IGNORED

Opinion's needed

Texaskid

Thinking of getting another bike. Am looking at several 2nd gens. I came across this one .

2008 YAMAHA VENTURE FULLY DRESSED

Is that a resonable price for the bike or should I keep looking. Am also thinking of going to kawasaki nomad as I had one before and no problems with it durning the 4 yeaars that I owned it.

All comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Bill.

According to NADA is bout 2k below avg retail ( I think is a good price)...to me its odd for a dealer to sell one at that price unless its on consignment, atleast around here they want full retail and then some.

There's an '07 and '08 in our classifieds that are close to that price, may have to drive to pick em up.

If you go with a new nomad, let us know how it rates.

Looks stock to me. As opposed to fully dressed. No passing lights, trunk rack, bag rails, back rest, rear light bar or pegs. Might want to check classifieds here for full dress rides. All those extras can get expensive when you go to adding. And you will add.:big-grin-emoticon:

there are a lot of bikes out there right now and the prices are decent.

check out the bikes in our classified forum before you plunk down you dough.

the bikes here are well known, so there is nothing hidden and no sales hype.

do a search and there are some links to bikes that may still be on the block.

IF and I mean "IF" its the real deal yes that is a good price 08 still under factory warranty but like stated its not a fully loaded RSV and also whats the history on the RSV?? being on craigslist I would be Leary of it!! I had one of my bikes on craigslist and was hit with scam after scam after scam:headache: finally had to pull it off had so many scam hits it was sicking!!!

Check out our classified section no scams there and the bikes are well know by most here so you would be getting a good ride. thats where I bought my Midnight and I been loving it ever since!!

If you see one you would like to check on but its to far out for you

just ask and one of us close by would be happy to check on it for you!!!!!!

besides 1999 to 2010 still has the same design "the cassette player":rotfl:

only difference is the color.......

it is only an hour from where I am, he has another bike listed and seems to be a dealer. Will give him a call tomorrow and talk to him. There is also this bike which is in El Paso. This guy has 2 bikes ...........

1999 Honda Valkyrie Interstate-Low Miles-Custom Paint-Excellent

03 Yamaha Venture-Totally Loaded-Very Low Miles-Incredible Bike

both bike seem to be a little hifgh priced acording to NADA and Kelly Blue Book. But I will be going there next week to see my Mom and my son.

Looks stock to me. As opposed to fully dressed. No passing lights, trunk rack, bag rails, back rest, rear light bar or pegs. Might want to check classifieds here for full dress rides. All those extras can get expensive when you go to adding. And you will add.:big-grin-emoticon:

I agree with Proud Dad...it is a "fully dressed" STOCK RSV like mine was as delivered new. I added and added and added. Chrome passing lights, trunk rack, bag rails, front fender rail, back rest, rear light bar and pegs, H-D rear lights, plus GPS with phone into the audio system and a trailer hitch. Mine has 13K miles and new tires and I wouldn't let it go for less than $14,500. Sounds high but then I don't want to sell mine. I also can't imagine a dealer having it listed that low.

If you want more than what's on this one, keep looking and you'll find a better deal.

it is only an hour from where I am, he has another bike listed and seems to be a dealer. Will give him a call tomorrow and talk to him. There is also this bike which is in El Paso. This guy has 2 bikes ...........

1999 Honda Valkyrie Interstate-Low Miles-Custom Paint-Excellent

03 Yamaha Venture-Totally Loaded-Very Low Miles-Incredible Bike

both bike seem to be a little hifgh priced acording to NADA and Kelly Blue Book. But I will be going there next week to see my Mom and my son.

I just tried BOTH of these links and got this:

albuquerque craigslist > for sale / wanted > motorcycles/scooters

This posting has been deleted by its author.

(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)

Never kow if they were sold, a scam or what, being on Craig's List.

I have been looking at touring bikes for a month or so. This is a very good price for an '08. The cheapest I have seen an '08 priced in all that time is 10,000. You have to remember this thing still has 3 years left on the warranty.

A dressed bike to most people is fairing/radio and saddlebags. Other niceties like cruise, and intercom are only found on the highest end bikes, so I don't think "fully dressed" is over stating it on a Venture.

IMHO

I agree, the first thing I noticed was there was no chrome goodies. Once you add all the other stuff........add at least another grand. I would look around for one that is actually "fully dressed".

Good price for a Venture. However it is not fully dressed it is STOCK. Every Venture out there comes with what that one has. The only factory option is a cd player and that may or may not have one. Everything else to make that a full dresser is pretty expensive. Compare some members photos and that one and you'll see what we're talking about.