IGNORED

Quick question

SevenFour

I currently ride a 2008 GW.

http://www.stopngo.com shows a hose that supposedly connects to the GW compressor for the shocks that allows airing up a flat tire. Any one know anything about this? Where is the connection located? How difficult to make? Seems to me that it would be much nicer to carry one of the hoses rather than a mini-compressor. On the web site select motorcycle, then scroll a little past half way down to see the item. There is a six foot hose and a ten foot hose. Any idea if the six foot one gives plenty of reach for both tires?

Thanks for any thoughts. :fingers-crossed-emo

Mel

I think you are referring to the GL1500...not the newer GL1800

I know of no compressor on the GL1800s. :confused24:

The front suspension doesn't have air adjustment and the rear uses an electrically activated hydraulic pre-load adjustment instead of the old air shock system.

This compressor you speak of may be an added on board accessory to the 1800...I have seen a few 1800's with an air chuck mounted in the trunk and a hose coiled up in a side bag ready for use if needed..this mod was done by the owner and was not standard equipment.

I think you are referring to the GL1500...not the newer GL1800

I know of no compressor on the GL1800s. :confused24:

The front suspension doesn't have air adjustment and the rear uses an electrically activated hydraulic pre-load adjustment instead of the old air shock system.

This compressor you speak of may be an added on board accessory to the 1800...I have seen a few 1800's with an air chuck mounted in the trunk and a hose coiled up in a side bag ready for use if needed..this mod was done by the owner and was not standard equipment.

Thats what I was thinking..I just did a quick search and the supply to adjust the shock is hydraulic.

I once tried to use the on board compressor to inflate a tire on my old 1500. Don't go there.

It is sooooooooo pathetic it would have taken an hour to get over 20 lbs......

Buy a 12v compressor at WalMart. They are much faster (though still slower than a large air compressor) and don't take up that much room.

Thanks guys for the answers. I read the book once, but didn't remember the system. I most often ride solo and like a soft ride so the preload stays on zero. The idea looked promising, but I wondered if it worked what the pressure output would be. I think I am back to looking at mini-compressors.

Thanks again--to everyone except Alan (wkboard). What good is a Venture rider friend who knows nothing about Goldwings? icon10.gif

Mel

Thanks guys for the answers. I read the book once, but didn't remember the system. I most often ride solo and like a soft ride so the preload stays on zero. The idea looked promising, but I wondered if it worked what the pressure output would be. I think I am back to looking at mini-compressors.

Thanks again--to everyone except Alan (wkboard). What good is a Venture rider friend who knows nothing about Goldwings? icon10.gif

Mel

HMMMM! What should I say???

I thought I'd be nice and bump it back up to the top so some of the other "TRAITORS" could maybe help ya !!!!!

Pretty soon we'll have to change the name to VentureWingers or WingahaVentures.

HMMMM! What should I say???

I thought I'd be nice and bump it back up to the top so some of the other "TRAITORS" could maybe help ya !!!!!

:rotf::rotf:.. heck thought I would bump it back and do the same..(Bump...)...:rotf: