Is there any way of knowing what RSV engines could be used

for replacement, say, on an ’03 RSV. When it gets time I would

like to give my “ride” a new lease on life. I like this machine.

Yamaha and parts suppliers aren’t much help. Their position:

responsibility rest with you for knowing your needs.

Don't sell this bike short, I believe that there are some on this site that have over 200k on theirs!!!!!

I have some friends with V maxs and they tell me that some of the guys with them buy venture motors and put the Vmax stuff on them so they have new motors for there 1st gen Vmaxs. so if you have a hard time finding them this might be why.

As Kent said. 99 on. I'd like to get a spare and put the Vmax carb setup on it then figure out how to fit it on the RSV someday. But alas it only takes money... :whistling::mo money:

About 3 months ago I saw that Pinwheel cycles had a salvaged 2009 with 400 miles on it. They show them running in a video then tear them into parts. This one's engine was for sale for $1300 plus $295 shipping . This does not include the carbs, jsut the engine/trans but a good deal for somone with a love for their bike. However, as other have mentioned these things run forever.

Just my :2cents:

JB

Yep, met a guy on a 2000 mm at the gas and go in cordele one morning as I was heading home from work, If his odometer was right, and he was telling the whole story. it had 378,000 miles on it and the only repair had been one rear end at 200,000, he was pulling a trailer at it was running prefectly, he rode with me from cordele to sycamore where I live, he was heading home to Fl. i didn't hear it miss a beat.

And I don't know him but Jim Martin ( our former dearler) told me that he had a customer in fitzgerald with one that had 280,000 on it the last time he serviced it.

So it might be a long time before you need that engine.

Gregg

What is your mileage? I have 130,276 on my 02 Midnight and it will be good for another 130,000 miles.

:farmer:

Don't sell this bike short, I believe that there are some on this site that have over 200k on theirs!!!!!

Change the oil and antifreeze and you should not have to worry about it lasting, unless all you so is ride, everyday and all day.:thumbsup2:

Brad

• 2 weeks later...
Wow if that guy has 378,000 miles on his 2000 he must ride coast to coast and chase the sun! Thats alot of riding wish i could do that!:dancefool:

He said he has been on the artic circle trip 4 times, and all over alaska.

Gregg

He must not stop except to change oil, But that is only 37,800 miles per year.