IGNORED

Well folks I went and bought a new bike.

Bubber

Well kind of. It is new to me and not so new to the previous owner. It is a 1967 Yamaha 180 cc. I was at my wife's cousin and he had to go out in the country to pick-up a tractor, so I went along. Well we were standing there shooting the breeze and I noticed a MC in the garage. So I asked about it and the guy says they were going to move it to the shed and kind of forget about it. So I am in there looking at it and it rolled back and forth so I wheeled it out into the sun light which it hasn't seen in years. It had been dropped while they were riding it in the yard and bent the handle bars and busted a light other than that it was all there except a side cover and the chain which they located a little latter.

Well after all the dickering and hemming and hawing I ended up buying the bike. I think I may have been taken though the guy I was negotiating with, well it wasn't his first rodeo that is for sure. He was in his 80's and had been around. Well I opened my wallet and negotiated that last little bit I could befor I paid him. I hope I didn't over pay to much. Is $22.00 to much?? :crying::crying::crying: CASH TOO!

My brother-in-law thinks I overpaid and got snookered and he is always right, just ask him.

Dang I hate that when that happens. :yikes:

Oh well something to fool with this winter.

pictures....

so where are the pictures?

2stroke or 4 stroke?

1 cyl or 2 cyl

street or trail?

Since I took the car to her cousins I didn't have a way to haul it back so her cousin is dropping it off on his way to go deer hunting in Wisconsin on Nov 17th.

Here is what I know (and not for sure)

2 cyl

2 cycle

180 cc

what I remember the pipes are high and there was a skid plate.

I tried to look it up on the internet and they had way to many designations back then. I think it is a YR1 (maybe) YL1 ???? It was confusing and they all looked pretty much alike. It for sure is a 180cc.

chrome fenders frt and back

long tank with a rubber pad on the side with Yamaha name plate.

tail light was high

key was in the headlight bucket side

handle bars had a bar across the bars from one side to the other.

everyting else is a blurr.:ignore:

Bubber

There was only one designation in 67 for that engine size. It should be a YCS1 Bonanza 180. NADA gives a range of $550 in fair condition up to $1925 in excellent condition. Sounds like you made a good deal.

Here is some info on the bike

http://classic-motorbikes.net/gallery~yamaha-ycs1-gallery

and here is a metric butt-ton of pics

We'll be lookin' forward to you ridin' into WI Maint Day on that next year.:cool10::stickpoke:

Heck, if you can't get her going by then, it looks like it would lay in yer tear drop trailer and you could haul it over behind the RSV and we could help you out.:banana:

Have fun fixin' her up Bubber.:thumbsup2::080402gudl_prv:

Later, Scooter Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Well my 3rd Gen :missingtooth: arrived today! Courtesy of my wife's cousin, Wes.

I guess now I have something to play with this winter.

It turns out the title says it is a 69 CS1.

It is a 180cc twin two stroke.

Any body got parts for this dinosaur?

handle bars

front blinker lens

manual would help too.

others I am sure.

the blinker lenses, yes, the handlebars no.\\the manual, no.

however i am sure i could locate the bars.

mike

Shout me a PM and I will see just what it is that I must have.

I am going to try to straighten the bars this weekend. That will help, then clean it up to see just what it is that I have.

A manual would be real neat to have! :missingtooth: