IGNORED

How do you guys store stuff on an RSV?

I'm loving the new-to-me RSV, but I'm having an issue with storage for my sunglasses, garage door opener ect. I've considered taking the cassette out and turning that space in a storage compartment, but I would also like a set of Ponch's gauges. What are my other options?

I'm loving the new-to-me RSV, but I'm having an issue with storage for my sunglasses, garage door opener ect. I've considered taking the cassette out and turning that space in a storage compartment, but I would also like a set of Ponch's gauges. What are my other options?

I bought a small tank bag from New Enough and it works great for the small stuff and I use it as a camera bag too.

http://www.newenough.com/parts/closeouts/luggage/rapid_transit/big_city_strap_mount_tank_bag.html

Tank bib with small pouch has the garage door opener in it.. A knot of silicone on top of the door button ensures that any time and any where I press on the pouch will activate the switch.. works every time.. doesn't matter if I accidentally activate it whilst away from home, the garage door ain't there ;) Inside that case I keep my phone or spare riding glasses.. (day or nights etc..)

First Aid kit in left saddle bag (red cross on lid to identify it) and comprehensive travel tool kit in the right bag.. and everything I can shove in all bags..

Usually when road tripping it somewhere, I simply spider net a small waterproof duffel bag to the back seat.. Leaves my trunks free for odds and shods..

I don't know about you guys, but my Venture has these things beside the passenger seat surrounding the rear wheel, and another one behind the passenger's backrest that lets me keep stuff in. But, then again, maybe it was just a fancy add-on from the previous owner and I got lucky :stickpoke::stickpoke::witch_brew::witch_brew:

I keep my garage door opener in the pocket of my crash-jacket (which goes on me when I get on the bike - so it is actually a rather convenient arrangement). Sunglasses/clear glasses have a case that goes in the little pouch in the trunk. I try to keep my 'etc' collection to a minimum, but I do have all sorts of extra crap in those fancy crap holders that surround the rear wheel (a few bungee cords, a crap ton of tools, tire plugs, compressor, first aid kit, tire pressure gauge, hand-pump for shocks, portable shower, extra large kitchen sink with garbage disposal attachment... you know the essentials. Okay so obviously not the last two, but the rest is in there).

I wouldn't mind having a bib with a pouch on it... Just can't justify the 50 bucks for the Hopnel one.

Get a 1st Gen. Had storage Pouches on it!! Right in front of your knees!!

I've got a 1st Gen, but the 2nd Gen fits me better. However, I am missing those handy (and ugly) pouches. It's nice to have my sunglasses, etc stored right there close at had. And YES I realize that I have saddlebags and a trunk in the back. :moon: But those aren't very handy when you're sitting at a red light, etc.

I had another option for a garage door opener on my other bike but it required having to pull apart the unit itself. You take the guts out of the case and wrap it up to make it water proof so you can mount it or hide it anywhere on the bike.. You run longer wires from the little micro switch that actuates the signal to another switch that you mount anywhere on your bike.

Originally, I had one under the centre console of the bike, with a small press switch out to the side.. As I rolled up to the driveway I touched it with my left hand and it would work.. out of sight..

The new garage I'm at now came with just one remote unit so that's why I currently have it in my tank bib pouch as a whole unit with a knob on top of it's switch to make it easier to activate when I touch the pouch.. And it has great range.. I can be half way down the street when I press the switch and the door is fully open by the time I roll in.. (quick hehe)

here is a mounting kit

:stickpoke: