IGNORED

What is your definition of being retired?

E-Fishin-C

I'm thinking that retirement will be when I get up in the morning and don't know or care what day it is.

Steve

You're dead on the money, Eagleeye, and it's a great feeling. Now, if I can just live long enough to piss off the social security folks for a few years, I'll go quietly. :whistling:

Learning to sleep at night!!!

I hear ya Dan! 3.5 years to go! Then a job with a real life.....one I havent had for years and years.....you know evenings and week-ends off!

That other quote about waking up and not caring what day it is, is a great one too!

Oh ya...and spending the kids inheritance is high on my agenda too!

What I like most of being retired ,in the summer waiting for every body to leave for work so that i can ride in peace and in winter time is standing in the window whit a cup of hot coffee looking at my neighbors shoveling and scrapping cars ,,,, me do it later when the sun is shinning .

Man I'm a bad boy , and selfish :whistling::canada:

Guest Mackinawman

Not having to pay attention to changing from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time.

Not working my fanny off to make somebody else rich!

Guest KitCarson

I ended up in South Carolina some 18 years ago. I had obtained a government contract to re-furbish the Veterans Administrations Boiler Plant at the V.A in Columbia, S.C.

Ever do a job for the government......gee.........cannot start too early.......penalties if you do not finish in time........want more money.......just ask......they will give it to you!!

I was ready to start work....get the show on the road....but they told me the job had been postponed for about 40 days., actually it was 42 days. I had my bass boat.......so I went fishing....every day.......for two weeks. The first two weeks was great........then boredom and the lack of purpose set in.

I would love to have time to ride some long rides.....go here and there......but I do not think I could ever retire. I have to have something to do.........to have no purpose.....no goals.....I cannot explain it until you have tried it....it did not suit me to have 42 days off with no goals or anything to do. Kit

I ended up in South Carolina some 18 years ago. I had obtained a government contract to re-furbish the Veterans Administrations Boiler Plant at the V.A in Columbia, S.C.

Ever do a job for the government......gee.........cannot start too early.......penalties if you do not finish in time........want more money.......just ask......they will give it to you!!

I was ready to start work....get the show on the road....but they told me the job had been postponed for about 40 days., actually it was 42 days. I had my bass boat.......so I went fishing....every day.......for two weeks. The first two weeks was great........then boredom and the lack of purpose set in.

I would love to have time to ride some long rides.....go here and there......but I do not think I could ever retire. I have to have something to do.........to have no purpose.....no goals.....I cannot explain it until you have tried it....it did not suit me to have 42 days off with no goals or anything to do. Kit

you are right , that is the reason i am going back to work but it took me 6 mos. besides money for gas and the bike !

So what is "retirement" then? I'd think it is a time in your life when you are financially secure enough to not have to do anything in order to make an income to support your lifestyle. That does not mean you have to stop doing it...but you could do it at your own pace wherever and whenever you wanted to...or not at all.

Guest cyote61

Too each his own comes happines.

Me, my only goal is to ride, explore and be happy. Works perfect for me. I've met a lot of great people, been in every state more than once and have a lot more to see and do.

Mine is working 10 hours a day, 5 days a week around the house with No Pay......
:rotfl:

Charlie Dear,

Then you know how it is to be a housewife and Mother!

Ron and I have been married 35 years, we have 3 children, we have built our own home together. He worked for 28 years, I have worked different jobs on and off. This one for the last 16 years. I am presently working for health insurance. I figure I will never get to retire, until there is a reasonable way to have health insurance coverage so we do not have to blow our life savings because one of us had the nerve to get sick.

Love Ya,

Peggy