IGNORED

If you could trade your Venture for a Goldwing

zooer

I owned a GW back In 1984 I had the Aspencade 1200 shown here parked in front of the store.

The Venture rides nice when it runs. But i don't know if I'd buy eather again. Been down both of these roads, and kinda tiered of both.

Im at a point in my life, where I don't really no what I really want to ride:confused24:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did it the other way around and have no regrets. I was a dyed in the wool gold wing fan including a unique tattoo but not no more, no more, no more.

Although we all have our favorites I have given up the tank for a cruiser and it has been a real head turning riding experience.

Jinx:snow2:

I have owned two Goldwings. A 1500 and an 1800.

Sort of nice bikes.

Never, ever again.

They are like a Winabago. They get blown around in the slightest breeze. Of three bikes, the wing, HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic and the RSV, the RSV is the lightest and the Globwing is the heaviest.

Now that is the real HOG

Love my RSV. I'm on my second one.

I love the looks of the RSV..Really like my GW though but Im a person that doesnt care what others think..I have found that different bikes fill different needs and IF the RSV makes significant changes I will buy another and have the best of both worlds. I have friends that ride ST1100s,HDs,Victorys,Suzuki Burgmans and I have nothing bad to say about any of them..In fact good for them that they are still riding......It dont matter what you ride as long as you enjoy..... especially as a member here!

:sign yeah that:

In a heartbeat!!! I had a 1500 Wing and hated it...it was a complete dog. But I do love the 1800s...smooth, fast, handle well. But then I do have a BIG love for the Valk I/S. It would be a hard choice if I had to pick between the 2 of them.

If you could trade your Venture straight out even swap for a loaded Goldwing, would you? :motorcyclehelmet:

...would you trade your fan for central air conditioning?

...would you trade your little red wagon for a Corvette?

...would you trade your apartment for a castle?

...would you trade your gun for a battleship?

...would you trade your debt for a Gates fortune?

...would you trade your American President for any Canadian Prime Minister?

...DOH, of course you would!

:big-grin-emoticon:

well said swifty, the venture is very good looking, and the floor boards are nice, as far as power, handling, rekiability, top speed, advanced technology, and on and on. the 1800 wing wins hands down. don't ever try to put one over on one of the old farts on a wing. you just may get your doors blowed off.

NOPEI just don't believe a wing is all that, I want a motorcycle not a car w/two wheels besldes at 60 I ain't old enouigh

Guest my14car

:2132:Lets be fair here this is a Yamaha site and a great one at that. I just traded my 05 RSTD for a 2010 Goldwing. I have also been on a RSV, great bikes. Had i started with a Venture i most likely would never looked at the Wing. The Wing has much more power and handles way better then the two Yamahas i rode. They have a true front fairing that is stationary does not move with the wheel. No wobble on hard turns or in wind drafts.They hold the road much better. The Venture and the RSTD rears always kicked out on me. As far as getting blown all over.The true fairing on the Wing handles with out any wobbling. Great no fear passing or getting passed by a the big rigs. Wings Handle great in the rainy weather can"t wait to get better rubber then the stock tires.

They have much more room and comfort. The ABS brakes are a great feature and work well.

Even the aero dynamics of the Wing surpasses the Venture. As far as comfort i will admit if your over 6 feet it will take some getting use to. I was also concerned about the comfort not having the foot boards and the feet room like the Venture. But the wing is truly very comfortable as you get use to it. Once again the total design of the Goldwing is amazing. I have it 18 days now both pegs and my boots have scrape marks all over them this is something i had a hard time doing with my RSTD. Again this is the best site on the web i love it. But lets rate them fairly with all the features.

NOPEI just don't believe a wing is all that, I want a motorcycle not a car w/two wheels besldes at 60 I ain't old enouigh

I had seriously considered trading for a Wing but after a 4 day 2100 mile trip in September. NO WAY. I am 69 and too young for the car on 2 wheels.