IGNORED

Port Dover, Friday the 13th 2010

elag

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live across from Sarnia. The Port Dover Rally is something I've wanted to do. I only have Friday off and I would have to return early in the evening. Would it still be worth going? How early do things start? Thanks.

People start arriving and setting up camp or vendors sites usually Wednesday or Thursday morning. You can arrive with the sun and there will be people there. Be careful where you park, beware that the whole town is bikes and it can be murder trying to leave, especially in mid or late afternoon. Not only are they parked along the side of the road, also two lanes down the middle too, so with people walking.... traffic barely moves, and you are clutching like a fiend, better off to put in neutral and walk the beast. A small town (like 4 blocks long) with over 100,000 people, it can be shoulder to shoulder and getting stuff (beer, ice cream etc.) can be brutal. Pay attention - the guy you bump into maybe a full patch H/A (said from experience) On The Fringe is the big Friday 13th wear store, but the shirts are all the same on the 12th or the 14th, just $5 cheaper. As long as you are prepared for the crowds it can be fun, and expect alot this year, they are going for the World Record again.

AND: Expect to go through Ride Programs, OPP can't police Caledonia, so they'll be out in full force making another pathetic show of their incompetance.

Have fun, look for the tv cameras, maybe y'all will be famous.

I live across from Sarnia. The Port Dover Rally is something I've wanted to do. I only have Friday off and I would have to return early in the evening. Would it still be worth going? How early do things start? Thanks.

By afternoon it could be standing room only. There's a lot of curious people that are not bikers checking things out too. Very interesting mix, quite entertaining, lots of vendors. A few exhibitionist will stop all movement of the crowd. Get there early if possible. Some of my friends leave for Dover a 0500 hrs. and usually head for home before noon. It gets bigger every year and if the weather's cooperates???

I intend to be there. Was there yesterday to check out a bike that was for sale. Didnt buy.

Had coffee at Timmys and headed back home. I usually try to be at Timmies at 2 pm on 13 th Dover days and have met some members there on previous years. So anyone interested in meeting for coffee, come around at 2 pm. at TIM HORTONS. :beer::canada:

We any of you have any Venturerider swag on?

:confused07:

Good question....been thinking about it myself. There's too many people around the coffee shop, and one would be really lucky to get a seat inside. So i am suggesting we meet along the fence right across the Timmies doors as you come out of the doors (after getting your supply of the "DRUG".) :97:

Any other ideas are welcome. If i remember, i will get a red baloon and tie it on the fence.:o Oh.....and for the once that have never met me, i will be wearing 'brown' skin...

and doing the twist if someone in the area will have a Chubby Checker song playing...:dancefool:

Unless something very important comes up I fully intend to go. I booked the day off work months ago .

Hey chabicheka, since your most likely passing my way let me know and I,ll hook up and ride with you

[quote]:o Oh.....and for the one's that have never met me, i will be wearing 'brown' skin...

What do you wear the rest of the time:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Edited by saddlebum

How early, is early? I am asking because I get home from work at 1:am.

1 am is fine with me.......................:sign just kidding:

I was thinking around 7 am to leave toronto. would take me an hour to get near your place. If you prefer, i could leave at 8 am and meet you around 9 am? if you want to leave even later, then 10 am max.How does that sound?

Anyone wanting to join up from Toronto is welcome. Once there, i prefer to split up and be on my own so as not to take up anyones time to wait for me while i am looking at a bike for half an hour or spending lots of time trying out Helmets etc. We could then meet at Timmies at 2 pm, as is our tradition...and set up a time as to what time we should leave.:thumbsup2:

Abdul.

I was thinking around 7 am to leave toronto. --- Anyone wanting to join up from Toronto is welcome. --- Abdul.

Abdul - would sure like to join you and others but I will still be at the cottage (and planning to ride to Sudbury tomorrow). Hope to connect with you for a ride once I am back in Toronto - maybe to Haegens again.

Evan

Where is the Timmys where you meet? Anyone coming from Toronto or Mississauga? We could ride together.......

Unless you arrive in Port Dover before 5am. Good luck getting even close to Timmy with the bike. Just park it when you come to the stand still and walk to Timmys. It's right down town. Walk toward the beach and you'll see it.

How early, is early? I am asking because I get home from work at 1:am.

1 am is fine with me.......................:sign just kidding:

I was thinking around 7 am to leave toronto. would take me an hour to get near your place. If you prefer, i could leave at 8 am and meet you around 9 am? if you want to leave even later, then 10 am max.How does that sound?

Anyone wanting to join up from Toronto is welcome. Once there, i prefer to split up and be on my own so as not to take up anyones time to wait for me while i am looking at a bike for half an hour or spending lots of time trying out Helmets etc. We could then meet at Timmies at 2 pm, as is our tradition...and set up a time as to what time we should leave.:thumbsup2:

Abdul. Meeting up around 9:am sounds good to me. If you remember how to get to my place we can meet there Or if you prefer there is the timmy's on Walkers line and Harvester Rd just south of the QEW. As Abdul say's, anyone wanting to join up is welcome.

Abdul. Meeting up around 9:am sounds good to me. If you remember how to get to my place we can meet there Or if you prefer there is the timmy's on Walkers line and Harvester Rd just south of the QEW. As Abdul say's, anyone wanting to join up is welcome.

HI Ben...

You really expect me to remember where your house is?? Many a times i need the help of the GPS to find my way HOME! Thats what happens when one gets old.:8:

Ray ( "PAYSAW")

Would be nice to have you ride with us. Try and be at the TIM HORTONS mentioned above at 9 am. (Walkers Line/Harvest Road intersection in Burlington.)

Anyone going to Port Dover is welcome to join up. I am in Scarborough. We can meet around my area or we can meet at Burlington ( see above),. I will leave my home around 7.30 am due to rush hour traffic. If i get in Burlington a bit early, wouldnt mind grabbing a " double double":97:

Evan....

You have fun at the cottage. We will get in touch for sure next week.:banana:

My phone number if anyone wants to get in touch is 416 292 4801.

Abdul.:canada:

Edited by chabicheka

You really expect me to remember where your house is?? Many a times i need the help of the GPS to find my way HOME! Thats what happens when one gets old.:8:

Sorry Abdul. You look so young I always forget How OOOOOld you really are.:rotfl::rotfl:

So I will see you at Timmy's At Harvester road and Walkers line here in Burlington.

P/S I know I reapeted the location but since your so old I thought a reminder would not hurt :innocent-emoticon:

For those of you who want to meet up also, just take Walkers line cut off from the QEW go south to the next street (Harvester road) and make a right (there is a ford dealer on the cornor) once past the dealership Tmmie's is on the right. See you there.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Edited by saddlebum