IGNORED

honda pacific?

oldgoat

something like that? got a call from dianne way up north.

she said she saw a honda pacific? 800cc strange looking but kind of a touring bike.

any one know any history about these? reason im asking is a friend of hers is interested and wants to know if its worth $3600.00 sorry no pics but its red has 32 k on it. new tires battery and regular maintenance done this summer. she said it has trunk space but not enough for helmets? she thought there was a radio on the bike? was this a new kind of smaller type goldwing prototype/ kind of like the silverwing? thanks

oldgoat.

Beware of a link to google images of the Honda Pacific as they contain bad stuff that will not allow the window to be closed and will infect your computer's cache with a virus. I had to shut down to get out of that situation. After restarting then clearing the cache no other virus was detected. The wikipedia link is safe though.

As for the bike, it's small and doesn't look like a very good deal when compared to a Venture of the same year.

I owned a Pacific Coast before I bought my VR. In my opinion, they are a great sport touring bike for both comfort and dependability. There is a fairly good writeup about the history and features of the Pacific Coast in this web site: http://www.arthurlea.com/PC800.htm

Here is a picture of my old Pacific Coast. I don't know what prices are like in your part of the country although for sure they are higher in Canada. In my case, a guy flew in from Hailfax and bought my PC for just under $5000 and it had more miles on it than the one Diane is looking at.

I owned a Pacific Coast before I bought my VR. In my opinion, they are a great sport touring bike for both comfort and dependability. There is a fairly good writeup about the history and features of the Pacific Coast in this web site: http://www.arthurlea.com/PC800.htm

Here is a picture of my old Pacific Coast. I don't know what prices are like in your part of the country although for sure they are higher in Canada. In my case, a guy flew in from Hailfax and bought my PC for just under $5000 and it had more miles on it than the one Diane is looking at.

Buddy of mine used to have one. Never rode it but always admired it. It got over 50 mpg and was much lighter than a Venture or Goldwing. He bought it for his wife to ride but she never got comfortable riding by herself, preferred riding with him on their Goldwing. So he sold it.

My opinion is that they were a nice bike.

I was looking for one for Jeannie for the last couple of years or so after I saw one parked next to my VR at the University. But I wound up finding a good deal on an 86 Maxim for her instead. It was a good looking and clean bike. The color looked good too. It was kind of a beige or off white with a pearl look to it. It would have probably suited her better than the Maxim. But as one of the other members said, I think $3600 is a bit steep. But then I'm a pretty cheap guy.

I had one a few years ago. I forget what year it was, mine was white. I was living close to Seattle at the time and did a lot of riding in Mount Rainar National Park, not much city riding.

Very handy flip up seat trunk, shaft drive, very smooth and comfortable. Some did have radios, mine didn't.

I did think of it as a "little Goldwing" I am still surprised that there are few 800cc shaft drive touring bikes for those that don't want a large bike.

I would get another P/C but I already have a Venture and Kaw. Versys.

A lot of people call it the "tupper wear" bike but wherever you go people always stop and look at it.

I would be a great bike for that rider that wants to tour but is unable to handle a large bike.

Cb it was a really great bike

And the list of available farkles is extensive.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff46/ahendepe/excellent%20adventure%202009/ratopilas/cackenterscanyon.jpg

Note the swing away industrial can opener on the black trunk box. This bike has been to Alaska, Copper Canyon in Mexico, California, all out of Detroit.

To read more of this great adventurer http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497639&highlight=vermin It is a hilarious read. If you like it (and don't want to sign up to advrider.com), I can post links to his other two ride reports on this bike. He even took his kids on these adventures (Alaska and California - not Mexico).

RR

Interesting example on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-89-HONDA-PC800-PACIFIC-COAST-CUSTOM-U-S-ARMY-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19c1fffa85QQitemZ110628960901QQptZUSQ5fmotorcycles#ht_500wt_1182

And in case the link doesn't work, it is item 110628960901, just do a search on that item number.

That guy is OBVIOUSLY single to have an Army scoot in his living room!! Even my wife who loves to ride would NEVER tolerate that!!!

There are 2 within 30 miles of me. Both are used for daily commutes. My friend Dan has one that is white. He road it for years until he got a Wing. Now it just sits in the yard. They're great bikes. Back in the day, there was a movie that came out called "Logan's Run". It was supposed to be some futuristic run for your life, and I think they used this bike on the movie as police bikes of the future. Anyway, bottom line, these bikes are Rock Solid!!

The only weakness I've heard about these bikes from people that have owned the Pacific, was the voltage regulators would fail.

If you're considering a scoot I would check out the Suzuki 650 Burgman first...it has a lot of high tech for a scoot and it really moves.

thanks everyone. from what i got its a 1990. red. in a heated garage. he fired it up for them. sounds good. but with snow all over that state no test run. he has all reciepts for work and maintenance done on it. this will be for a woman who is 5 ft 7 . she realy likes it. i tould dianne to low ball him a little. go from $3600 to $3000. dont try to piss him off. and see how it goes. after all its winter. and it will sit till like april. what she thought was speakers was in fact the mirrors . so no radio. but damn all that plastic. and i did look at that army one on ebay now that sparked my intrest as im a grunt LOL but just cant afford it. cool water bottle on that bike too LOL. now if it had a grenande launcher on it for them cagers that make left turns with out looking :whistling: