IGNORED

Things that car drivers do that irritate and endanger motorcyclists.

midnightventure

What kinds of things that drivers do to really irritate you. I'll start it off with a couple of things that bug me.

I'm riding down the 4 lane in the dark and a car passes me and pulls right back into my lane. I can no longer see dead animals and alligators in the road. Why don't they just wait to pull over until they are further ahead as long as they don't have somebody riding their tail.

I'm coming up to an intersection in heavy traffic. Car pulls up, stops, and then starts easing forward. Well if he thinks he is going to shoot the gap behind me he probably just lost his chance because I am going to think he's coming out in front of me and slow down. I have to assume he's coming because previous experience says so.

Maybe if we can come up with enough of these maybe we can send them in to some magazine and get them published where the car drivers can see them.

Maybe we could also list those things motorcyclists do that annoy car drivers.

Like, riding down the white line in heavy stop and go traffic passing everyone and cutting in and out between the cars.

Passing a school bus while it's stopped, signals flashing, at a railway crossing.

Riding slowly, three abreast, on a two lane road making everyone else get out of the way.

100 bikes on a ride all riding in a long formation at 20 kms under the speed limit with no gaps so there's no way anyone can pass them.

I could go on but I just want to point out that folks on bikes can upset car drivers to the point that they may not be as nice as they could be because they think that if folks on bikes are ignorant then so can the car driver. It's the tit-for-tat mentality.

Someone has to make the first move to be polite.... I propose that the bike enthusiasts put their best foot forward for all our sakes no matter what.

Continued hostility only leads to more hostility.

Flicking their damn cigarettes out the window. That pisses me off.

I ride a stretch of road from home to work that is about 20 miles long. During the summer, all the grass that lines the road dries and turns brown and every summer for the past 4 years I have lived here there have been fires on that road. And guess what the cause of EVERY FIRE has been? Discarded cigarette butts. The problem is that these careless smokers have no reguard for what they are doing. I am with you. It REALLY pisses me off. One time I saw I guy toss his still-lit cigarette butt out the window when I was riding behind him. I pulled over and picked it up and followed him. At the next signal, I pulled up next to him and got him to roll down his window and when he did I flicked the cigarette butt into his lap and rode off. I know it wasn't right but I think I made my point to him. :no-no-no:

Guest KitCarson
How about the stuff both do that annoys,, I hate anyone riding behind me with brights on, or with their HID lights mis-adjusted so they blind me just like brights.

Good Point....those of us with modulators........need to learn to use the low switch in slow traffic behind cars......the one in front of you knows you are there.......traffic is creeping along.....give them a break. I try to remember to do that.....sometimes get to watching the blue lights up ahead or something and temp forget.......but something we need to do. Kit

There are numerous things that irritate and cause potetial accidents. Smokers who throw there sigs out the window, or any other thing thrown out the window. Tail gators. Even worse than a drunk driver is people on a cell phone while driving, I have even seen motorcycle riders talking on the phone while trying to drive. Your correct when you say it is not only the car drivers that need to look at what they are doing.

:bobby:

I ride a stretch of road from home to work that is about 20 miles long. During the summer, all the grass that lines the road dries and turns brown and every summer for the past 4 years I have lived here there have been fires on that road. And guess what the cause of EVERY FIRE has been? Discarded cigarette butts. The problem is that these careless smokers have no reguard for what they are doing. I am with you. It REALLY pisses me off. One time I saw I guy toss his still-lit cigarette butt out the window when I was riding behind him. I pulled over and picked it up and followed him. At the next signal, I pulled up next to him and got him to roll down his window and when he did I flicked the cigarette butt into his lap and rode off. I know it wasn't right but I think I made my point to him. :no-no-no:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

There always seems to be at least one cage-jerk who thinks he's in a race with you. Seems no matter how much faster you go or how many lane changes you make or how many other cages you pass, there's always one jerk who seems to feel he can keep up with you as if he's in a race with you. This happens all the time and not just out on the highway... even around the city.

I'm riding down the 4 lane in the dark and a car passes me and pulls right back into my lane. I can no longer see dead animals and alligators in the road. Why don't they just wait to pull over until they are further ahead as long as they don't have somebody riding their tail.

Those of us on 1st gens don't really have this problem because we go way to fast to let cars pass us.

The one that gets me the most is when your riding in rain and that car behind you just has to pass you...Which is cool because I'm usually not going to fast then .....But they have to pull right back over in your lane immediately after they pass...throwing up all kinds of spray on your windshield...All they have to do is stay in the passing lane another 50 yards or so....Then bring it over

Last week I was going up the highway, bear in mind this is a B.C. highway, you are either going around a corner, up or down a hill or all three combined. I looked at the woman in the mini van in the next lane. She was talking on her cell phone while eating a hamburger at 110 kph. Both hands were full and she was totaly distracted. I booted it out of there.

Last week I was going up the highway, bear in mind this is a B.C. highway, you are either going around a corner, up or down a hill or all three combined. I looked at the woman in the mini van in the next lane. She was talking on her cell phone while eating a hamburger at 110 kph. Both hands were full and she was totaly distracted. I booted it out of there.

That is about normal on the Malahat, but going a little slower than normal, even though the speed limit there, is 80 kph..........

I see that every day in California. The only difference is that they are usually doing two or three other things as well. I was riding down the freeway one day and saw a car up ahead that was weaving all over his lane. Being the "good cop" that I am, I pulled up next to him to see if he was falling asleep or worse yet drunk. Instead I found him talking on his cell phone with a cup of coffee in one hand, his laptop in his lap, a PDA in the other hand, a cigarette in his mouth and he was driving with his knees. All this while doing aobut 75mph down the freeway. What an idiot.:no-no-no:

Let's not forget about those people that pass you on a dry,clear day and then insist on pumping 3 gallons of washer fluid onto their windshield and over the roof. Yeah, thanks folks. I really needed that. :buttkick:

Not as bad on my VR because of the windshield, but when I'm on my Harley all i get is a facefull of washer fluid.(no windshield)

This happened last night in my area. This was an e-mail sent out department wide as an FYI type thing. I've had to delete out the location for obvious reasons. Just another reminder for us all to be extremely alert at ALL times.

"Fatal Crash 07-******: Rt. 28 ************ Rd. A van traveling north on Rt. 28 attempted to pass two vehicles in front of it utilizing the south bound lane. A motorcycle which was traveling south on Rt. 28 was struck by the van. Officer ********** from CIU responded and handled the crash. Refer to Officer ********** rundown for further information."

I Like that one! I think someone who throws butts out the window should not only be charge for littering, but arson as well.:225:

What else that really ticks me off is when a car damn near kills me and then they flip me off like it was my fault.:mad: