IGNORED

Houston Area Maintenance Day 21Aug2010

Owen

Are you planning to attend the Houston/SE Tx MD?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Are you planning to attend the Houston/SE Tx MD?

• I'll be there for sure!
    • I really want to attend, I'll confirm later.
    • Texas... August... Are you nuts? I'm a wimp and staying home...

Thom offered to bring his tire changer. We can always tire spoon them off and on if he doesn't. I'm sure we can get Squid to bring his bleeder. The air assist bleeder works better without speedbleeders.

Yep , I planing on bringing it , i am going to mount it on the trailer , and no the 1st gen will not be on it !! but maybe Skyking's 2nd gen will be , he needs to get his fan installed , soooo , I will be bringing my camera :cool10:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep , I planing on bringing it , i am going to mount it on the trailer , and no the 1st gen will not be on it !! but maybe Skyking's 2nd gen will be , he needs to get his fan installed , soooo , I will be bringing my camera :cool10:

Thanks Thom, that will be a great help! Oh and about hauling the 2nd gen, it's good to make the best of those 'once in a life time' chances...:missingtooth:

For those who need directions and lodging information:

Address: 11126 Rippling Meadows Dr., Houston, Tx 77064 Here's a Map. [ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=11126+Rippling+Meadows+Dr,+Houston,+TX+77064&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.244827,76.025391&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=11126+Rippling+Meadows+Dr,+Houston,+Harris,+Texas+77064&ll=29.931135,-95.567322&spn=0.108302,0.148487&z=13&iwloc=A]Map[/ame].

Lodging: All of these are within 5 miles. I will try to scope them out a bit later. [ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Hotel+near+11126+Rippling+Meadows+Drive,+Houston,+TX&sll=29.92682,-95.546036&sspn=0.108306,0.148487&ie=UTF8&hq=Hotel&hnear=11126+Rippling+Meadows+Dr,+Houston,+Harris,+Texas+77064&ll=29.941845,-95.574188&spn=0.10829,0.148487&z=13]Here's a Map.[/ame]

Camping: :scorched: What are you, nuts?

Need more info? Let us know.

What: Houston area, SE texas Maintenance Day

When: August 21, 2010 - 0700 until ??

Where: My humble abode in NW Houston. (Address published later)

Why: The date selected is only 2 weeks before the Pork-In-The-Pines ho-down in Minnesota. I for one will be making the 1400 mile trek up to meet and visit with our northern friends and want to make sure my bike is prepped. Anyone else planning to attend that event can use this MD to get ready. The more eyes on your bike, the better.

Food: Main course - brisket prepared by one of the finest BBQ chefs in the area.

Accommodations: There are several hotels/motels very close by and I will post more info on them later. Sorry, I have no camping room available. Perhaps one of the local members will offer up something.

I have plenty of tools for use however I do not have a tire changer. I'm sure there will be tires to change so maybe someone will lug one along.

This run for the northern boarder will also be the first leg of an extended, 2 week, solo trip for me. From Minnesota I will head to the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia and then down the Tail of the Dragon on my way back to Houston. I should be on the road for about 2 weeks and cover a bit over 4000 miles.

So that's pretty much the plan at this point. I know it will be a fine Texas day with heat and humidity as usual. There will be plenty of iced beverages, shade and maybe even some ice cream to help keep you cool. And yes, the house AC will be on for your pleasure!

Ya'll come on by...

17 days to go!

Thought I would mention a couple things we could use. I have a lift but no adapter. So an adapter and an additional lift would be good. I think the tire hanger is covered by Thom, he thinks he can get the bike and the tire changer on the same trailer... :stickpoke: Extra chairs would also be welcomed. Anything else you all can think of??

Edited by Owen

17 days to go!

Thought I would mention a couple things we could use. I have a lift but no adapter. So an adapter and an additional lift would be good. I think the tire hanger is covered by Thom, he thinks he can get the bike and the tire changer on the same trailer... :stickpoke: Extra chairs would also be welcomed. Anything else you all can think of??

I can bring an adapter with legs... the lift could be tricky. I'll see if I can bring it, but you can lift a bike, put on the legs, then use the lift for another bike. I'll bring chairs for me and Jamie, and a couple others if they will fit in the trailer.

