IGNORED

Pinwall Cycle

1BigDog

I've sent e-mails several times in the past asking questions about parts and never had a response from them. Now call on the phone.......they were very helpful.

I asked about why I don't get any response to my e-mails and the guy just kind of laughed and said "can you imagine how may of those we get every day?" Good point I guess.

That said, I have had very good luck on the parts I've bought from them.

Most the things I have bought have been through the store...not eBay listings.

Mike

i bought 2 items and asked for combined shipping - i didn't get it. i was uuuupset. when I bought the 3rd item, i didn't pay, i added a nice but nasty note and the next day i got a response via ebay messaging that shipping for the 3rd item (which was the biggest) was only one dollar with an invoice.

I was glad to see that and I got my combined shipping. I was told the guys shipping were quicker than billing so my combined shipping was missed. I feel better about them plus I got parts for my black gas tank for my white 04 RSV.

I have bought from them several times and have been by their place a couple of times. They have always been very nice to me. I agree that they seldom answer emails though and they have stated that in their ads. They have been great the few times that I have called them and/or stopped by.

My only complaint is the pictures that they post need to be better quality and a few more close ups.I bought some chrome covers that looked good in the pictures but when i got them they had some lite scratches.If they would have taken a close up I would have seen the true condition.Everything else has been great.

Don't care much for their website but eBay at least lets you search for parts. They are great on the phone, never tried e-mail. I've been there in person and they are very good as well. Went to buy calipers for my Valkyrie and the person brought out three or four to check out. Then went back and got a few more and I was able to pick the best of what was available.

Don't care much for their website but eBay at least lets you search for parts. They are great on the phone, never tried e-mail. I've been there in person and they are very good as well. Went to buy calipers for my Valkyrie and the person brought out three or four to check out. Then went back and got a few more and I was able to pick the best of what was available.

Just call them.

Some folks don't do email consistantly (odd for an EBay seller, no??) I too had issues with timely responses via email, but they always answer the phone. Every transaction I had with them has been as advertized and prompt delivery. Kudos in general to Pinwall. ... Ponch

Thanks for the responses. I called PinWall today and they were very helpful. I ended up ordering the parts needed. Ill admit I didnt see the no response to email disclaimer but I still feel that they should at least make an attempt to answer via e-mail. But, either way, I was happy with the phone response. :smile5:

• 2 weeks later...

Received the parts yesterday from Pinwall. One of the fork tube covers had a small dent in it and if mounted, would be hidden from view by the fairing. It wasnt listed on their item description and when I spoke to their cust service person she said that if its not listed as damaged in the ad then the part is ok. She never actually looked the part over. Since I only needed one, I can live with this. Since the cost of a new one is over 100 bucks I can live with this again. I wont say that I wouldnt use them again. One day 2nd gen parts may be just as hard to find as 1st gen parts so I need to keep my options open. Just not too thrilled with an internet operation that wont respond to emails.

I have phoned them about description errors, left parts described, right parts shown, 84/85 bags decribed as off an 86, etc. They laughed and said, "Well, our wherehouse folks do have trouble with left and right..." Email is utterly useless, phone or don't bother. One ad currently shows a left saddlebag lid and the pictures beneath show four views of a right... makes a person wonder... Maybe their kids are out back, goodness knows at 8 or 9 I could take almost anything apart. Assembly was not quite in my vocabulary yet.

I have bought several parts for my various bikes from them and always happy with the product.

I did have one product get lost by UPS, I called them about it and they OVERNIGHTED me a replacement no questions asked.

Customer service on the phone is top notch, I agree with the comments about their website. Very difficult to find anything on it.

Got many items from Pinwall.

Always had good service and prompt shipping from them.

Just won a bid on a part a couple of days ago.

Probably will arrive this week.

I just noticed that some of their ebay listing are listed in Navarre, Ohio and some in Massilon, Ohio. Don't know if that complicates anything.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that it seems like most everything Pinwall lists on Ebay has a flaw somewhere? Rips in seats, cracks in plastics, broken tabs, scrapes, faded paint. I would think that when they buy a wrecked bike there would at least be a few good pieces left on it??? Are they keeping the nice stuff for the store and using Ebay as a dumping ground?? Prices always seem to be high too.

Guest scarylarry
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that it seems like most everything Pinwall lists on Ebay has a flaw somewhere? Rips in seats, cracks in plastics, broken tabs, scrapes, faded paint. I would think that when they buy a wrecked bike there would at least be a few good pieces left on it??? Are they keeping the nice stuff for the store and using Ebay as a dumping ground?? Prices always seem to be high too.

I agree seems like a dumping ground, if not in a hurry deals can be had on ebay, I myself hit lucky a few times. I miss a set bag rails for 5.00 more than I bidded for some reason I couldn't go higher since he wanted 20.00 for shipping

They had a fully chromed front fork assembly listed for 399.00 but I noticed flaws in the chrome so I passed. When I spoke to customer service I explained that I needed the fork tubes to be flaw free because I plan on polishing them. Told her they would be useless to me if any markings were on them. When I received them, one had a long dent in it. So much for a straight answer. But since one was in good shape, i'm happy with it. Guess there is some degree of buyer beware when you purchase used parts.

Folks...they are motorcycle salvage. They but totaled bikes from insurance auctions and etc. I've bought some excellent parts from them and always at least 50% cheaper than I could have bought them elsewhere. I would guess that the majority of the plastics, chrome and etc. will have some cosmetic damage but I've gotten some excellent deals from them on items like coils and other items that wouldn't be easily damaged when a bike is totaled.

I have bought from them many of time off ebay , I think 1/3 of my bike is from them , boy am i glad their there , the time i bought a over flow tank and cap , looked almost new in the pic , pad 4.99 plus shipping and got here in 3 days but it was not the same one in the pic and the cap was broken and repaired with black tape , emailed them and the same day got back a email saying " OOPS sorry " and put my money back in paypal even paid back shipping ! and i got to keep the tank ! They # 1 in my book .:thumbsup: