IGNORED

Couple of Questions

I am still very new to the Venture, have under 2000 miles on my '07 but I have a few questions.

1. Does everyones cruise control when set and you let go of the throttle doe sit doees it drop almost 5MPH before coming back up to speed?

2. I bought a set of passing lamps used that came with the spacer but still cannot get the fairing off without almost completely removing the passing lamp bar, any suggestions on that.

3. How many gallons should there be left when the fuel light comes on, I filled up the other day with the fuel light on and still had 1.9 gallons, 2 fuel bars on the gauge and the reserve ODO came up but I was not on reserve.

Thanks in advance for you assistance.

I love the bike and look to have it for a very long time, or at least til it's payed off, and they release an update to it that is much better.

1. As Dray says hit set and tap accel button right after . It'll lock up the cruise much sooner witk little or no lag.

2. One of our members makes and sells an aluminum block to solve that problem. Have to check on who but I have one and it works great.

3. That's about right and normal in fact. Mine comes on with about 2 gal left in tank as well. Reserve usually needs turned on between 15 and 20 miles thereafter. after you've ridden the bike enough to know what you MPG's are you can estimate how far you can go after the low fuel trip meter activates.

Larry

This is the way mine has been working. The fuel tank actual holds 6 gallons. Of air that is. The most you can get in without doing the mod to the filler neck is 5 gallons. There's a gallon of air trapped in the tank above the lip on the filler. After the fuel light comes on and the Fuel Mileage starts counting up I go about 30 miles. When I stop for fuel I can put in 5.75 gallons filling it up to the neck after doing the mod . I don't think I want to push it much past that 30 mile count.

The book says it comes on with a gallon left and that is pretty much correct on my bike.

ask "redneck"!

he is familiar with ALL the flaws in a second gen., "wanna-be" tourer.

:stirthepot:

lol

just jt

Don't pay any attention to this old coot. His idea of touring is to make it to the outskirts of town before his antique breaks down.

The others have pretty well answered your question its just a matter of getting use to your scooter.

I am not sure what he meant by wanna-be I rode a road star over 2400 in a week, the last leg home was over 850 in one day. now that I have the venture I can go further, in the 2 years I have ridden most of which on a V-Star 650 I have almost 20000 behind me. Most of my rides are 200+.

Also in reply to the member stating about the person selling the aluminum block spacer I looked at it in th Tech forum and I have that spacer, I bought the lamp setup used from a member here and that was included in the price, but the only way to get the fairing off it to loosen the mounting screws almost all the way out, then take one out and tilt the lamps, slide that side of the fairing on then tilt the other way and slide that side of the fairing on, still allot of hassle though.

Thanks to the other replies, though.

My '07 RSV low fuel light and trip counter comes on close together at about 4.3 gallons from the top of the fuel neck (no mods so have normal expansion space). Usually about 158-165 miles on the trip meter.

At about 20-25 miles past that I have to flip the valve to reserve position. That is about a 4.8 gallon total fillup. I get about 38.5 mpg single rider commuting and 40-42 mpg 2-up touring. Never taken it over 190 miles before a fillup but 170 miles is common for me. So not really sure how much usable fuel is really left in the tank after I flip to reserve. Would like to carry a 1 gallon portable and run it out completely and find out some day though.

Thanks for all of the replies, I tested the Cruise Control method of hitting the ACC button right after hitting the SET and it worked great...

I also have a quick RANT about the gas stuff, I have noticed that all of the gas stations around me are switching to gas pumps that will not allow you to softly pull the trigger and allowing for topping off which as we all know if important to bikes so that we do not splash gas all over the tank...this is really getting on my nerves, they keep talking about using less gas, and here we are riding bikes that use less but they make it so much more difficult to get gas for us that it kinda does not make sense RIGHT?

ok off the RANT box now..

I have noticed that all of the gas stations around me are switching to gas pumps that will not allow you to softly pull the trigger and allowing for topping off which as we all know if important to bikes so that we do not splash gas all over the tank

A trick I use is to use the boot on the nozzle to turn off the fuel. Still not foolproof but at the station next to me it works better than releasing the handle. Rod

I don't really care about topping off...I don't figure that little bit of gas is going to matter but I DO like rounding off the price to an even number...just a little quirk of mine. Some of these pumps make that VERY difficult.

That is why your gas mileage sucks you never fill the tank. :stirthepot::sign20:

Firewalker Welcome most of us do not care what you ride either just like to have fun at certain peoples expense.

Hipshot I have to say that was a good one, however I do remember you stating you have not even ridden yours lately, Eh !

Brad

That is why your gas mileage sucks you never fill the tank. :stirthepot::sign20:

Firewalker Welcome most of us do not care what you ride either just like to have fun at certain peoples expense.

Hipshot I have to say that was a good one, however I do remember you stating you have not even ridden yours lately, Eh !

Brad

finally!!!!!! another member with a sense of humor!

thanks for being you, bradt.

just jt