IGNORED

What's Your Pet Peeve?

SilvrT

Idoit drivers that their hand must brush against the turn signal lever as they are turning the wheel! You know, the ones that signal for a lane change AS they are changing lanes!

There is one suburb close to where I live where the general signaling practice appears to be to inform other drivers of a turn just completed, rather than indicating some future intention.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really "irks" me when I walk into the john and up to the urinal to see that some guy had peed all over the floor. I mean... who are these people that can't keep their pee IN the urinal? Do they know they are getting it all over the floor? ...

Related John Wayne joke

This really was the Duke's all-time favorite on himself. It takes place in what was his favorite restaurant, Ambrosia, on Balboa Island, Newport Beach, California where he lived.

As he was having dinner, a distinguished gentleman approached, introducing himself as Dr. William Thompson. "Mr. Wayne," said the doctor, "you have been a hero to me for so many years. It is such a privilege to shake your hand."

"Thanks, Doc," Wayne responded with his famous grin.

The doctor then bent over and said quietly into Wayne's ear, "Mr. Wayne, as a physician I couldn't help noticing that when you went to the men's room a while ago, you came out with your pants leg wet. Mr. Wayne, I really am a fairly prominent physician here in Balboa, and if you have any medical situation, it would an honor for me to treat you at no expense."

Wayne stood up, towering over the doctor. [You now have to stand up.] "Well, Doc, you see, it happens every time. I'm standin' there at the urinal... [you stand with your hands at the appropriate position]... and this feller comes and stands next to me. Then he looks up and says... [you look up in amazement, hands still there, pivot sharply right and shout]... ‘You're John Wayne!'"

Gary

The worst to me is to go into a place of business and have an employee tell me "They Cant Do That". In most cases, yes they can, they just won't do it for one reason or another. Usually asking for their supervisor helps fix things very quickly.

Most of the things mentioned bug me, but I agree with the OP.....the peeing on the floor thing just makes no sense. I can never understand what the major problem is with actually hitting the target.

I have a hunting cabin with an outhouse, and it's a pretty darned nice outhouse. Concrete floor, paneled, heated and ventilated in such a way that there's no objectionable odors, which is pretty rare for an outhouse.

A few years back I was at the cabin with 8 or 10 guys for buck season, and I went in there and it looked like someone took a garden hose to the place. I went off on a rant to the whole crowd. No one fessed up, but I haven't had the problem again.

......Really......how hard is it to keep the pee off the floor????....and if for any reason you have an "accident" of some sort, for goodness sake, clean up after yourself. ( at least if your accident was in my outhouse)

I really hate the folks that wait until the last moment to merge also.....

I feel better now that that's off my chest.....Thanks.

:nanner:

..............how about this for a sign on the wall..................

LADIES...Please be seated during the entire performance

GENTLEMEN...Stand closer, it's further away than you think!!

:thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon:

... or ... We aim to please, you aim too, please!

..............how about this for a sign on the wall..................

LADIES...Please be seated during the entire performance

GENTLEMEN...Stand closer, it's SHORTER than you think!!

:thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon:

...parents who send their progeny to an academic high school instead of a vocational school despite their elementary teacher's recommendation to the contrary.

...parents who think their progeny deserve a 70%, when they actually didn't earn the 55% a teacher "awarded" them only so they wouldn't have to take an elective course for the 3rd time.

...School administrators who placate parents of slug progency by overruling a mark of 55% and subsequently award the 70% that the parents wanted.

...people born English, educated in English, graduated from English language high schools yet they can't write or spell English.

...Ministries of public education that create increasing vague report cards inhibiting teachers to relate the true ability and achievement of high school students.

...taxpayers who think I'm not doing my job.

(HMMM, I wonder if the above 6 peeves are somehow connected!)

...left lane hogs.

...litterbugs.

...people who think gun ownership is the answer to being/feeling safe.

...people who have no sense of how they violate public space with inappropriate sights and sounds.

...fear mongering governments.

...motorcyle companies who make successively poorer performing bikes of the same model line.

...girlfriends who think living rooms shouldn't be used for over hauling motorcycles.

...:crackup:

...summer vacations that are too short!

:fiddle:

Drivers who, even with an acceleration lane, insist on stopping on the entrance ramp and "waiting".....refusing to merge even though there are opportunities to do so.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

AND smokers that seem to think smoking is a license to litter...

Those that pee, don't wash their hands and grab the handle to open the door with their hands. Those that pee, do wash their hands and use the paper towel to grab the handle to open the door. Can't win either way. Need to develop an automatic opening door.

On duty Police Officers that kill a motorcyclist and are walking the streets today. The board states no wrong doing even though he was over 2x the legal BAC limit (and that was after over an hour after the accident). Also several veteran officers that very much knew better didn't follow proper procedure in getting the breathalyzer administered which led to said officer getting off due to a "technicality". Also latest news just before the accident, said officer was messaging about the state fair to another officer on his patrol car laptop while driving (talking about getting ketchup and mustard on his shirt).

Guest RawHide
...parents who send their progeny to an academic high school instead of a vocational school despite their elementary teacher's recommendation to the contrary.

...parents who think their progeny deserve a 70%, when they actually didn't earn the 55% a teacher "awarded" them only so they wouldn't have to take an elective course for the 3rd time.

...School administrators who placate parents of slug progency by overruling a mark of 55% and subsequently award the 70% that the parents wanted.

...people born English, educated in English, graduated from English language high schools yet they can't write or spell English.

...Ministries of public education that create increasing vague report cards inhibiting teachers to relate the true ability and achievement of high school students.

...taxpayers who think I'm not doing my job.

(HMMM, I wonder if the above 6 peeves are somehow connected!)

...left lane hogs.

...litterbugs.

...people who think gun ownership is the answer to being/feeling safe.

...people who have no sense of how they violate public space with inappropriate sights and sounds.

...fear mongering governments.

...motorcyle companies who make successively poorer performing bikes of the same model line.

...girlfriends who think living rooms shouldn't be used for over hauling motorcycles.

...summer vacations that are too short!

:fiddle:

People like you who cant laugh it off and move on, life is short as it is! Nothing personal...just a very long list!

trans plants, or transient Texans, who don't understand that almost ALL Texas highways, have a PAVED shoulder to pull over on, to let traffic pass!!!!!

locals that "haul A$$" to get around you, just to turn off 100 yards in front of you!

people like US who have nothing better to do, than sit around and complain!

lol

just jt

when I travel, I always, plan in advance. I do my bench reading. places on interests. bike shops If I get into trouble. Ill load the bike and trailer, after checking all the tires, and bike out. But what I hate most. is when the wife over thinks, just as were starting down the road, did I pack, this, did I pack that, can we go back.... Thats the worth question, you can as me, CAN WE GO BACK...I Think I forgot something.

I just want to say, get the hell off the bike and walk home. I'm leaving without you......

It just blows my whole trip. and my sate of mind.

IF YOU FORGOT IT TUFF DO DO'S!!!!!!!

People who have to constantly and continuesly make a field day or major issue over someone else's mistake, as though they themselves are perfect.

People who can never say anything good about anyone, but constantly put down everyone around them, again, as though they themselves are perfect.

People who have to constantly and continuesly make a field day or major issue over someone else's mistake, as though they themselves are perfect.

People who can never say anything good about anyone, but constantly put down everyone around them, again, as though they themselves are perfect.

Do tell, I'm dying in wonder........