IGNORED

1st Gen VS. 2nd Gen

Bubbajbi

I am relatively new to this sight and I have seen a pattern of distain emminating from most 1st gen owners toward 2nd gen owners. I thought we all shared the common interest of riding Yamaha's. Am I wrong? Every time there is a post about a problem with a 2nd gen, some 1st gen owner has to chime in with "...you should've bought a 1st gen!", or "...that bike can't keep up with a 1st gen." Why so much animosity? Is it because your afraid of change or are you afraid of not getting noticed when parked next to a 2nd gen? From the posts I have read on this website, it sounds like the 1st gens are falling apart. Oil leaks, electrical problems, brakes locking up and the list goes on and on.

Some of you like owning antiques that are hard to restore and need to be handled delecately so they don't fall apart and that is probably why you own 1st gens. I do not hold that against you. But I think when we all admit that the 2nd gen is a superior bike then we can all start being friends and put this whole uglynes behind us. I accept all of the 1st gen owners appologies in advance.

:bighug:

(P.S. Don't take it personal. I am only joking):rotf:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am relatively new to this sight and I have seen a pattern of distain emminating from most 1st gen owners toward 2nd gen owners. I thought we all shared the common interest of riding Yamaha's. Am I wrong? Every time there is a post about a problem with a 2nd gen, some 1st gen owner has to chime in with "...you should've bought a 1st gen!", or "...that bike can't keep up with a 1st gen." Why so much animosity? Is it because your afraid of change or are you afraid of not getting noticed when parked next to a 2nd gen? From the posts I have read on this website, it sounds like the 1st gens are falling apart. Oil leaks, electrical problems, brakes locking up and the list goes on and on.

Some of you like owning antiques that are hard to restore and need to be handled delecately so they don't fall apart and that is probably why you own 1st gens. I do not hold that against you. But I think when we all admit that the 2nd gen is a superior bike then we can all start being friends and put this whole uglynes behind us. I accept all of the 1st gen owners appologies in advance.

(P.S. Don't take it personal. I am only joking):rotf:[/quo

You are SOOO funny

The friendly ribbing we First gen riders give the second gen riders is just that.

If you did a side by side part # comparison you would find that You are riding a dressed up First gen.

The changes made to make a 2 gen a 2 gen is the body and electrics the motor is the same as a First gen.

We ride First gens because we like a bike that does not LOOK like a harley.

Jeff

Now you went and done it, you got Jeff all riled up about the 1st gen, 2nd gen thinge............

But Jeff is right, it is all in good fun and nobody takes any of it serious..........I am a 1st gen owner myself, and I love it, I also own a V star 1300, and am liking that bike almost as much as my Venture............relax, sit back and enjoy the fun we have with it........Really:bighug:

I think you are going to fit in here very well. Welcome aboard.:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Pssstttt the 1200 1St Gens are faster, than all the later Venture models.:stirthepot: The 1St Gens do not require delicate handling, as they will take a beating & keep on running, where a 2nd gen will most likely be parted out. Mine is called Deer Hunter for a reason & I am still riding it daily.

BTW, I find the seating position of the 1St Gen, more comfy for me.:2cents:

Because you got suckered by something shiny, but you have been covering most of that up...........

:stirthepot::stirthepot:

No , it was more like a blessing . 1st Gen's are not worth covering up . Nothing to bond the leather too , as the plastic keeps falling off .

BEER30

I dont mind riding with 1st Gens either. Kind of like riding next to a rolling museum. Besides they need help to push it on the trailer right Lowell?

No we kid around here but its all in good fun!

Besides they do more fiberglass work on the bikes than most of my marina buddies do on boats. Figure I can learn something!! LOL

Ahh geeeeez this is a bad sign it means winter is coming. The board getting filled up with second gen is better then first gen garbage. It's gonna be a long winter. Every body knows first gens rule. I here it every meet and eat. Slow down the second gen boys are coming and we don't want to loose them somewhere in the mountains. Give me a Red Baron and Blue beast run any day. Is that Brown sugar I see in the rear view?:whistling::whistling::whistling:

1. How many 1st generations were sold in the USA & Canada?

2. How many 2nd generations sold to the same locates?

Reason for questions: In all our travels we've only personally known 1 couple who owned a 1st generation, (that was about 10 years ago in Maine.) Up to and including today we personally know no one who ownes or has ever owned a 2nd generation. Seeing either version on the roads around here is almost never ever.

That's why we're here on this great site. To ask questions, and to learn all we can about the Venture and/or Tour Deluxe. We're very interested in these V-4 products.

You are SOOO funny [/font]

The friendly ribbing we First gen riders give the second gen riders is just that.

If you did a side by side part # comparison you would find that You are riding a dressed up First gen......

We ride First gens because we like a bike that does not LOOK like a harley.

Jeff

Jeff you meant undressed first gen right?:confused24:

if you want check out a 1st gen closer give me a call 386-717-1816 , you can even take a test ride , there a lot of them in central fl. a lot of them are not on vr.org , there 4 more 1stgens in the deland area and i here there is 1 for sale in Eutis , there is a lot of 2ndgens around too but they are hard to spot because they wear Harly camo :rotfl:if you are in my area or going to visit here give me a call and i'll introduce you to Smoke

thom