Dave

Edited by Dave77459
typo

I can bring an adapter with legs... the lift could be tricky. I'll see if I can bring it, but you can lift a bike, put on the legs, then use the lift for another bike. I'll bring chairs for me and Jamie, and a couple others if they will fit in the trailer.

Dave

The legs will be a great help Dave! Thanks!

Dave

I have a lift and an adapter that I can bring along. I only live about 6 miles away. Do we need an Air Compressor cause if we do maybe Ponch kin bring his or I can bring mine! I can put the lift on my new hitch rack and get there is 15 minutes or bring it in the car the day before.

We need to start talking about the FOOD! WE gotta decide who brings what!

WE gotta eat dont we??? LOL

I kin bring Tater Salad or Beans! Maybe a desert too!

Ok let's talk food. Who wants to supply something for 'Pot Luck'?

Owen: Brisket, Sausage, Baked beans, morning coffee and empanadas. Lots of cold beverages.

Dave77459: Pasta Salad

Ponch: Tater Salad

jburrell: bread, chips and some desert

gunboat:blue bell ice cream and CUPCAKES

Edited by Owen

We'll brang sum Tater Salad and an air compressor (may not be needed if the beans do their job).

Thanks David. Let me fire up my compressor this week. It should be good but I haven't run it this year yet...

I am glad u used the plural version of cupcakes. i thought at first reading that squid was gonna b yor pillion !!!

:Laugh:

Easy Dale easy.....

:sign20:

I can bring another lift adapter and I have a couple of jacks, 1 @ our house and 1 @ Kregs. We'll more than likely bring the wagon to haul all of it. I'll also bring the usual carbtune and brake bleeder.

Owen & Other Houstonites (word?)

Guys sorry I will not be riding my RSV 2008 Blackcherry from NW. Michigan :(. However Uncle Sam (US Army) will have me about 25 miles away from MD Event!!! :) I will be in Houston, TX from 8 Aug to 17 Sep, other than MD I will be available for many dinners (6 weeks worth).

Maybe Owen can have an ole Air Force buddy pick up the Ole Army Major for this MD Event? I'm not 100% on my availability for that MD Event right this minute but will know shortly. Stay tuned for updates.

So is it HOT in Houston, TX in August :scorched: because I'm use to this :snow2:

Brad (Squid) still have your cell will bump ya next week when I know more :scratchchin:

Owen & Other Houstonites (word?)

Guys sorry I will not be riding my RSV 2008 Blackcherry from NW. Michigan :(. However Uncle Sam (US Army) will have me about 25 miles away from MD Event!!! :) I will be in Houston, TX from 8 Aug to 17 Sep, other than MD I will be available for many dinners (6 weeks worth).

Maybe Owen can have an ole Air Force buddy pick up the Ole Army Major for this MD Event? I'm not 100% on my availability for that MD Event right this minute but will know shortly. Stay tuned for updates.

So is it HOT in Houston, TX in August :scorched: because I'm use to this :snow2:

Brad (Squid) still have your cell will bump ya next week when I know more :scratchchin:

Charlie!!! My contact info is on the VR assistance list. You better call me when you get in town! We will even let you sit inside with the AC and women! :rasberry:

Looking forward to meeting you but it sounds like you will miss PIP! :bang head:

Owen, Becky and I will be attending, we can bring deserts or side dishes just let me know what is needed. I have been working during the last 4 ofr 5 maintenance days and sure am looking forward to meeting more of the experts and ace mechanics. Looking forward to it, Ken Parker

Roger that Charlie, we'll get you around the area here, and we have some good places to eat around here too, so come hungry!

....and hot, yeah it's hot, heat indexes over 100 degrees daily, see you in a few days :thumbsup2:

Ok let's talk food. Who wants to supply something for 'Pot Luck'?

Owen: Brisket, Sausage, Baked beans, morning coffee and empanadas. Lots of cold beverages.

Dave77459: Pasta Salad

Ponch: Tater Salad

jburrell: bread, chips and some desert

gunboat:blue bell ice cream and CUPCAKES

14 days...