ToyOdie

Yesterday I went ou to run some erands and the bike was feeling great. On the way home apperantly I took the turn into my sub-division a little sharper than I ususlly do and it finally happened. I drug the right floorboard. :yikes: In all the years I have been riding I've never had anything on the ground except the tires and my feet. It sure did get my attention. The scraping sound sent chills up my spine and I think my heart skipped a beat. Now I know what the limit is on my bike and what to expect when it happens.:thumbsup2:

Thats why there are scrape strips on the bottom of your boards. When I only run 10 lbs of air in the shock I tend to scrape the boards often in the twisties. At 40- 50 lbs I never do. Don't worry about the scrape,( on clean dry pavement that is) the bike is just telling you thats about as far as you want to lean!

Only done it on a right hander a couple of times but back in may I was running hwy 32 outside of Gatlinburg and was hittin the left one in almost every turn. Got to be a lot of fun to see how far over I could lean it ! The Avons will really stick and I don't think I was ever close to breakin em loose

Guest scarylarry
Only done it on a right hander a couple of times but back in may I was running hwy 32 outside of Gatlinburg and was hittin the left one in almost every turn. Got to be a lot of fun to see how far over I could lean it ! The Avons will really stick and I don't think I was ever close to breakin em loose

Ok it is coming :stirthepot:

I hung my bells on the frame just lower than the point that the floorboards scrape. Rose calls it the early warning bell, so she knows when we are going to scrape and it does not startle her. I do have to change bells more often. Rod