IGNORED

someone keeps calling

Brake Pad

this number 416-640-3489 is calling me every fricken day it's a phishing scam this number belongs to this company:

The Logit Group

5353 Dundas Street West

Toronto,ON M9B 6H8

Telephone : 416-236-4770

Fax: 416-236-4771

Want to really let them know what you think?

CEO

Anthony Molinaro

molinaro@logitgroup.com

416-236-4770 x224

President

Sam Pisani

pisani@logitgroup.com

416-236-4770 x223

this is great, I'm going to fax them, the old 3000 pages yellow pages index, from 2004

I have saved in my doc's. I'll run it late at night:stirthepot::whistling:

That trick does seem to work, I've used it at times, and then NO MORE CALLS or faxes,,,wonder why?????

I appreciate the frustration that comes with receiving unwanted telemarketing calls. I dislike them as much as the next guy and am on the "national do not call list".

But as someone who ownes a market research data collection call center (survey company). It generally is not the intent to bother people but to obtain information that can help improve products and services.

After reviewing their website, Logitgroup appears to be a legitimate research firm not a scam or front for a sales call. (They use the same software system I do)

If you don't want them to call you back, the best thing you can do is answer the phone and tell them you absolutely will not participate in the survey. The interviewer can then mark the number as a "refusal" and you shouldn't receive any further calls.

Dave

Does this mean no one on the vr.org site will take my calls????? :big-grin-emoticon:

I appreciate the frustration that comes with receiving unwanted telemarketing calls. I dislike them as much as the next guy and am on the "national do not call list".

But as someone who ownes a market research data collection call center (survey company). It generally is not the intent to bother people but to obtain information that can help improve products and services.

After reviewing their website, Logitgroup appears to be a legitimate research firm not a scam or front for a sales call. (They use the same software system I do)

If you don't want them to call you back, the best thing you can do is answer the phone and tell them you absolutely will not participate in the survey. The interviewer can then mark the number as a "refusal" and you shouldn't receive any further calls.

Dave

Does this mean no one on the vr.org site will take my calls????? :big-grin-emoticon:

Well here is the way I feel about it. I'm on the do not call list also. I WILL tell them to NOT call me again and I also let them know that I am reporting their number. I not only tell them that but I DO follow through. I should not have to waste a minute of my time telling them that I am on the do not call list. It is their responsibility to obtain the scrubbed list. I don't get nearly as many of those calls as I used to but when I do, they get reported.

I hope that everybody is reporting these telemarketers who feel that the law does not apply to them. Here is the link to do so:

https://complaints.donotcall.gov/complaint/complaintcheck.aspx?panel=2

Now I do realize that charities, political organizations, and telephone surveyors are exempt and I think that is wrong. If I have any doubt though, they get reported.

If I am home and the telmarketer is unlucky enough to get me the conversation usually goes like;

Them;Hello, May I speak to Mrs. Myers( our phone is listed in her name)

Me; No, shes busy, she is in the shower

Them; Is this Mr. Myers?

Me; No, I'm Mrs. Myers boyfriend, Mr Myers is out of town. What do you want?

Only once have I had them hang up without asking the same question again. On several occasions i've had them start laughing and then tell me they cannot believe what i am telling them at which point I hang up.