IGNORED

good news,bad news

oldgoat

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update. We really appreciate you taking the time to do so. Now I still have some BBQ left over from Maintenance Day, I could send him a sandwich and then he could put on the shirt and relive it all. :)

Still keeping him in our prayers.

Diane,

What a great thing for you to take the time to let us know how Old Goat is doing!

As you can see we are a "family" here.

I spent about an hour late one evening talking to Old Goat about the brakes on his bike and really came to like him. We talked about much more than motorcycles that evening. It always amazes me how people can come togeather over one thing and then find so much in common.

You have posted now so welcome into the "fold"

Prayes sent upward not just for Old Goat but for you also.

SGN

Steve Neal

Prayers for quick recovery and for an easier med regime. My sister-in-law's husband has MS and has had to really work at getting to a balance point where the meds do the job without being worse than the disease. Stuffs not cheap either. Again..prayers up for you guys. God Bless!

Dianne---Thanks for keeping us updated. Still thinking of all of you and wishing the best. You are family now that you posted. Keep after him to get well and the both of you can start coming to meets.

When he's well enough, maybe you can take a laptop to him or print these and read them to him.

oh wow someone wanted a pic of him from the event/ i dont know where to find this? there is a pic. of him in his profile. its a little old so its ok for someone to grab it and post it. so everyone can see what he looks like . i know some said they talked to him but cant put a face to a name?

his daughter amber sister cherie and I spent a long day with him. so far just test after test. he got sick all over the place after the spinal tap.

they are going to start him on soft diet thursday.

they have stuck him so many times he,s black and blue all over his upper body. and back. the thing with steroid treatment the doctor said he will be real real hungry.

and he,s starting to swell in the face. he has to lay flat after the spinal and that pissed him off. to make sure they strapped him down. made him even more pissed off.

nurse said if he gets mean she will knock him out for the night. meds are ready for that. sorry all i know for now.

I found a picture of Oldgoat at this weekends MD.

He is on the far right.

Hope you get better soon James.

Gary

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/venturerider/Sleeperhawks%20Mechanic%20MD%202010/IMG_8493.jpg

glad some one put up a pic..........I knew he and I had talked a bit while we were there. Just couldnt put a name to a face. My prayers are sent up fro you my new found friend and brother. Just glad it didnt happen on the road where their would be no-one to help.

tell him to take it easy and do as he is told. I know , easier said than done.

David

hello, well they found out some stuff .

he had a MS attack. more lession showed up on the brain .

he,s back on avonex these are the shots once a week rest of his life

has to have a stress test for the heart.

has to lose weight. they want at least 10 to 15 off by end of next month.

if he can lose 40 in 6 to 8 months they will see about the lap bind?

blood count something wrong there. there going to do a follow up on that.

the poor man has to take at least 14 pills twice a day 10 will be for rest of his life.

friday he can get up and walk the hall ways.

tonight he gets heart diet food?

he said anything but broth and 1945 green jello. he said if that jello hit the floor it would bounce back to the plate.

but most of all

a BIG BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU.

also said if he is going to go slower rest of his life he might need a second generation? not sure what he meant by that? he said you all will?

well from me to all of you thanks for prayers

and someone got a nice pic of him i printed all of this and gave it to him.

nurse saw him crying and thought he was in pain. he could have said yes and got knocked out again. but i explained why he was crying.

now from me to all of you be safe out there ok

also said if he is going to go slower rest of his life he might need a second generation? not sure what he meant by that? he said you all will?

A lot of us know exactly what he means by this Dianne, the man still has his wits about him !!

Gary

Now you have a plan of attack. Fighting MS is tough, but with someone to watch over him it will be easier.

Look around on the internet and find a MS support group, while some may say they are a waste of time, knowing others that are fighting the same battle does bring some order to it and also provides much needed information.

Seems to me you do not have to win the war, just enough battles to not be losing. This is the way my dad used to survive two valve replacements and 4 bypasses in the same heart surgery in 1974. Doctor's told him 5 years at best, he made fools of them and lived until 2004.

The mind is a powerful thing.

Steve

Dianne,

Just saw this post! not what I wanted to see, but happy to hear that he is coming along. I have spoke with James numerous times privately, and once on the phone. I was very happy to meet him at MD and glad that he caged it over, very personable and likelable. If he wants to talk with any of us let us know as we can get you our phone #'s that are located in our profiles.

Thank you for doing all you have for him, he speaks and thinks very highly of you as do we. We'll look forward to better updates as they come, formerly Squidley, but now Cupcake :)

sssshhhhhhh everyone it,s me oldgoat.

dianne snuck her laptop in so i have to make it quick. plus i have a male nurse tonight. a big brute.

first i want to say thank you from my heart.

your all like a big family to me.

squid dianne said you called sorry no phones allowed in these rooms. but dont worry cupcake if i need help i will call.

im feeling better. long way to go but i will get there.

it was nice to meet all of you at dons MD

now i got to get off of here that male nurse will be doing his rounds soon.

dont get mushy on me but i love you guys and gals

PS tell big tom they wont give me ice cream yet.:crying:

i did get a club type sandwich with a diet dr pepper.

well im gone for now. he,s about 5 rooms down so im off Oldgoat

James,

Good to see that it's you on here and your able to chat a bit. I'm glad to know that you got the message, left my cell #, call anytime you need to my friend. Do what the Doc's suggest, get yourself back in good health as much as you can. Your far too young in the site to be going anywhere soon, great meeting you and it sounds like you had a good time...we'll catch up with you again, rest up bud! :thumbsup2:

Great to hear from you and a big thanks to Dianne for keeping us updated. Now don't worry about that big ol' brute of a nurse...you just tell him that if he gives you a hard time..we've got a little cupcake for him. :)

Glad you are feeling better but you are under order from ALL of us to take care of yourself.