IGNORED

You have to love snow in the south

Guest scarylarry

Guest scarylarry

First of all this is Tn. and when they call for snow people freak and run to the store no matter what..

So I figure Pam and me would wait till around 11 tonight since it's not moving in till tomorrow and it still 45 degrees.

So we gather up our weekly stuff at the store and some folks are still shopping more than normal and so as we went to check out the lady knows of us cause we come in there every week around this time, so we are in line and 3 other people was behind us, I told the cashier figure we would do ours tonight since they readvise and instead of 2 inches they are calling for 6 to 8 inches something about a front dropping more..

These people behind me left the line and went and did more shopping, cashier ask did you really hear that? I said no, but I just increase your sales........ROFLMAO

Pam walked out just shaking her head..

First of all this is Tn. and when they call for snow people freak and run to the store no matter what..

So I figure Pam and me would wait till around 11 tonight since it's not moving in till tomorrow and it still 45 degrees.

So we gather up our weekly stuff at the store and some folks are still shopping more than normal and so as we went to check out the lady knows of us cause we come in there every week around this time, so we are in line and 3 other people was behind us, I told the cashier figure we would do ours tonight since they readvise and instead of 2 inches they are calling for 6 to 8 inches something about a front dropping more..

These people behind me left the line and went and did more shopping, cashier ask did you really hear that? I said no, but I just increase your sales........ROFLMAO

Pam walked out just shaking her head..

Your so bad....... But I love it

It's good for the economy... Keep it up!

Yep, snow means people up north buy snow plows, snow throwers, salt spreaders, and snowmobiles, all of which my company finances for buyers who can't pay cash. Snow = more business for retailers and more money pumped into the economy, and with most manufactures picking up the tab for 0% interest programs, it's good for the consumer as well. I LOVE SNOW!!! (As long as I don't have to deal with it personally!! LOL!!!)

Gee, maybe I'll get a bonus this year!! :happy34:

We got 12 to 18' yesterday and last night. with winds up to 50 MPH gusts, just another day in Minnesota. Oh ya temps in the below zero range.

WHIMPS ! :missingtooth:

Yeah, and how bout that Metrodome roof collapse today! Holy cow, you'd think that the designers of that thing would have engineered it for a major snow event in MINNEAPOLIS!!! Duh!!

We got 12 to 18' yesterday and last night. with winds up to 50 MPH gusts, just another day in Minnesota. Oh ya temps in the below zero range.

WHIMPS ! :missingtooth:

Not the news I wanted to hear. I'm flying to Minneapolis tomorrow for our semi-annual sales meeting. Will be in Cannon Falls until Tuesday evening then driving to the Hayward, WI area for the rest of the week. I assume the Hayward area is getting hammered also. :(

Sorry, no time for meeting up with anybody. They have us scheduled almost 24/7 it seems.

Not the news I wanted to hear. I'm flying to Minneapolis tomorrow for our semi-annual sales meeting. Will be in Cannon Falls until Tuesday evening then driving to the Hayward, WI area for the rest of the week. I assume the Hayward area is getting hammered also. :(

Sorry, no time for meeting up with anybody. They have us scheduled almost 24/7 it seems.

Well first off we know how to deal with snow! We ain't whimps!

It will be cleaned off and roads will be fine. Unfortunately it is supposed to be in the single digits and warming up through the week. Dress warm you'll need it.

Ice on lakes isn't to thick yet so no ice fishing till after Christmas

Bought a new snow blower yesterday cause I was tired of dealing with old equipment Now I am ready for anything.

Metrodome is closed today cause the Giants are stuck in Kansas City because they were diverted away from MPLS. Game is Monday instead. You would think the snow would just slide off the Metrodome but NO not happening. :missingtooth: LOL

My daughter in law is a teacher and they already called off school for tomorrow. You can't believe it here in the south...a couple of snow flurries and as ScaryLarry says, people go crazy!

We got a little bit today and some of the roads aren't the greatest, but they don't have any snow removal equipment and they just spread a little dirt or liquid salt on the roads.

It's definitely cold tho...not really bike riding weather, for sure. Although I told my son today I was going to take the trike out and do some doughnuts in the driveway...he said to be sure and get it on video...had to take Pat to the store for groceries instead. LOL.

Well here in KY tonight we've got about 5-6 inches on the ground and a projected high of 20 tomorrow. Not bad compared to when we lived in WV, MI or Iowa, but quite a bit for here. And, as has been noted, here in the south we don't deal with snow like y'all do up north (thank heavens!! The reason is because we don't GET snow like up North!!). Anyway, looks like the bike's gonna be in the barn for a week or so. Hopefully the snow will be gone by the end of the week and the temps will get back into the 30's so I can ride again (sigh...):97:

Guest scarylarry
Hey Larry. Did you buy 2 gallons of milk and 4 loaves of bread like they do around here????

Gotta love them milk sandwiches.................

Heck no Pam and me got a 12 pack and all the stuff to make chili....

Guest scarylarry
It's a little different in this part of TN. Some people still go crazy, but most are used to it. There is a big difference in getting snow in flat country and getting it where we live, though.

Yea it so easy to get stuck on flat ground... The worst a$$ whooping I ever got was last year when I grab a buggy that the eldery lady had her eye coming in the store, she starting in with her cane and I next thing I knew I was yelling ya'll quit, I let her have the buggy..