IGNORED

4-way flasher not working

BigBear

The 4-way flashers on my 08 RSV are not working...

Turn signals all work fine.

Tried turning on the 4-ways with

1) The ignition turned on but the bike not running

2) The bike running

I've looked at the service manual, and it appears that there isn;t a fuse or flasher unit specific to the operation of the 4-way flashers. Is it possible that the 4-way switch may have corrosion or simply be "bad"?

So....once again...I turn the to wealth of knowledge located on this board! :bowdown::bowdown:

Suggestions?

Cant really remember, but I think your 4 way flasher is located inside the front fairing, sitting on bike, right hand side..or it is behind the right hand side cover..its been a while for me on a Venture..so forgive my ignorance..

page 11, see items 22 & 23

http://www.venturerider.org/private/RSVparts.pdf

Edited by Eck

There is not a separate fuse, but there are two hazard relays.

I worked with Ponch on his hazards last winter and I think the hazard flasher was under the seat on his RSV.

Here is a link to the simplified RSV wiring diagram, similar to the one Mraf posted above. All the hazard circuitry is at lower left corner of the page. Both schematics are electrically the same, but simplified does not show all the connectors, so layout is less cluttered.

99-09 Yamaha Royal Star Venture Simplified Circuit Diagram Rev B.pdf

Gary

I worked with Ponch on his hazards last winter and I think the hazard flasher was under the seat on his RSV.

Gary

Hazard relay is inside the fairing. Brake side.

Sorry,

I should stick to 1st gen help.

But, really, I was working with Ponch on several phone calls, and I thought he said part of what we were working on was under the seat.

We were trying to get the hazards to work without needing the key to be on via some circuit modifications.

Gary

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying: Another thing they took off the RSV before it came into Australia. Didn't even know they came with 4 way flashers [rip off]

Annie, this just means that you won't ever have a problem with 4 way flashers! How often would you use them anyway?

Annie, this just means that you won't ever have a problem with 4 way flashers! How often would you use them anyway?

I THINK YOU USE THEM A LOT WHEN YOU DRIVE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD !! hehehe :hihi: :>)

MIKE aka Uturn

:Venture:

The Hazard relay is on the left side under the fairing. The Hazard flasher relay is on the right side next to the radio. If you have turn signals, it's probably the Hazard flasher relay. I don't think the turn signals will flash with the Hazard relay unplugged.