IGNORED

Cars we DROVE

dray

That was super - thanks for sharing. Ironically, yesterday while out riding, stumbled across a club (forgot the name) of 1915 - 1930 vehicles - 12 out of the 14 were in prime condition. Mainly Pierce Arrows, couple of Hudsons, a Cadillac. One was for sale - only $85,000! A freind of mine sent me the attachments, I will see if I can figure how to share them here.

Mine was a '55 Chevy. I can't believe I was so dumb selling that car! We used to love to drive to the XXX back then along with all the other "kids." :) Oh yea, I still can! The last original XXX Drive-in is still here in the area. :whistling: Love to drive my the '67 Mustang there and remember the great times we once had.

Thanks for the great memories!!

Lowflyer07

Ride Safe

That was pretty cool. Most were just slightly ahead of my time. I've owned a lot of cars in my life but in my early days they were 60 Chevy Belair, 67 Pontiac Tempest, 69 Camaro, 69 VW, 73 Chevelle 454 SS, 74 Dodge Challenger. There were a couple others mixed in there that I just happened upon and bought/sold pretty quickly...some year Corvair and a 62 Chevy Impala.

Fastest I had was a 1970 Ford Torino built up 429 SCJ.

Mine was green!

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/797000-797999/797288_4_full.jpg

FUN FUN FUN I had a 56 Ford with a 312 Y block in it.. Took off for Mt. Rushmore with out telling my folks. Called collect from Rapid city. Told me to get my ass home in five minutes. 1,000 miles. I think my dad was still mad to the day he died. He did the same thing, but he was different.:cool10:

I miss my '58 Chevy!! [/quote]

I miss mine too!! Had a '58 Impala convertible. 348Cubes coupled to a 2 speed powerglide. She was black with white top & red/white interior. gawd I loved that car. I bought her for $350 in 1968. Imagine what that would be worth today eh? Still got a pic somewhere... will post it if I find it.

1st car was an English Ford Anglia like the one in the last Harry Potter movie. When I turned 17 in 68, I bought a 64 Chevelle with a 327 4-speed, That car got me thru 4 years in the military.

Then a sharp 65 Chevelle and in 77 a 240Z Datsun that in 79 I put a 350 Chevy in it and later on a 327. When I finally parked it I had put 156,000 miles on the conversion. Very fun car to drive.

RandyA

And the video was great!!!

Guest Yamahawg

Had quite a few , Dad loved to trade around with older cars. 55 Buick, 60 Chevy Impala, 63 Ford Fairlane (3 in floor that got hung up if ya shifted from 3 to 1 directly, Got out many times at red light to crawl under and hit the linkage. Thinking back that was fun times though) 65 Ford Fairlane, 67 Ford Fairlane. But my all time favorite was a 69 Javelin,(390 4 Barrel) One hot little car. Lucky Im around to write about this one. Can remember on more than one occasion I was scared ****less when testing just how fast it would go.