IGNORED

Why are we required to fill in the "Name" field in our Profile now?

Guest PlaneCrazy

I grew up in a time where you looked a man in the eye, identified yourself, shook his hand, and stated your business. I guess I'm funny that way. The internet has afforded the opportunity for people to say things without any accountability. I have NEVER been afraid to tell someone my name. Most times when I post, I try to direct my comments to the person that has asked the question or made the comment, unless I can't figure out what their name is, or what the heck kind of bike they ride! AND I always sign every post, because I want the person that I gave the information to, to be able to ask another question at a later date, and KNOW who they were talking to. I can appreciate the fact that there are members on this forum that are in Law Enforcement, who wouldn't want 10,000 members knowing where they live, but ALL of the LEO members I have met are at least willing to post their first names.

I am not saying that I will never chat with a member that doesn't identify himself, BUT one of the main reasons I subscribe to this forum is the "Feeling of Family" that is afforded to every member on this site. I have members of my OWN family that I don't care too much for, BUT, I still know their names. I would think that it would be really hard to continue the family atmosphere here on VR.ORG without being able to call my brothers and sisters by their names. I figure that if my name was good enough for my MOTHER to call me by, then it's good enough for the members of this site to call me by.

But like I said, "That's Just Me".:confused24:

Earl

:sign yeah that:If it is just your 1st name big deal. Besides having been with this forum for just over 4 1/2 years I have come to consider most as friends, speacially those I have met in person. At the same time considering some of the other forums I have visited I guess one can't be blamed for their cautious feelings.

I tried googling "Ruffy" and I found everything from a town in Australia to orange ruffy to the date rape drug, but after searching for 30 pages I found nothing about me. Am I that boring?????:smile5::smile5::smile5:

Yes, I made the name field and the city a requirement. If you don't want to include your real name, just choose a nickname. It just makes it much easier to get to know folks if you can refer to them as Bob, Don, Tom, Tex, Sleepy....whatever instead of having to refer to somebody as midnightridingbiker233380 or something like that. :) If you don't feel comfortable including your real name, just use a nickname that you are OK with.

Hallelujah, We've been wanting the city requirement for years. With a state that's 900 miles long it will make it a lot easier to follow up on new members.... As far as the name, I don't really care, I guess I'm just not that paranoid.... It's been available all over the net ever since Al Gore invented it.. :whistling: and it's never presented a problem... :sign20:

Am I that boring?????:smile5::smile5::smile5:
from "RUFFY"

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :stickpoke: :fnd_(16):

I am truly hurt and crushed....I may be forced to go into hiding and never, ever post here again.......

Got over 79,000 hits on Yammer Dan. Thought I was a rare bird!!

Strange Bird, maybe, unless your undercooked, which will render you pretty rare.

:smile5:

from "RUFFY"

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :stickpoke: :fnd_(16):

I am truly hurt and crushed....I may be forced to go into hiding and never, ever post here again.......

Crushed Ruffy .......I think I ordered that at a restaurant once......:think: or was it orange ruffy...

Guest PlaneCrazy
I googled my screen name and came up with 1,320,000 hits, got tried before I found anything about me. Bob

Google "Seawolf Royal Star" and you are the top of first page :)

Larry )

Well here go's. This is a test of the mental disorders section of the Adjustment bureau.

Please don't adjust your set, we control the raster,we control the horizontal,vertical.

If you receive a message. Please report to the Adjustment office.:bluesbrother::080402gudl_prv:

:rotf::rotf::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Planecrazy you can use my name, its Lloyd, I like airplanes, even though I never flew anything bigger than a 172, but my picture would work for you too. See we just confused any one wanting to find you.:thumbsup2:

You're too late.:whistling:

Crushed Ruffy .......I think I ordered that at a restaurant once......:think: or was it orange ruffy...

Yes, but did it taste good????:think::think:

Yeah Plane,

I'm with Earl, except that I take it to the extreme. Even though I had a CB handle back in the 70s, I have never felt comfortable with using a handle on forums, even though I do use Uturn on a few. But on this forum, I felt I would always be amoung friends so I decided to use "Rick Butler", so I wouldn't have to tell everyone that I'm "Uturn" on the forum. In fact when I reply to a post, the first thing I do is look at your profile to see if you have a name to where I can reply to you personally....that's just the way I am.

And those phone calls don't come from information on the internet, they most likely come from a mailing list they have purchased or a automatic phone dialer. Gosh, if anyone wanted to find me from a Google search, they would have to sift through a whole pile of Rick Butlers before they got to me :-)

So, Plane Crazy works for me,

Rick