IGNORED

Hard decision to make-Need Help!!!

Rollin Thunder

I purchase a 83 last fall with 42k and have the front end off to mod the forks and brakes. A guy I work with is a Concours fan and I pointed him towards another one now he needs room in his garage and guess what! he has a 83 with 138k that he wants to sell me cheap. Apparently it has the 2nd gear upgrade done and the front fork done. I haven't seen it but i was thinking parts bike but i don't know he rode it a few hundred miles last year maybe I keep it and ride it till it breaks. What to do? any suggestions?

Thanks

i have 6 in my garage , they all run but they aren't all mine. One my sons ones my girlfriends and the other 4 are mine

and the sidecar is still for sale. oh and buy the other bike two are better than one.

Don't do it! From what I've seen on this site they tend to breed when they get together. Then you don't have room to move around your place. Pieces of them start laying all over the place cluttering it up. Then the next thing you know everyone you know {and don't know} start stopping in to see if you can fix their bike being that you have started a motorcycle salvage yard and you are riding a older bike. It's addictive. Believe me. I had 2 for awhile and I they did have a offspring. It's a v-max. I know its theirs its black and goes like hell. That was enough for me so I sold the 83 before they got together again and maybe make a slower 2nd gen too that I'd have to contend with.:rotfl::rotfl::D

Don't do it! From what I've seen on this site they tend to breed when they get together. Then you don't have room to move around your place. Pieces of them start laying all over the place cluttering it up. Then the next thing you know everyone you know {and don't know} start stopping in to see if you can fix their bike being that you have started a motorcycle salvage yard and you are riding a older bike. It's addictive. Believe me. I had 2 for awhile and I they did have a offspring. It's a v-max. I know its theirs its black and goes like hell. That was enough for me so I sold the 83 before they got together again and maybe make a slower 2nd gen too that I'd have to contend with.:rotfl::rotfl::D

:sign20::sign20::sign20:

Easy decision, if the price of the bike is less than the upgrades you want to do on yours then but it. Even if its a little more its worth having extra parts around. There is probably some parts on the other one that are in better condition than yours. If you have room for it and your better half is OK with it, get it. I started with one VR in August and it has multiplied into another plus some extras.