IGNORED

question about insurance

Hummingbird

Have you tried Geico or Progressive,,, I have Geico on both of the Trikes, at $575 for a year combined value at 45K. Worth a call to either. I had Foremost before and it was $6?? per year for the same coverage for just the Gold Wing...........

Progressive and Geico can be a little cheaper, however make sure you check the coverage. They both quoted me around $100 a year however when I brought all the coverage amounts up to match Allstate they were about $100 a year more than Allstate. Allstate also gives you a real good discount for MSF course and another discount if you belong to a MC Club. I think several others do too. Alot of it depends on your driving record too.

Ive been using Geico now for about 4 years. The rates actually were lower this past year. I had Progressive and thats just what happened. My rates progressively went up every year.

I have Allstate for everything else. They actually quoted me a cheaper price then Geico but when I went to switch over the price was higher because my credit report changed. What changed? I bought a car and financed it. I also insured it with Allstate.....go figure. There doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason when it comes to rates across the US. Same vehicles and coverages will cost different amounts in different areas.

Bottom line..I like Geico

I would call an independent agent that represents more than one company and get them to check the rates with all their companies. First though you need to determine what coverages you want and need and then get the rates. I am biased to dealing with an agent because over the years I have had so many cases where, as an agent, I had to intervene on behalf of a customer and get them a better settlement than what was offered. When you deal with GEICO or any other company over the phone or internet the person you buy from is paid to sell and you will never see or talk to them again. I find they will tell you anything or leave off coverages to have a low rate and make the sell. A local agent knows you can walk in and see him or her face to face so they are less likely to tell you anything to make a sell. Also remember the lowest rate is not always the best. If you have a claim and you don't have the proper coverage or you can't get help the lowest rate won't be the best. One more thing. An independent agent is not an employee of the company so they can be your advocate and the company can't fire them. With a company employee, even if the employee doesn't feel you are being treated fairly they can't say anything without the risk of being fired. I've seen agents that were employees of a company complain about a claim and the company telling them, "You get paid to sell not handle claims."

Try Dairyland Ins co. Cheaper than all those.

THE LOWEST OF THE INSURANCE SCUM!! These are real Low Life S O B's They will not stand behind their policies and refuse to pay what they are required to pay without major fight!! I was ran over by guy with this and it took over 4 yrs to get paid for my bike. I got stuck with over 100,000 in medical bills. Give me 60 seconds in a dark room with any of these creatains and thay can pay their own medical bills!!

Just my personal opinion.

I have basic liablilty......just on the 83 VR...one bike....no fire/theft, no collision, no comprehensive...just to pay everybody else....and it was STILL almost $700/year in Ontario!

(in Ontario) I used to use Cooperators for my 99 Virago 1100 and paid about $1200 / year. Switched to Riders Plus and it dropped to low $800's for the same coverage. The 09 Venture costs me $900 / yr.

I should have posted that Geico tried to low-ball me.( not at all what you think Darrin )

The lady I spoke to on the phone came up with $235 a year and wanted my credit card number to get started. When I questioned it being half of what I pay now she said then that we should maybe check my driving record.

I had a speeding ticket in June 2008 and a minor accident in Feb 2008 ( not a good year )

All of a sudden my prime rate went up to almost $600 a year. I said thanks and goodbye.

When I spoke to Brush Insurance

443 Main St

Wellsville, OH 43968-1685

(330) 532-3751

he reps several company's, I told him about the incidents and he came back in about an hour with the $295 figure. He said the incidents were forgiven after 2 years with American Modern.

It might be worth a phone call if anybody else here needs another quote.

Dont get us Canucks going on the insurance thing! 259 a year!:95:

From reading http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53177... I don't feel so bad about the Canadian Insurance companies now. Yes, we pay a lot and it keeps going up every year but any claim I've done in the past has gone thru quickly and without any aggravation to me.

Time will tell how well our "new" insurance set-up works up here but I've never had to go thru a lawyer to get paid out by the insurance company. Plus... with our health care, it doesn't cost you anything for the hospital.

ediddy... yes we pay for our hospital coverage thru taxes... but I'd rather not get hit with medical bills or having insurance companies cancel coverage when you get sick.

Now if you want to start talking weather.... having a 6 month riding season isn't long enough !

I have my bike insured through Geico. My rate for full coverage for my 08 Venture and liability for my wifes Virago 1100 is $325.00/yr. Can't argue with the rates. I was involved in an accident Aug 31st. They responded quickly and looked at the bike in the towing yard. They towed it to a repair shop of my choice to get a repair quote. I just got the quote back yesterday. It was for $12862.00. Geico is suppose to meet with the repair shop today and go over the quote. If they don't try to nit pick the quote down, the bike should be totaled....which I want the bike to be totaled!!! They have told me over the phone that the repair cost has to be around 90% of the value of the bike to total. I don't like that figure. For automobiles, around 50% considers a bike totaled. Maybe I'll see later on today and I'll let you know what Geico does.