IGNORED

Freebird's Maintenance Day date

Freebird

Maintenance Day is Great. It would allso great if you moved it a round the country and Canada. One week end at you house if you like, and one week end some were else. :bighug: Those that would like it at there place can get on the list for a vote. Are house is always open, just name the week end.

Two times a year. Ohio is is to far for us on a week end for us. Texas just of north Dallas is our places, for a maintenance day week end.

At that we may be-ably to go once in a while. From the east coast to west

coast, From the north to the south. Move it around, Mr. Freedird you will have free room and board. two times a year.

What do you think?:whistling:

This is actually something that I started a couple of years before I even started VentureRider.org. It is actually an idea that I copied from when I lived in Dallas, TX and the local MTA group there did something similar. Sorry my friend, I just don't get enough time off to do it in various places but the fact is, ANYBODY can do this. Just get with other members fairly close to your area, find somebody to host it and have fun. It doesn't take a LOT of planning and can be a lot of fun and even educational.

OK folks....it looks like MOST would rather do it on the 7th so the 7th it is. Also, I hadn't thought about the hotel availability on the holiday weekend. That CAN be a problem around here. So...this is the official announcement, the Maintenance day will be held on Saturday June 7th, 2008.

Oh Don..........Gotta love ya...spent the last day pouting that I couldn't make it on the 24th or the 31st due to family commitments.........June 7th is the best day for us.........YAY!!!!!!!!!

Now if we can only get the same deal at the Oberlin Inn.....dont remember who set that up but it was a great deal.

List for maintenance day;

1) Hotel reservations - too early - they're not accepting (grrrrrrrr)

2) List of things to do and bring (no trailer so no clams - sorry)

3) Reserve CHEESECAKE!!!!!

4) Remind wife to stay away from pond just in case that 'creature' shows up again

5) Wife wants to start packing now so we may be a bit early (is May too early?)

Think we're looking forward to it?

We will do Oberlin Inn, 2 people, single king (oops,toooo early!), if that helps with the reservation people. Lets get the convoy from St. Louis going, come through Indy and we'll hook-up with you. Wife does great margarita's.

Dan

ANYBODY can do this. Just get with other members fairly close to your area, find somebody to host it and have fun. It doesn't take a LOT of planning and can be a lot of fun and even educational.

I would love to do this but don't have a garage yet. Maybe we can do the same down here if somebodies got a garage, I'll bring the Brisket. :mo money:

I would love to do this but don't have a garage yet. Maybe we can do the same down here if somebodies got a garage, I'll bring the Brisket. :mo money:

If there is enough interest for one in the Texas Panhandle, I have garage space and will be glad to host. I live 50 miles north of Amarillo in Borger, Texas. I am not much of a mechanic, but I have a great grill and I ain't afraid to use it.

Now if we can only get the same deal at the Oberlin Inn.....dont remember who set that up but it was a great deal.

I will call the Oberlin Inn and see what kind of deal we can get this year. She told me to wait until after the Holidays, and let her know, so I will call the first week in January after we get back from our trip.

OK folks....it looks like MOST would rather do it on the 7th so the 7th it is. Also, I hadn't thought about the hotel availability on the holiday weekend. That CAN be a problem around here. So...this is the official announcement, the Maintenance day will be held on Saturday June 7th, 2008.

Does this mean that it's ok to go ahead with plans for a Meet & Greet on the 24th then:innocent::happy65:

Yup, this shows no date conflicts..........

I would like to reserve a spot by the Pond for my tent! I'm not afraid, I don't think, well not much anyway :whistling: