IGNORED

Oh deer!

Gary N.

I had a real close call this afternoon. I was on a back road heading home after having lunch with some friends. I looked down at my dash for a second and before I could say OH S**T! a deer came out of a corn field and ran across the road so close that I think I could have touched it. I didn't see it until it was right at the center line. Didn't even have time to react.

A guy that I know came into work on crutches the other day. Of course, I asked what had happened. He and his wife were riding down the road when a deer appeared in front of him. He tried to swerve and miss it, and at the same time he stuck his left leg out to try to push the deer out of the way. It totalled his bike and broke his leg, but he was able to ride home.

Other than that, they were both OK.

Only 3 more days till its open season on dem buggers here.

I have a lot of room in the freezer and plan to do my share to reduce the herd.

For me, deer are deer, I don't got any good recipes for antlers (you can marinate and/or boil those antlers for days and they are still tough) so I take what ever shows up.

About 20 years ago when my bike was new I took a trip up the Blue Ridge Parkway with some friends. When we were in slow traffic I saw some movement on the right side and looked over to see a black bear running staight toward me. The traffic was so heavy I had nowhere to go so all I could do was break and the bear ran between me and my friend in front of me, crossed the road and ran allong the opposite side for about 50 yards and dashed into the woods. After my mind grabbed ahold of what just happened I had an adrenaline rush so bad I could hardly ride for 20 minutes. All I could think was I was glad I was not on the menu at the time and I breaked in time not to hit him because I would of pissed him off and he might have stopped for a snack. When we stopped my friend in front of me said he missed the whole thing and didn't see the bear at all. The other guy behind me said he thought the bear was going after me and wondered what he was going to say to my family. That sucker was way bigger than me and my 90 VR .

buck or doe? if it was a buck you shouldve been able to get a good look at the rack.....

It was a big dumb doe. It was really moving. Probably scared it with my loud music.

Gary, only a couple weeks away and we will get revenge. My first arrow will have "with love from Gary" on it, just for you.

Hal

Thanks Hal, hope you get one. :rudolf:

(Quote) Yep that'll make go home and changer your shorts...:whistling:

Sure glad you didnt play tag with the deer. The deer seem to always win at that game, and some deer play a little "rougher" then others.

Just glad your OK and hope to see you again soon :thumbsup2: