on their own. :smile5:

Oh Oh!! Did you get "confronted" Boomer???

Not me....The Combat Vets Motorcycle Association BOD recently informed all Members nationwide that there is ONE State which is now a "No Fly Zone" for our back patches. Negotiations with the COC in that State and the CVMA are now in progress.

I put this thread up to inform new riders here and hopefully their common sense will prevail on this issue.

I think it would be a shame to see this thread get deleted because a few folks get riled up and put things here that do not contribute to the basic info.

I have been around enough 1%'ers to be comfortable with them simply because I know their protocol.....and I respect it for what it is....their way of life.

Boomer.....who has never seen a pygmie 1%'er.

So a STAR Logo with the chapter and state 'Rockers' falls into this BS?? :confused07:

My common sense tells me yes.

There is a caveat to all this tho....Riding Clubs in any State can meet(ie:Have a Sit-down) with the Council of Clubs and get their Patch with Rocker sanctioned and approved by the ruling 1%'ers within the COC.

IMHO this issue is not BS. The average Joe goes to a bike rally and buys patches to put on his vest. No big deal really.....But these 1%'ers have to EARN every patch on their vest and to them it is a big deal because it is their way of life.

Accept it or not, it is what it is and has been that way since combat Vets returned from WWII and formed the Outlaw Biker Gangs.

Ask any LEO and they will tell you that for the most part the 1%'ers live outside of the laws which we abide by. This in itself should indicate to anyone that these dudes are not to be trifled with.

Same here "What is a rocker?" Any pictures?

Dave

A rocker is the curved patch either under or over your main club patch that identifies things like where you are from. By displaying a location the 1%'ers look at it as you are claiming turf and that is not a good thing to do around them.

Same here "What is a rocker?" Any pictures?

Dave

member of the CVMA

A "rocker" is a patch of any shape,color,or design which indicates territory and is placed beneath the large back patch.

Example....My CVMA back patch would violate protocol if I put a "rocker" under it which said Lake Charles,La. or simply Louisiana.

I have been with the CVMA long enough to say that in every instance where a problem has occurred with the 1%'ers in any given State it was because a member of the CVMA had put that territorial "rocker" under his back patch.

A rocker is the curved patch either under or over your main club patch that identifies things like where you are from. By displaying a location the 1%'ers look at it as you are claiming turf and that is not a good thing to do around them.

Right on the money!!

My common sense tells me yes.

There is a caveat to all this tho....Riding Clubs in any State can meet(ie:Have a Sit-down) with the Council of Clubs and get their Patch with Rocker sanctioned and approved by the ruling 1%'ers within the COC.

IMHO this issue is not BS. The average Joe goes to a bike rally and buys patches to put on his vest. No big deal really.....But these 1%'ers have to EARN every patch on their vest and to them it is a big deal because it is their way of life.

Accept it or not, it is what it is and has been that way since combat Vets returned from WWII and formed the Outlaw Biker Gangs.

Ask any LEO and they will tell you that for the most part the 1%'ers live outside of the laws which we abide by. This in itself should indicate to anyone that these dudes are not to be trifled with.

OK it's serious, but it's still BS. I don't worry, 'cause I'm not a patch guy. I kinda like a 'Neckid' vest. To each his own.... :) I'll check with my son-in-law. He's a leo and deals with gangs in the SoCal area. I'm wondering, since in this club we do a lot of long distance touring and are 11,000 strong, how many of us have actually been asked to remove their rockered vests by a 1%'er while riding??

I'm wondering, since in this club we do a lot of long distance touring and are 11,000 strong, how many of us have actually been asked to remove their rockered vests by a 1%'er while riding??

Several years ago I was in NY for a PGR Mission. On my way back to CT I stopped at a roadside Biker Bar to take a break. Within minutes I was asked by a 1%'er to remove my vest (CVMA with NO rockers). I simply said "No problem" and removed my vest. I had no further problems while in the Bar and the 1%'ers even paid for my burger and coke. It is what it is.

So what patch or insignia identifies a 1%er when you see one? How do you identify a 1%er. Is this the same as a Hells Angel or Outlaw? Or are 1%ers different from Hells Angels etc?

Hell's Angels are 1%'ers....and there are many Outlaw MC Clubs out there. The State Police are known for keeping tabs on these Clubs and they will gladly tell you which Clubs are within your State.

So a 1%er is any motorcycle gang rather than a gang of its own. So does these mean that only 1 percent of the motorcycle community is affiliated with an illicit gang activity? Sorry for the questions but this is something that I have never been exposed to other than whats on TV.

I like to have a few patches. I chose not to put the Circle of Pride patch on my jacket for this very reason. I can see people wanting to show there affiliation with there local motorcycle clubs but to get bent out of shape just because someone from another club is wearing there patches or colors in your area is beyond what I can understand. I thought that humans had evolved beyond a wild territorial animal. Shaun