IGNORED

whats my 08 tour deluxe worth?

bj66

I was calling around to various dealers to see if there were any late season deals to be had. One of which was a local HD dealer. He said he would do some checking around because they have independent dealers come in and buy the traded metric bikes. Miy tour deluxe is an 08 blue/black with 9700 miles on it right now. I told him aftermarket pipes,radio,driving lights, and Bakup seat rest all go along with stock pipes. He said hed make some calls. Boy he must have speed dial, cause it was 5 minutes and he called back. after checking around (im guessing maybe one dealer, or maybe just picking a number out of the air) he said the Yamaha dealer would give him 4 grand, but hed throw in an xtra grand. I kept my temper and was civil. I told him he was way off and that it wasnt even close to book value. He told me the dealer told him that it was a dead horse. I told him that the dead horse was gonna sit in the garage and rot before id do business with him.....but i was polite.

You go by book value and 40% on accessories. Go to ebay and jaxed.com to get a good idea of what they are asking for them around the country. 08 should book around 10500. you get nothing really for accessories better off to remove and sell separate.

Keeping your cool is commendable! The HD folks treat us guys with the good bikes like red-headed step kids. Your bike should be worth more than twice that figure. Look on website.....http://www.NADAGuides.com.... follow the steps and it will give you some accurate figures. Good luck! better to sell on craigs list or find a bike shop that takes consignments and will sell for a small fee, usually $150 to $200.:thumbsup2:

I know what you are saying about the book value. I just figured id check em out and see. I knew I would get low balled from them but I didnt quite expect em to be that bad. And hear in South Dakota right now is probly not the best time to trade anyway. No dealer wants to carry a trade in over the winter. Buying new right now cash outright might work with end of season deals. But our riding season up here is going to end in about another month or so

WOW!

I got a lot more than that for my 1100 V STAR here in MI. for trade in but i didnt go to the HD dealer but did go to two honda dealers and both gave me the same tradein

but the one i bought from gave me a much better deal:mo money:

I talked to a Victory dealer today, he seemed willing to deal. Waiting to hear back from him. He wants to do some checking on things first. And the wing dealer seemed willing to work as well. Mind you both places havent seen my bike either. And I am not saying I have to get rid of my deluxe either, Id just like a full fairing. The wing I am not sure of. Not sure on the riding position/footpegs. And my wife doesnt ride like I thought she would. So that is a big bike for just a solo ride. But it would be nice. The victory would be a cross country, not the spaceship vision. I like that too. I dont think I would want a venture. Future resale on a wing would be better than a venture I think. I have yet to check out a kaw voyager. But I know a dealer there too

I road-tested an '03 Wing at a Honda dealer's about a week ago. They were asking $12,999. While I was out, they checked my scoot over and upon return, offered me 5 grand for it on a trade-in. Told 'em they were only 1/2 of what I expected. They tried to tell me the Yammi shop was selling new RSV's for $14,000. Don't think so, I said, thanked them for their time and left... to the Yammi shop where they have a new '09 RSV...for $17,900.

It was obvious they really didn't want my trade.

Street value on your TD is $7000-$7500. Trade in is a tad less than $7000 and no dealer is going to give that. It's nice to point a finger at other listings for much more.... but they're sitting and not selling... In this economy if anyone pays any more than the trade in value they've been hiding under a rock for the last 2 years. Any dealer that does give you full blown trade in, you better believe that what he's selling is going to be full blown retail. It's all in the difference, and the lower the better to reduce the sales tax. My :2cents:

I road-tested an '03 Wing at a Honda dealer's about a week ago. They were asking $12,999. While I was out, they checked my scoot over and upon return, offered me 5 grand for it on a trade-in. Told 'em they were only 1/2 of what I expected. They tried to tell me the Yammi shop was selling new RSV's for $14,000. Don't think so, I said, thanked them for their time and left... to the Yammi shop where they have a new '09 RSV...for $17,900.

It was obvious they really didn't want my trade.

We had a similar experience about a six weeks ago. Decided we liked our paid for RSV even more. Our bikes don't seem to hold high resale value, oh well. We didn't buy it for resale, we bought it to ride, and that we do!

:Venture:

I test rode a new Wing at a Honda/Yamaha dealer, and they offered me around 5,500 for my '05 RSTD.

If you get a good offer on your trade, they are making it back on the price they charge for the ride you're buying.

They aren't going to sink a lot of money into something they don't want.

Keep in the mind the dealer taking your trade-in has to compete with craigslist/ebay when he sells it. Want to know what its worth? Do a nationwide search on Craigslist. Disregard the high listings at NADA or KBB. Ebay look at sold listings (you need to be logged in to do that). There has been a 2006 RSTD Midnight for sale on the Fort Myers Craigslist, low miles. Started at $7500, when to $7300, now at $6999. One owner, hasn't sold its been on for at least three months.

Do a google search on Royal Star Tour deluxe and the posts about the whine show up. THis doesn't help resale either. These are great bikes, People that have them love them, but people who don't have them, don't buy them.

RSTDdog

I talked to a Victory dealer today, he seemed willing to deal. Waiting to hear back from him. He wants to do some checking on things first. And the wing dealer seemed willing to work as well. Mind you both places havent seen my bike either. And I am not saying I have to get rid of my deluxe either, Id just like a full fairing. The wing I am not sure of. Not sure on the riding position/footpegs. And my wife doesnt ride like I thought she would. So that is a big bike for just a solo ride. But it would be nice. The victory would be a cross country, not the spaceship vision. I like that too. I dont think I would want a venture. Future resale on a wing would be better than a venture I think. I have yet to check out a kaw voyager. But I know a dealer there too

Just put a fairing on the RSTD and keep it. It's hardly broke in. Check out mine with the fairing.

http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41001&highlight=started+project

I've had my 08 RSTD forsale for a week here and on Craigslist for $8000 and not even a spam email about it. Maybe I should have put it up forsale in April when I bought the RSV. I was torn about selling it, so it won't bother me to wax it up and put it in the garage for the winter and ride it once a month to keep it fresh.

The RSTD is a superior machine to any of the Yamaha Vtwins in my opinion. Maybe the used market will catch on.