IGNORED

Ouch, My bike went down.

Flyinfool

I had the bike parked out in the back yard today and my baby fell down.

The ground was so soft from all of the rain that we have been having that the side stand and the 4 inch dia metal plate it was on sunk into the ground and over she went.

I was not sure how to pick it up since the side stand was still in the down position with the bike laying on the left side.

I have never before tried to pick up a heavy bike that was fully on its side, and certainly not with the side stand in the way.

I was happy to find the the old but against the seat and push with the legs brought it right up.

I was even happier to find that due to the soft ground the mirror was simply buried into the ground and there was not so much as a scratch on anything.

Dodged a bullet on that one.

Now the next question.

Is there any thing that should be looked at and or checked from the hour or so that it was laying down for a nap?

Hey Jeff,

Boy, when I saw the head line I thought for sure this was going to be bad news! I am glad you are not hurt, and no damage to your bike. Here are a few things I would look at. There are vents on the brake and clutch M/C reservoirs, make sure that they are not weeping or dripping brake fluid on the gas tank. The Carbs. could be flooded, wait a while after setting the bike upright before starting. The Final Drive is also vented but the oil is very thick, never the less, check to be sure that there is not a big puddle back by the rear wheel. And of course, did gas leak out of the gas cap or the overflow tubes? If so, wash the tank with soap and water ASAP!

I am so glad you were not injured!!!:thumbsup2:

Earl

Well I checked everything mentioned and nothing leaked.

The gas was down to 1 bar so there was not much in there to leak.

I started it up and took it for a quick lap through the park and all seems well.

I did some banging and pushing and pulling on the fairing to check for cracks and the only looseness that I found was the rider....

I guess this means that I am either lucky or all of my vents for everything are plugged.

Mike

I'm still working on the snorkel, I get tired treading water while working on it, so it is going slow.

It was interesting bringing it back up since at one point on the way up it was teetering on the side stand, I just kept hoping that the side stand would not fold back or snap off while I was pushing up the weight. I would hate to have 800 lbs suddenly shift on me.

Now that it is day later and nothing hurts that did not hurt before so at least I did not hurt myself picking it up.

Edited by Flyinfool
fat finers

a couple of weeks ago when I had my T-bone fender-bender into the errant U-turner, I tried to pick up my '83 like that and I couldn't pull it off - my legs are screwed up from an auto-pedestrian accident in 1990 (I was the pedestrian), a girl drove into my '86 blazer door, closing on my legs - broke both femurs, among other things, and I lost several muscles that were crushed. I have to rely on at least a couple of other strong guys helping me out. Doug

It was interesting bringing it back up since at one point on the way up it was teetering on the side stand, I just kept hoping that the side stand would not fold back or snap off while I was pushing up the weight. I would hat to have 800 lbs suddenly shift on me.

Thats what I did 1st time I dropped the "Blue Beast" Picked her up and dropped her over the other way!! A little embarassing....Warden wanted to know what I had been drinking!!!

Thats what I did 1st time I dropped the "Blue Beast" Picked her up and dropped her over the other way!! A little embarassing....Warden wanted to know what I had been drinking!!!

So you are saying that faded blue is fast in ALL directions.....:stickpoke: