IGNORED

What do you want to watch on TV?

Snaggletooth

I've got to admit, I'm not a huge fan of TV shows today. Not a lot on that interests me. Honestly.....I gave up on cable long ago and only bought a converter when they dropped the broadcasting. (Under threats from my daughter) I turned the idiot box on the other night and flipped through the channels. Nope.....nuttin worth watching.

So.....I got to thinking I can not be the only one that wants to beat the box to death and make some extra room for something useful. Like inhouse parking for my bike.

So rather than wreck havoc with a sledge hammer I decided to try to change the programming of what we see. Thought I toss it into the bull pen and see what other folks might want.

Dancing with the stars ........ not good. I read an article a while back that a man took a shotgun to his TV during that show. I'm sorry, but I understood that feeling. But then again he pointed the shotgun at his wife also. Again...over the top but hey, I can understand that also. She probably was holding the remote.

Now they have spun that off into "Ice Skating with the Stars". Ok. Not working for me either.

One of my ideas that I want to summit is this. Let's add a twist to "Ice Skating with the Stars" ok. Pair the professionals ice dancers up the professional hockey players. See where I'm going with this? Make it interesting....add some excitement....throw in a lil danger!

I'm thinking this would be a popular show.

So anyone have an idea for a new show?

(I haven't ridden in two weeks, so forgive me)

Mike

Think your on to something there!! I like it!! kinda like Tap Out on skates!!

I've got to admit, I'm not a huge fan of TV shows today. Not a lot on that interests me. Honestly.....I gave up on cable long ago and only bought a converter when they dropped the broadcasting. (Under threats from my daughter) I turned the idiot box on the other night and flipped through the channels. Nope.....nuttin worth watching.

So.....I got to thinking I can not be the only one that wants to beat the box to death and make some extra room for something useful. Like inhouse parking for my bike.

So rather than wreck havoc with a sledge hammer I decided to try to change the programming of what we see. Thought I toss it into the bull pen and see what other folks might want.

Dancing with the stars ........ not good. I read an article a while back that a man took a shotgun to his TV during that show. I'm sorry, but I understood that feeling. But then again he pointed the shotgun at his wife also. Again...over the top but hey, I can understand that also. She probably was holding the remote.

Now they have spun that off into "Ice Skating with the Stars". Ok. Not working for me either.

One of my ideas that I want to summit is this. Let's add a twist to "Ice Skating with the Stars" ok. Pair the professionals ice dancers up the professional hockey players. See where I'm going with this? Make it interesting....add some excitement....throw in a lil danger!

Mike

I also don't like cable or sat because of the fees and attitude they have. I am on an antenna, and watch a lot of PBS. Best show IMO now is Big Bang Theory.

As for what I would like to watch, I wish college sports was NOT all on ESPN, right now I am sitting at my computer watching the Illini beat Baylor on computer, and then the OK State-Arizona game.

Put it back on major networks and get rid of dozens of reality junk.

Although I might go back to SAT if someone started up a channel dedicated to motorsports, something might be called "Speedvision" for instance LOL But then NASCAR would buy it up and ruin it and have Speed/NASCARvision channel 2!

Mike

I dunno for sure, but I think CBC has done that already with pro hockey players, called battle of the blades. I dont watch many reality contest shows, but I am fairly sure that one was done. Sorry to burst your hockey bubble.......

found it you can watch it online at http://www.cbc.ca/battle/

Brian

Ok....so maybe somebody else beat me to that.

What about......

Take the cast members from Survior, I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of here, Big Brother, and please, please the ones from Jersey Shores and drop them off on a desserted island. No host, no supplies, no camera crew. Nuttin.

Then in six months come back and drop off the crew from CSI and have them investigate the causes of death.

Think of the the time you would save watching TV! No series....only 1st and last episodes. Two shows! That's it!

And all the free time what would be open for new programing with the elimination of all those other shows.

I'm just spitballing here.

Besides newer TV's and DVD's that have net features, there are a few

"black boxes" like ROKU and Apple that sell for $60-$100 that can hook to the set

and go wireless (or ethernet) to provide some free stuff but also access to

Netflix and other "rentals" that you can stream to your TV.

I think it's probably a good pairing for those using broadcast, instead of cable, with some premium content.

Does anyone here have the ROKU or Apple boxes? If so, thoughts?

(seems like for $10/mo you could watch new movies you want,,, not what the HBO types want to rerun)

Thanks, Mike G in SC

Over here it's not called '***** With the Stars' it is 'Celebrity *****'

Celebrity Come dancing, Lost, Come Dine With me etc

So how about:

Celebrity Ice Speedway

Celebrity bullet-catching and Crocodile Wrestling both seemed a little obvious.

I liked the sound of Celebrity Man-Hunt, except it would rule out at least half the people we'd like to see on it.

Celebrity Wipe-Out we might just get some contestants for.

We did actually have celebrity Grime Fighters recently with some stars we actually recognised going down the sewers and doing pest clearance. That was actually fairly watchable.

I went ahead and got rid of the TV. We don't have one any more. There really wasn't anything worth watching that we couldnt get on Netflix for cheaper and we could control what came into the house on Netflix.

What about college games? do they come in free instead of paying through the nose for lousy ESPN feeds.

I don't know anybody in those games, so they don't interest me. When my kids play baseball or soccer, then I go and watch them. Why should I care about a game full of people who i don't know when i keep hearing about how they are running drugs, raping, running dog fights, etc. etc.? These are not my heroes.

If a person can't enjoy "The Big Bang Theory" and "Two and a Half Men" then they need to move to a climate where instead of a remote they can fondle the handle bars 24/7

jmho :innocent-emoticon:

Other than College Basketball and Football those are my two favorite shows. Now I would give them up for warm weather and being able to ride everyday. I would then DVR them.

I also don't like cable or sat because of the fees and attitude they have. I am on an antenna, and watch a lot of PBS. Best show IMO now is Big Bang Theory.

As for what I would like to watch, I wish college sports was NOT all on ESPN, right now I am sitting at my computer watching the Illini beat Baylor on computer, and then the OK State-Arizona game.

Put it back on major networks and get rid of dozens of reality junk.

Although I might go back to SAT if someone started up a channel dedicated to motorsports, something might be called "Speedvision" for instance LOL But then NASCAR would buy it up and ruin it and have Speed/NASCARvision channel 2!

Hey Don they already have that channel and it's called SPEED You need Satellite in you Car/bike barn with a 60 inch flat screen. You set that up and they will come. :mo money:

I pretty much watch only cable channels theres pretty much nothing on regular tv for me. History,Discovery,TLC,Military,HGTV,DIY, and HBO's. I cant think of a show on regular tv that I watch except Baseball/Football.

I don't watch much sports but most of the above channels have, at times, some interesting stuff.

What sports I do watch (when I do) are either boxing, martial arts, or mixed martial arts. Once in a while hockey, baseball, or football when the playoffs are on and it's a local team. I'd say this accounts for .005% of my TV viewing.

Really enjoy shows about nature, animals, etc .... like standup comedy, not a big fan of sit-coms although there have been a few good one's that I've watched such as Seinfeld.

HDTV is great and tend to watch movies a lot ... will even watch certain ones several times. Saw "Salt" via Video-On-Demand the other day... it was really good. A bit more expensive than renting the DVD at the store but saves ya having to go get it and then return it.

Oh yea... and love to watch music concerts or most things music. We use our TV a lot for music listening thru "Galaxie" which is similar to XM or Sirius.

What would I like to watch ??? ... I'd like to see more "how-to" type stuff or "how did they make that". For instance, I'd love to see a show that takes a person from concept to completion in the building of a new car/truck model. It would also be nice to have a list and be able to select what you want to watch, when you want to watch it versus watching it when they are broadcasting it ... although now that we have a recorder, we can essentially do some of that.

A way to BLANK OUT COMMERCIALS would sure be nice LOL

So how about:

Celebrity Ice Speedway

Celebrity bullet-catching and Crocodile Wrestling both seemed a little obvious.

I liked the sound of Celebrity Man-Hunt, except it would rule out at least half the people we'd like to see on it.

Celebrity Wipe-Out we might just get some contestants for.

Greg, you can be the new pitch man for marketing some of these ideas. You're right on track with my way if thinking here.

I ordered a ROKU black box last night, should be here next week.

(Again, some newer TV sets and DVD/BVD will also pick up streaming net stuff like the ROKU box.)

I went through their web site and channel choices. I think it will open up some new stuff, several free and some "premium" with demand choices.

I'll post back here after I see what it does.

Mike G in SC