IGNORED

Neat camera that may work on Cycle....

Godlover

I have 2 of those and they work really well. The video is pretty high quality but you need a video converter program if you want to save the video to a CD or DVD (or even e-mail). There's a free program you can download that works well...Any Video Converter.

I'm game. Just ordered one. Been looking for something other that using my good camera. For that price......what ya got to lose?

And I'm ahead of the game anyway. I bought a wrong SD card a while back. Looks like I got a use for it now.

Gonna be a lot of video posts in the near future me tinks.

Mike

I'm game. Just ordered one. Been looking for something other that using my good camera. For that price......what ya got to lose?

And I'm ahead of the game anyway. I bought a wrong SD card a while back. Looks like I got a use for it now.

Gonna be a lot of video posts in the near future me tinks.

Mike

Thats right. I'm waiting to post my next exciting ride thru the death defying twisties between here and the Walmart.:Cool_cool36:

Wait

I paid $13 for it on ebay... Looks like they are only about $10 now.

I have one and it works great outdoors.

Link to Ebay Ads: (or just look for MD80 Video Camera)

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=md80+camera&_sacat=0&LH_BIN=1&_odkw=md80&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

This was velcroed in my helmet, not a great example because it was raining and there is rain over the lens

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTXKjXkBkDs]YouTube - Rainy Day Ride[/ame]

This is how I mounted mine from this guys idea...

He has sample video at about 2:50 & 3:40 also, and it looks a lot better than through my rainy helmet lens... It is VERY well worth the $13 I paid for it .. $7 for the camera and $6 for shipping. I bought it to attach to a RC plane but have just used it for all sorts of weird things... I even fell off the boat with it (it has a lanyard included) and killed another camera and my cell phone but this el-cheapo thing still works.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxZsckWZOAQ]YouTube - CHEAP HELMET CAMERA -MD 80[/ame]

He has sample video at about 2:50 & 3:40 also, and it looks a lot better than through my rainy helmet lens... It is VERY well worth the $13 I paid for it .. $7 for the camera and $6 for shipping. I bought it to attach to a RC plane but have just used it for all sorts of weird things... I even fell off the boat with it (it has a lanyard included) and killed another camera and my cell phone but this el-cheapo thing still works.

I hope you had it turned on will post the vid......

Does it hurt very much clamped to your right nostril like that?:rotfl:

Wait

I paid $13 for it on ebay... Looks like they are only about $10 now.

I have one and it works great outdoors.

Link to Ebay Ads: (or just look for MD80 Video Camera)

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=md80+camera&_sacat=0&LH_BIN=1&_odkw=md80&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Thats a great price , but for $29.99 with the sd card included its about the same. The price for the one I found on ebay was $9.99 without the card. The venom ones like the original post were about $60 on abay

David

I hope you had it turned on will post the vid......

I WISH! I was leaned over in the front using the trolling motor and bumped a piling and lost my balance... Grabbed the piling and I was wrapped around this barnacle encrusted thing... and just slid straight down, I still have scars on my legs..... but dang, I bet it looked hilarious! and I'm sure I would have laughed had I seen it :)

Yamaduck:

I don't have such a gifted olfactory appendage as this fellow... it never touched my nose... I just couldn't ever find any other god place to put it.

Got mine yesterday. Tried it out today only to find out it doesn't work with Windows 7. ^%&%! Does anyone know the company website so I can see if they have an updated driver.

Sure it does. Use the existing driver but before you install anything for it make the software/drivers run in 'compatibility' mode via XP (or Vista if you want a headache).

That ought to do it.

Sure it does. Use the existing driver but before you install anything for it make the software/drivers run in 'compatibility' mode via XP (or Vista if you want a headache).

That ought to do it.

I'm not sure how to do that. It doesn't come with a cd to download the drivers the drivers automatically download when you plug the camera into the USB drive. :confused24:

I'm not sure how to do that. It doesn't come with a cd to download the drivers the drivers automatically download when you plug the camera into the USB drive. :confused24:

Well you're right it does work with Windows 7. I don't know why it told me it wasn't compatible before. I just plugged it in again and it worked fine. I just tried it out in the house with the room lights on and it worked great. :sign woo hoo:

Ok, still trying to figure out the compression ratio to do the vids but I got a couple of still captures to post.

The deal is this. With the bike off, or low idle the picture is great. Better than I expected.

But......once the bike is starting to ramp up on the revs I start getting a wave in the signal as you can see in the pics.

Now....I just had it strapped (firmly) to the top of my switch panel on the left controls. I got hot wires in there......or......in my mind the culprit is the fact I do not run resistor spark plugs. I have new resistor caps and wires....but no resistor plugs.

Imput please.

Any thoughts.....

Anybody else running into this?

Mike