IGNORED

Suggestion to Cover my scooter

VentureBob

I keep my 05 scoot on the carport covered. I use to have the Yamaha cover. That was a big waste of money. Recently I purchased from Walmart their largest bike cover and carried it with me on vacation. It kept my bike dry in the rain (since it did rain 4 out of 7 days). It completely covered the bike but left the back of the pipes exposed. I think it might completely cover yours. If not satisfied, carry it back to Walmart for a refund! The price was around $20 if I remember correctly. At that price I can buy one every year and still save money over what the Yamaha cover cost me... plus keep the bike cleaner.

When I lived up north, and I had to let my bike sit over the winter, I would put a good coat of wax all over the paint and chrome, then take the wax off in the spring. Seems to help keep the moisture off, and protect the surfaces.

If you do the above mentioned items, that is a great start, but i wanted a cover as well. I shopped ebay for covers as it seems quite a few vendors sell there. I picked out the 3 that caught my eye and then googeled all of them. I wound up with a Champion cover and it came with a lock and cable. it also had the bungee cords for keeping the cover on the bike. it had the all around re-enforced lower part for heat protection. it has a soft liner for the windshield. it has 2 covered spot with vents for breathing. nice nylon kind of material. it folds up and fits in a nifty bag that it about the size of an overgrown thermos. also is the elastic band in the bottom so it does hold tight to the bike. I let the bike cool down before i put the cover on just to make the heat part last.

paid about 35 bux includin shipment

Last fall I purchased an 83 VR and with winter approaching, thought I'd better get something to cover her, and fast. I researched a bit and found on the New Enough web site, the answer. I ordered a NelsonRigg Falcon Defender 2000 cover in XXL. The cover is weather proof. I have a fabric seat on mine and needed something to keep it from getting wet. Long story short, ordered the cover and received it in about 3 days put it on her and that night we had our first snow. If you go to the New Enough website and go to the page with that cover and scroll down you will find a list and pics of happy customers, my 83 with cover and snow is on there!

Hope this helps.:missingtooth:

Hi folks, this will be my first winter with my '85 VR and I don't have a garage to store her in. I do have a carport and would like to by a good cover. Any suggestions?

There's an Ebay seller 'Mike's Covers' that makes a HD cover. It's US made and made to stand up to the elements. Sells for $65.95. I'm about ready to order a couple and see how they rate. Most of the Chinese Covers sold on Ebay are nothing more than a dust covers or overnighters. Same goes for the covers sold at Wally World. They're from China too. It doesn't make sense to by the cheapest cover you can find to protect $5,000-$10,000 dollar investment. From experience those light nylon covers are a waste of money.

Build yourself a lean-too or a make-shift crate. Set a low wattage bulb inside to draw out the moisture like in a chicken coop. I set a light in my boats bilge (motor compartment), set on a thermostat. It has helped tremendously to reduce rust and weatherization. Plus the added security.

BEER30

I have no garage/carport to protect the Wee Beastie so I bought a small greenhouse from Tractor Supply. Opaque white "tarp" walls, 6x8 with zipper doors in both ends. Ride it in and out, large enough that nothing touches the bike so hot pipes are not a problem. Big enough that I can do some work on it even when it's raining. Very easy to assemble and tie down. $200+/- for this one on sale. Mfg. has larger sizes available if this one won't fit a RSV. I'll have to get one of the guys to stop by and see if one will fit. Hopefully will save me having to buy a new one when I get my RSV.

I'd use a cover but the local spider population likes them too darn much [i live out in the country]. Had one mechanic threaten to charge me for the can of insecticide he needed to get the ones that came out of my old scooter after it had spent a few weeks under it's cover when the job was keeping me from going out on it.

I'm a little strange sometimes. But I get the best water proof yet breathable cover I can.

Two reasons: 1) I like to cover my bike when traveling at night when staying in a Motel, so no one can see what bike is there and will steal the uncovered Harley in the next spot.

2nd) Most of the time I love to camp and carry a tent, but on days I've spent more time sight seeing and have to ride into the night I'll through my sleeping bag inside the cover and get my beauty sleep. Works well and have thought about carrying 2 covers, a light weight for the bike and the good one for sleeping. Try to stay in camp grounds with faculities so things are good.

That's my way.

Hi folks, this will be my first winter with my '85 VR and I don't have a garage to store her in. I do have a carport and would like to by a good cover. Any suggestions?

There's an Ebay seller 'Mike's Covers' that makes a HD cover. It's US made and made to stand up to the elements. Sells for $65.95. I'm about ready to order a couple and see how they rate.

Condor, let me know how that turns out. I went to Wallyworld and they were out of stock on the XXL covers. I still have a few weeks before needing the cover and I can always order the one fro NewEnough for a few just a few bucks more.

:mo money: It's getting harder and harder keeping my wife convinced this is an

inexpensive hobby.

Condor, let me know how that turns out. I went to Wallyworld and they were out of stock on the XXL covers. I still have a few weeks before needing the cover and I can always order the one fro NewEnough for a few just a few bucks more.

:mo money: It's getting harder and harder keeping my wife convinced this is an

inexpensive hobby.

I have an alligator infestation going on and haven't even called yet. Around here things don't get nasty until after the first of the year. So go ahead and pick up the one from New Enuff.... I'll let everyone know down the road a bit....

I just got back from wally world with the 20 dollor cover and a bottle of startron. The cover is better made than the last one I got from them. Not much but a little better. Its a good deal for 20 bucks imho. I wanted to try this startron stuff too. If it does what they say its a bargain, because of the low dose you use.

If the funds allow... I highly reccomend this product.

I do not have a carport...and this is my storage solution for the winter.

With the last set of rain that blew threw last nite in PA (several inches) and heavy winds (tornado watches / warnings ...whatever they mean)...not an issue.

Snow...just blow off every few inches when snowing (6inches or more can be supported without knocking off)

A bit pricey....but it is AWESOME!

http://cycleshell.com/