IGNORED

A challenge has been issued..............

DragonRider

While we were in the parking lot at St. Jude Hospital awaiting our tour guides, a gentleman who came with somone from Ala. approached me and issued a challenge. He was with the North Alabama Riders, which used to be a GWRR chapter. They have seperated themselves from GWRR and have formed a seperate group of wing riders. They wanted to know if we would accept the challenge that they could raise more money for St. Jude than Ventureriders. I didnt hesitate one moment and accepted it, because I know that we are up to the challenge, and second part of the challenge is that they would have not only more donations but more riders coming to St. Jude next year.............I have stepped out in faith on both parts and accepted it knowing full well that we are up to it........

So I am hoping some of the folks who will be hosting rallies, meet and eats and anything else they can do, will to step up to the plate and help us out. We have one year to fullfill this challenge and I am already tossing some ideas around for what I can do at Vogel.

Know that this year with some help from many members we were able to raise almost $1900.00 and this was a year where we did not have a Tail of the Dragon @ Vogel to boost the tally, so next year I plan on at least doubling the amount that was raised by my effort.

Right now Venturerider.org has rasied a grand total of $12,376.00 over 5 years.

If you have any ideas for me or want to throw your hat in the ring, please let me know so I can start a list of who is doing what, I want to be able to document and keep a record of who is doing what. I am also hoping that those who organize something will be able to show up at St. Jude next year and deliver their donations in person instead of me or someone else being responsible for all the donations.

:mo money::mo money::mo money:

I am also Partner in Hope.............I think we just ought to keep it to what is collected and delivered to St. Jude next year............

Lewis, will get with you a little later. Have a couple of things We're thinking about.Question; If you are allready a partner in hope would this also count or just what is collected?

Wes, I have tried that approach in the past, I got donations, but none for a $1.00, you are right, that would amount to a lot of money. I am willing to take them any way I can get them.

Lewis,

How would it work if we just asked each member(according to his ability and inclination) to send you a cash donation? Just think if each of us sent you just $1.00... :178:

Don, they said at one of there drives they netted...............over $18,000.00!!!!!

Thats right..........not 1800.00 but $18,000.00. But can they do it again, and I dont know if that was with the GW assoc. or thier smaller North Ala. Riders Group. Of course they mentioned this after I accepted the challenge.................:bang head::bang head::bang head:

Well I'm proud of you but...uh...any idea how much THEY raised. :)

I am up to the challenge though.

Don, they said at one of there drives they netted...............over $18,000.00!!!!!

Thats right..........not 1800.00 but $18,000.00. But can they do it again, and I dont know if that was with the GW assoc. or thier smaller North Ala. Riders Group. Of course they mentioned this after I accepted the challenge.................:bang head::bang head::bang head:

"They said" don't mean a hill of beans to me !!!!!.......

Anybody can say that..........

Trust me I work for the city all talk and no show!!!!!!!!!

Lou

Will be sending you my dollar and then some when I get paid next week!!....... I stepped up so who else will? :happy34:.......

Can I recommend something guys? If you want to raise money through paypal and want the money designated to a specific cause like St Judes you should set up a bank account separate from your personal funds. making an email is easy, so is a bank account, and paypal is too. You can setup a paypal account that accepts donations only and therefore doesn't charge fees. Just a suggestion from someone who organizes fundraisers.

Tricia

So what are the rules of engagement? What constitutes an allowable contribution, are funds contributed directly to St. Jude's by our members included? What else is includes, or excluded for that matter? What is the official start date? Was the guy there to make a donation or did he just happen to be there and they have been collection funds for the last year? What is the cut off day? Who determines who the winner is? Is there an allowance for organization size and if so are we talking active members, supporting members or total members? What are the spoils and what are the penalties?

Just thought I'd throw out some questions. :confused24:

As far as we discussed, it is funds brought to St. Jude next year and presented there.

The group was invited by a VR member.

Start is today, cut off is next years ride date, not set at this time, but should be about the same time as this years ride.

The winner is determined by highest total of donation and who has the largest amount of riders there.

Anybody can contribute, dont have to be a member.

no penalties............just bragging rights, I will discuss a prize or some sort from the looser.

So what are the rules of engagement? What constitutes an allowable contribution, are funds contributed directly to St. Jude's by our members included? What else is includes, or excluded for that matter? What is the official start date? Was the guy there to make a donation or did he just happen to be there and they have been collection funds for the last year? What is the cut off day? Who determines who the winner is? Is there an allowance for organization size and if so are we talking active members, supporting members or total members? What are the spoils and what are the penalties?

Just thought I'd throw out some questions. :confused24:

WOW!! I was surprised to hear that someone who I invited to this event issued a challenge like that! I had no prior knowledge of his intent to do that. I would rather have seen the NARR join in with the Ventureriders and see how much we could raise together but since the challenge has already been issued and accepted I will have to work with it that way. I do believe that Jimmie may be a little over optimistic about our fund raising ability since the NARR only has about 35 members but we will see what we can do. I for one am proud to be a member of both groups and will step up and say that I will double what I contributed this year and it will be split evenly between the two organizations. As long as this deal is kept friendly and we don't lose sight of what is really the goal which is helping these kids recieve the help that they need I will be happy to help either side in any way possible. I believe that the 18000 dollar figure must have been the Goldwingers deal and that was way before I joined either group. Now, let me tell you folks a little bit about the NARR. This is a very close group of folks who share both a love of motorcycles and a great fondness for fellowship and good times. We have only one rule and that is " there are no rules". Like a lot of other small groups, we hang out and enjoy each others company as often as possible and we welcome anyone who wants to share in those good times. No invitation is ever needed, just show up and have fun! We normally donate to a local charity at the end of every year but I think I know where that donation will go this year! Let's get this thing started and see what we can all do for this very good cause!

Murph, please send me his email addy so I can correspond with him and maybe set some kind of loose rules and maybe a trophy of some sort to the winners............

Thanks for bringing him, no offense was taken, and we love a challenge her at VR.

WOW!! I was surprised to hear that someone who I invited to this event issued a challenge like that! I had no prior knowledge of his intent to do that. We have only one rule and that is " there are no rules". Like a lot of other small groups, we hang out and enjoy each others company as often as possible and we welcome anyone who wants to share in those good times. No invitation is ever needed, just show up and have fun! We normally donate to a local charity at the end of every year but I think I know where that donation will go this year! Let's get this thing started and see what we can all do for this very good cause!

Lew,

One thing in the loose rules I would like to see is members donating. I could get 40 people that aren't members of this website to donate to St. Judes and count them as a donation from me. I love a challenge, but I dont trust many folks. Thats not meant as a slam against them, but 'd like to see it on the up and up.

I think it's an awsome idea, and I really hope that this gent is prepared for his challenge. Me thinks that he might have judged by the size of the group there this year of our commitment.....he might be in for quite a surprize :whistling:

Lew,

One thing in the loose rules I would like to see is members donating. I could get 40 people that aren't members of this website to donate to St. Judes and count them as a donation from me.

Sorry Squid but I disagree.

If someone from this group sponsors a meet and eat...or a day ride with an entry "donation", has a raffle, bingo, dinner, or goes door to door and convinces 40 people that aren't members of this website to donate...it is STILL thru the efforts of that member, and this group, that the donations were aquired.

Othewise it would be nothing more than a membership numbers game. The group with the largest membership would probably take it home.

BUT.....by opening it up to just the bottom line...how much TOTAL the group raises...it allows for more creativity, and hopefully, more funds donated.